Mom365 Newborn Photographer Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard D. Price
1 Rating

Pros
  • loved working with babies and parents (in 17 reviews)

• Working with newborn babies and the reactions of the families when they see the photography (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • They were offering a "minimum wage" of (in 21 reviews)

• I was constantly getting hounded my district manager that I couldn't leave until all babies have been photographed (in 17 reviews)

1. "I love my job! I play with babies all day!"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job is very flexible. You need to get off early no problem. Working with babies is awesome! You get out what you put into the job. If you have a good attitude and work ethic you will do very well!

Cons

Paid only twice a month is not fun. I wish the pay was a bit more.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Beckley, WV
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Beckley, WV

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hospital staff is amazing
    Love working with the babies
    Great starter job as a single mom
    9 times out of 10, I was able to have "mom" hours

Cons

Not a lot of hours (unless you're the only employee covering)
    Pay isn't all that great

Advice to Management

My advice would be that when an employee is out on medical leave, take steps into getting someone in to assist when needed. My coworker has been out for nearly 2 months and I've not had any help come. Granted, my hospital is a low volume hospital but like everyone else, we have days where we get extremely busy. Not only do I do the photography with this company but I am also a contracted employee with another company within the hospital. My manager is aware of my other position and said that if I started feeling overwhelmed, to let her know. I'm still waiting. I worked a total of 52 days straight before I was able to get 1 day off and that only came because I was in the emergency room with my child all night. I loved working for the company and after quitting last year, when a position became available, I jumped on it. I'm not going to sit here and down the whole company but honestly after all of this, when I leave the company again, I will not return. I'm dragged out and it's taking a major toll on me personally.

3. "Management and Customer Service were good"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Covina, CA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Covina, CA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, exciting, great staff. This is a very independent style job.

Cons

Hours depend on how many babies need pictures, commission based salary

5. "Fun photography, not fun selling to people who just gave birth"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Photographing the newborns was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from my trainer.

Cons

Selling to people who just had babies, and disturbing them.

"Great Part-time work, especially for moms"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Orange, CA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Hours are great. I start each day at 10am. I leave when all the babies have been photographed. Normally around 2 pm, sometimes earlier, sometimes later.
    - If the hospital is busy and in a good area, commission is relatively easy to make. I've never made minimum wage - I always make enough in commission that I don't make the fall back rate that is minimum wage.
    - Working in a hospital setting is nice. Hospital treats me like staff.
    - Some flexibility, you can request certain days off in advance if needed without being told no or made to feel bad. My hospital has multiple staff that work it, so we cover each other when needed.
    - Paid via direct deposit twice a month.
    - Benefits
    - I like that I work most of my hours while my kids are in school. I also work four days a week, on the four days that work best for me.

Cons

- Fussy babies are hard to photograph. You NEED to have patience for this job. Sometimes you'll have three rooms, and in all rooms mom is nursing babies - so you're left waiting a bit for when baby is ready. The babies control how these photo shoots go.
    - We're in hospitals 365 days a year - you might work holidays. They do offer holiday pay though and normally it's only a few hours out of the day for you to work. It doesn't personally bother me.

"Newborn Photographer"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent working environment, commission-based wages. Plus, you get to play with babies and cameras!

Cons

Time-management can be an issue because you are forced to run on baby time! While the commission-based wages can be a huge plus, some days just aren't great sales days.

8. "Enjoyed the job but didn't make much money"

Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mom365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative fun job and very satisfying making beautiful memories for families that they will always have. You get to hold babies!

Cons

Sometimes babies will cry no matter what you try and that doesn't make for good pictures. Never knowing how much money you will make.

"DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Taking pictures of babies, working with families in maternity and NICU.

Cons

If you don't get into a hospital that has families that buy, you will work your butt off, make concessions in schedule, get paid a lower hourly pay than higher paid hospitals and in the end, the company will eventually let you go for "performance issues" when they have trained someone to take your spot. This company does not value it's employees AT ALL. Many receive little or no training before being thrown into the job. They will lie about schedule and the way commission is paid to get you in. You get base pay OR commission dependent on sales per day. NOT BOTH. This is my year and 5 months experience with the Cleveland, OH group.

Advice to Management

Value your people and pay them what they are worth. Be respectful of employee's that go above and beyond and don't treat them like they don't matter. You earn your living OFF of the photographers. Stop changing policies and scheduling at the drop of a hat. Provide what your employee's need in order to do their job effectively, including camera's that work properly.

10. "Worst job ever"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Working with babies, wonderful families and amazing hospital staff

Cons

LOW PAY..little commission. Horrible management.

Advice to Management

Pay your photographers!!! Pay a fair livable wage. Base salary plus commission would be a start.

11. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Farrell, PA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Farrell, PA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Babies! Great company to work for, Excellent earning potential, Awesome District Manager who always goes above and beyond for her staff and always has your back, Being a part of a milestone moment in the lives of baby/parents.

Cons

Usually steady but can be very busy or very slow depending on the birth rate, therefore Income can fluctuate depending on how many babies are born and how good you are at selling.

Advice to Management

The district's should be a little smaller so there could be more 1 on 1 action between photographer and district manger.