Mom365 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
John Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working with babies very fun job with great hours" (in 25 reviews)

• "Also only working part time hours for almost full time pay so I am able to be there for my children is a great bonus" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is horrible - minimum wage is guaranteed if you don't sell enough pictures" (in 26 reviews)

• "If you are out in the field as a District Manager expect no support from your RD or home office partners" (in 22 reviews)

1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Field Trainer/Photographer in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Field Trainer/Photographer in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great salary structure, detailed training

Cons

I have NO "cons" or complaints!

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality employees!

2. "Newborn Photographer Job Outlook"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with new families is exciting, and the hospital environment is very positive.

Cons

This position doesn't pay well and management is not organized. Sales are pushed, even when new moms don't want to buy photos or have a session.

3. "photographer"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a beautiful job, you finish work day when you are done with your work, get to work in a nice environment, no direct management on top of you.

Cons

you work for minimum vage, and you get some comission you are paid for what is higher. very low wage, the only ones who stay for a longer time are the trainers.
    they have 401 k and medical insurance, which is basic and no one knows about any of the insurance cause the company is not doing enough to help to understand them. i would rather not to get medical insurance since my salary is low anyway and would get better coverage throw the medi care.
    since the company was bought management is chaotic, my district management is basically existing, the new photographers are not well trained and no one is checking on that. most of the photographers are part-time moms who obviously have another salary to pay the bills.

Advice to Management

remove the benefits to part timers insted give them bonuses, or higher commissions.
    when you are finishing work at 1.00 pm then you know you have to many photographers working the same shift and no one is making money.

4. "This is more of a sales job than a photography job"

Former Employee - Photographer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Photographer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity to make decent money for a part time job if you are good at sales.
    You get to work with newborns
    The working hours are great for moms with school aged children

Cons

Not a good full time job/income to depend on
    Benefits aren't very good
    You are expected to work holidays if your shift falls on one

Sep 4, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

"Good and Bad place to work but when it's bad oh boy"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Family Environment Loved my Supervisor he did everything he could to keep morale up,

Cons

No Raises ever but management get a title change and get one. Supervisors did what they could to make the place workable

Advice to Management

Look to the future it seems like were always catching up with everyone. Sales started going up with the box packages but we were sold and sales went down immediately

Aug 22, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. Wish you all the best in future endeavors.

6. "It really isn’t worth it"

I have been working at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Yes you do get to work with wonderful & cute babies but that’s the only pro about the job

Cons

The pay isn’t enough
    The nurses/ doctors will let you know you’re place but others are nice
    Management isn’t doing their job at all it’s like you run the place basically
    The hiring process is SO LONG there’s so many things you need to do before you even start training! And for the money? ITS NOT WORTH IT
    Plus you need to work a full 6 months before the benefits can kick in... SIX MONTHS

Advice to Management

Get it together. If we need more bilingual photographers, hire BILINGUAL photographers. Listen to the employees as well

Aug 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are actively working on reducing the amount of time from hire date to bedside training. We had a planning meeting yesterday, and have another one on Friday to... More

7. "Baby Photographer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Homestead, FL

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and company taught you the basics of photography.

Cons

Your pay is based off commission and if your in a low income hospital its hard to get clients to purchase photos.

Aug 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback!

"Field Team"

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I wish I could think of one

Cons

Where to start? 4 CEO’s in 48 months. Constant realignment. Overworked and under paid. New Owner/CEO has no clue how to run this business and has terminated anyone that did. Photographers work too hard for little pay off and are not valued by the company or the hospital staff. Home office left with a skeleton crew which leaves the field management with no support. New managers brought in making substantially more than DM’s that had worked 24/7 for years and these new people are coming from mall studio management and are trying to treat it like retail which doesn’t work in a hospital setting but they refuse to listen to the employees that are the boots on the ground. The company is not being honest with their hospital clients about the state of the business . Just a sad, sad disaster.

Advice to Management

Get real. If you don’t fix the root of the problem and treat people fairly, you have zero chance for survival.

"Double the Work - Same Pay"

I worked at Mom365 full-time

Pros

not sure anymore. Everyone who put drive, determination, sweat, long hours, those who truly loved the company was fired.

Cons

Doubled the work - Same pay. Unbelievable Turnover that is uncontrollable by the DM. Part time employees who will decide to stop showing up to positions that they are the only one scheduled. These are not "stores" where we have full time employees and many of them who rarely quit. There is one person assigned usually to one hospital, and if that person stops showing up you get uncovered hospitals, missed moms and there's very little you can do about it because to hire someone new takes 6 weeks at least! From a photographers standpoint its a GREAT position and you can make full time money being on part time hours if you have the "IT FACTOR".. but 90% hired do not.

Advice to Management

Listen to managers and photographers that have been here long term. Anyone new coming in has no idea what they are getting themselves into.

"Newborn Photographer"

I worked at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Babies!!! I loved working with the babies and the families. It's a great job, if you like working at your own pace and independently this is a great fit!

Cons

Managagement. This company has some of the worst management/corporate team I have ever experienced. I was hired and my district manager was great. However, she left us and we got a new DM. It took her 3 months to be "trained" so we were without a dm for the whole time.Every time we had a question for our DM the team would get "oh she's still in training, you cant go to her yet." Our team was understaffed the whole time we were without anyone to report to. After I quit they are still understaffed and will probably lose the contract with one of the hospitals mom365 is at.

Advice to Management

Make sure all teams are adequately staffed, have a plan on how to deal with employees leaving unexpectedly, make sure managers and all team members are properly trained before adding them to the team officially.

Aug 2, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your frustrations. We are working to improve coverage during transitional times, as well as enhancing our training program and appreciate your... More