KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Molson Coors Beverage Company

Is this your company?

Molson Coors Beverage Company

Add a Review

Molson Coors Beverage Company Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Nov 13, 2020

Found 21 of over 1,337 reviews

3.8
Molson Coors Beverage Company President and CEO Gavin Hattersley (no image)
Gavin Hattersley
Pros
  • "Great places to work and free beer(in 48 reviews)

• "Work/Life Balance and free beer(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance is challenging for demanding projects(in 12 reviews)

• "Upper management can be swayed by butt kissing and don’t actually manage(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Molson Coors Beverage Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Feb 17, 2020 - Procurement Analyst in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, and it's a career in beer!

Cons

A recent company reorganization has caused a large relocation of energy/efforts.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company in a great business that is struggling a bit

Nov 13, 2020 - Supply Chain Manager in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beer, and alcohol. Fantastic products and great people. Was in this business for a long time, and enjoyed the business thoroughly. Good benefits, great pay over the years (pay is being scaled back for new employees) Would not trade the years in beer for anything.

Cons

A lot of the fun has gone out of the beer business over many years as consolidation has occurred and profits got tighter. Everything was an exercise in driving down costs due to volume pressure on the industry with the shift to spirits and wine over many years. Industry and profit pressures caused numerous personnel reorganizations and downsizing every few years. I went through 15 re-orgs, until having my ticket punched in one in 2019. No complaints, they were very fair and considerate in the severance process.

3. 4.0

Great people

Oct 17, 2020 - Finance Director in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and flexible work environment historically

Cons

Relocated HQ to Milwaukee; not growing as a company

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could be better

Aug 13, 2020 - Wort & Beer Specialist in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the co-workers are great people to work with, pays well for a job in the beer industry, the work (making beer) is fun most days.

Cons

Company is going through an adapt or die moment. Makes for a tumultuous and negative working environment. Hiring and promotion decisions are not always based on an applicant's qualifications for the job. If anything is going to bring this company down it will be the numerous layers of middle management filled with too many inept and malignant people.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Worked for MillerCoors- reviews should be carried over with name change

Jul 28, 2020 - Quality Assurance in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free beer if you're not contracted. Decent pay- better than craft breweries can offer. Benefits were pretty good. In my team I worked with a lot of great people. There were sometimes some opportunities for company paid training/certifications.

Cons

All the above pluses are easily negated by the following: Managers/leadership play favorites. Career advancement is limited- even when they had openings upper management already had someone in mind for the position, so you were interviewing with little hope of getting it. If you don't apply for promotions you'll be punished for that too though- they'll see you as not having any ambition. Constantly moved managers that were not qualified and had no business managing people into our team when they had no idea what my team did- they could have hired within my team very successfully but did not because they just want "yes" men/women to do whatever they say. Managers don't pass along feedback and give opportunities to improve- instead you'll be punished and not told why. New people hired into our team were hired at a significantly higher pay than many people working 5+ years for the company with far more experience and certifications. On that note- raises are pretty poor- usually less than what would be needed to keep up with cost of living. In my team people were required to have a 4 year science degree and were paid less than production employees (most of whom were high school graduates/GED only). All of the above cause morale to be terrible at all times. Large part of the group is contract employees who are underpaid with no benefits and there is constant turnover (true in production areas as well). Contractors who under perform are allowed to remain even when it is to the detriment of the team because our managers didn't want to have to go through the hiring process yet again. Our review metrics, how we self evaluated, how reviews were structured etc changed every single year I was there (8 years). Goals were set for you that you had no control over and no way to impact the success or failure and you couldn't change or remove them. Just completely dysfunctional and very political workplace. I hope it has changed for the better since I left but from my friends who still work there it seems like its at least the same if not worse.

6. 3.0

Great compensation and benefits

Sep 19, 2020 - Line Lead in Irwindale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and upward mobility

Cons

Poor training and talent retention

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Growing Pains

Jul 19, 2020 - Director in Golden, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Good Product, Good benefits.

Cons

Engagement with employees and Executive leadership disconnects.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

MolsonCoors

Jul 29, 2020 - Manager in Irwindale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and wonderful product

Cons

Plant Closure due to poor business decisions

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Oct 2, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with Good environment and culture Free beer

Cons

large company with many working parts - hard to get consensus continual head count changes - always wondering if position will be cut

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Enjoying my career with this organization

Feb 17, 2014 - Senior Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun industry and great people

Cons

Challenging industry with limited growth

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews