Molina Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated October 20, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Finding a work/ life balance can be challenging (in 22 reviews)

• Upper management make decisions and put processes in place that affect line staff without the input of those who execute these tasks on a daily basis (in 29 reviews)

"Uncertainty, Insecurity & Politics"

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Healthcare care benefits & stock options
    Training & Development

Cons

Hostile work environment
    Low morale
    Incompetent leadership

Advice to Management

Promote , grow and build a succession plan for leadership roles & bring back the culture that Molina was known for .

"Massive Layoffs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Prior to the board of directors eliminating the Molina family from the corporation, the company was mission driven, employee and member centric and had a phenomenal culture.

Cons

Massive layoffs, the elimination of great talent and dramatic shift in culture. Low morale and fear of being cut from a job.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture by having personal integrity and doing the right thing - not letting fear and greed get in the way when making decisions that impact the livelihood of others.

3. "Hoping things get better"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from Home opportunities which makes so much business sense. There is a bedbug and roach problem at the Home plan and most offices are a petri dish. Since being home for 2 years I haven't called in sick one time and before the management change, I was doing really well in my production.

Cons

Everything has been going downhill since they fired the founders sons. There are currently a lot of lay offs and they are trying to put a ton of extra work on the front line that is humanly impossible. Management is lazy and rude. We currently have 8 bosses. I feel like Office Space. A lot of people are meeting with HR hoping to make it better. They took away our holiday pay saying it's overtime and we haven't had a raise in 2 years. They made the quota so high that it's impossible to reach and that's how they can put the blame on you for no pay increase. There is a serious lack of communication and sometimes the supervisors don't answer you at all which is really a problem for many reasons.

Advice to Management

We're not robots. The company is in a downward spiral and putting more work on people and then not training them and giving them jobs they are not qualified for will not make it better. I got told I need to appreciate having a job and to multitask. I already am multitasking and am a great worker. Now there is almost no incentive with that kind of nasty attitude. Trying to hang on because this company has a wonderful vision that I believe in, that America needs and I love working from home.

4. "Former worker at Molina"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great co workers a great place to get experience

Cons

Pay is low, no room for advancement

"Some good and a whole lot of bad"

Former Employee - Case Manager II
    Former Employee - Case Manager II

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home at a certain point
    Decent benefits
    401k with matching percentage
    Discounted stocks
    Perks program - discounted travel/products/services

Cons

-Management that doesn't listen or take new ideas into account
    -Management who have never actually done the job of the people they manage.
    -Retaliation when giving new ideas about processes
    -Processes that are made up by corporate people who don't understand the day to day job.
    -Favoritism by management toward certain employees
    -Employees who are not liked are targeted by management and who is targeted changes from week to week
    -Supervisors who are never available to answer questions but tell you you should be asking questions if you don't understand something or need help with something
    -Supervisors who have never done the job and are unable to appropriately respond to questions
    -Implementing new programs on the fly without thinking through the process or including current employees in the process.
    -Processes that are added to weekly so that you spend more time doing paperwork than interacting with members
    -Moody managers/supervisors who take things personally and take emotions and frustrations out on employees
    -non transparent nature of current layoff situation
    -RNs who make significantly more money than other disciplines doing the exact same job and who are given fewer responsibilities... especially RNs who have associates degrees and other disciplines with Master's degrees making significantly less money and management saying there's "nothing they can do about it and that's just the way it is
    -cubicles are small and difficult to work in when you're trying to talk to members about sensitive issues
    -internal audits done by people who have never done the job and don't understand the job and they are very closed to feedback. They don't read notes appropriately and take points away
    -too much of a production driven job for working with people

Advice to Management

Monitor management -- they create an environment where people don't speak out about problems because no one trusts them. They talk about people behind their backs and play favorites. Pay people according to their experience and their education. Someone with a Master's shouldn't be making less than someone with an associate's because one is a nurse and one isn't when they are doing the exact same job. Take into account the feedback of those who actually do the job. If feedback is a gift as you all say all the time then take into account the feedback of the employees who do the day to day work. What you have now is a bunch of employees who won't speak up because they fear getting difficult cases, being talked over and told they're wrong in team meetings, and being targeted by management etc. in retaliation. The processes are ridiculous and leave little time for helping members. Less time documenting and completing the extreme processes leaves more time for actually assisting members.

Aug 22, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review, as we sincerely appreciate the feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience and encourage you to connect with us at... More

6. "A Business of Nickels"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Very laid back environment. Paid to volunteer in the community

Cons

Promote based on popularity not experience

Advice to Management

Consider the business need and make the tough but necessary decisions. Its okay to be the "bad guy" if it is for the good of the company

7. "Not sure"

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

Not the same since the Molina brother's are gone.

Cons

Decent paid time off for new employees.

Advice to Management

Be more open with layoffs

8. "Inept, narrow-minded management"

Current Employee - Support Staff in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Troy, MI

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, decent pay, ok work-life balance

Cons

Leadership is too top heavy, too many folks not doing their jobs, need more office support staff and fewer overpaid supervisors.

Advice to Management

Stop piling work on the shoulders of a few just so your favorites can sit around gabbing. Stop playing favorites with the hiring process. If it's one year with the company in order to apply for other positions then apply that policy consistently rather than selectively. Ask why case management is hemorrhaging staff.

Aug 3, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying the benefits offered here at Molina. We work close with the Retention team and would love to get more information on how we... More

"Constant chaos & mismanagement. Relocated/reassigned constantly. Poor communication from upper to middle management."

Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Member Service Representative in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Molina Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back for a call center. The staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly. The office space is on a beautiful campus, the downtown office is in a historic building with good places to eat and great entertainment all around for after office hours.

Cons

The building had a flea infestation, which caused 2 relocations in less than a year. Most of the management ignores their team members. IT issues are slow to be resolved, and frequent. The Hughes Way office has parking issues. If you work as a temporary and are hired permanently, your salary is then reduced and the transition is not smooth. HR and work force departments are very slow to respond to issues and inefficient.

Advice to Management

The Molina family had a great vision, which should be still be honored. Serve the poor, and really treat members like family. Treat your employees as your greatest asset so that you can retain a stellar staff and managers. Do a better job of coordinating teams and/departments.

Jul 28, 2017 – Supervisor - Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and for the time that you spent with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the family culture here at Molina. While we make every attempt to increase communication and... More

"Care Coordinator II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home opportunity was great

Cons

Constant changes, micromanagement, untapped full potential, no recognition, very slow to no raises despite great reviews of work performance.

Advice to Management

Don't roll out changes so quickly that it creates mass confusion.