Mom365 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

2.6
John Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Working with babies very fun job with great hours" (in 19 reviews)

• "Also only working part time hours for almost full time pay so I am able to be there for my children is a great bonus" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Mainly commissioned based, if you don't sell, you're making minimum wage" (in 27 reviews)

• "If you are out in the field as a District Manager expect no support from your RD or home office partners" (in 22 reviews)

1. "I love my job!"

Current Employee - Field Trainer/Photographer in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Field Trainer/Photographer in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great salary structure, detailed training

Cons

I have NO "cons" or complaints!

Advice to Management

Continue to hire quality employees!

2. "Sales over Quality of work"

Former Employee - Field Trainer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Field Trainer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love newborns, and are super flexible with your work hours, this job is great. They teach top-down sales techniques, and pay is commission-driven.

Cons

Company pushes hard for selling the largest package, but doesn't teach more than very basic photography techniques. Commissions vary, depending on numbers of babies, hours worked, and sales made. This job is good for filler income. Expect to be called in to cover other hospitals, as well.

Advice to Management

1 - Teach better photography (that makes selling even easier!!)
    2 - Higher base pay for lower-birth-rate areas
    3 - Improve communication between DM & Field Trainers to be less hectic.

"New Ownership = Rough Changes"

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers were some of the best I've ever worked with. Loved the daily interactions with fellow staff.

Cons

New ownership came in with no regard for current employees and began elimination of departments and staff without reviewing any performance or skills. This lead to a quick downturn in productivity and company success as several key assets were let go simply due to tenure or $$$ reasons.

Advice to Management

Review employees before eliminating them for simply downsizing reasons.

"An emotional rollercoaster as a Newborn Hospital Photographer. Taking gorgeous photos that new parents can’t afford."

Pros

Creative, fun, family photography, feeling like you’re your own boss most of the time.
    Some families that are “over-the-moon” excited do make this job worthwhile because you feel like you made a difference and gave them a great experience, but it does seem too far in between.

Cons

Money, VERY inconsistent number of hours (because you photograph till all rooms are done and birth numbers can vary) and paychecks looked like a rollercoaster just never knowing how much you bring in till payday, “Last man on the totem pole” when it comes to doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, insurance, birth certificate, etc. The hospital is just not the place for a full-blown photo-shoot especially when the families are exhausted and moms are in pain. Lastly, if you get sick/vacation, it may be hard to find coverage for your shift.

Advice to Management

Simplify. Go back to the original days when every baby DID get photographed (1 or 2 poses) and the most expensive package was $50

5. "Okay depending on location"

I worked at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Get to work with newborns

Cons

Commission based, back-up pay is not awarded well

6. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Newborns was fun

Cons

PLENTY
    1. Pay varies. You barely get Any money
    2. NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN YOU, YOUR DISTRICT MANAGER, OR OTHER EMPLOYEES
    3. Often, when you go to the hospital, you won't know how many babies you'll have until you get there
    4. Manager has favorites. If you aren't them, don't expect any help at all
    5. They expect you too do things out of your control and you get in trouble for it
    6. A manager can make or break how you feel about the job and company-in my situation, the manager broke it
    7. They ONLY care about sales and how much you sell. It isn't about mom, baby, or how they feel. It is ONLY about how much you sell. The more you sell, the more you become a favorite. Often times, mom doesn't have the money to buy anything and we are still forced and pressured to sell as much as we can o them and get in trouble if they decline.
    8. The Pay is NOT worth the drive. You are supposed to get paid mileage if you work at a hospital outside of the city you are in. I wasn't told about that until 3 months after I had started because one girl quit because of it. Your mileage isn't paid on tie at all.
    9. You are alone. You work alone and get things done alone.
    10. HIGH TURNOVER. Literally everyone I came into contact with at the job quit within a few days of being there.
    IT IS NOT WORTH IT! DO NOT WORK HERE. WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD. GET/BE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Maybe so many wouldn't quit if you actually care. Submit the mileage On Time and do your job.

"Don’t do it"

Former Employee - District Manager in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Babies and working with wonderful photographers

Cons

Everything else! No work life balance. Not enough tools to do everything required. You are responsible for everyone and everything

"New Ownership needs to recognize good talent within current teams"

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best co-workers I've ever worked for at one point in time. Had a great culture up until new ownership. Co-workers are always willing to help out across department when the need arose. Some of the best support staff for the field teams of any company I worked for, especially in their training and payroll departments. Had one of the best trainers in my area before her position being eliminated by new ownership. There is a fairly good Work/Life balance understanding with managers and their teams. But, this may change with the new owners into the new year.

Cons

New ownership and management came in with a scorched earth mentality and eliminated several departments, senior management, and staff. They then replaced them with their own people if the position was still needed. Created a ton of stress and unknowns among those at the corp office still left as well as management in the field. They gave no notices to when a department would be downsized or eliminated. Some of us managers were let go for simply being tenured or providing our thoughts on the business moving forward (as was standard expectation prior to new ownership).

Not a ton of room for advancement or raises. Company growth is stagnant, but this is due to the nature of the business and technology always advancing in the photography field. Benefits leave much to be desired, but offer basic medical, dental, and vision. Vacation is good if you are full time. 401k plan is not the best since no employer contributions.

Advice to Management

New Owners needs to listen and get to know your employees, especially those in the corp office. Recognize talent within the current teams before simply removing them from the company when downsizing or merging roles. They could be a key asset for you. The company has (and likely continue) lose amazing employees that were loyal to the brand and company. To those you are terminating or dismissing, please give notice. A simple your department/position is being eliminated 2 week notice goes a long way with employees and generates good will with those having to leave.

9. "Newborn Photographer"

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Photographing babies, you are the first person responsible for baby's newborn photos, interactions with excited families

Cons

Not everyone buys even when the photos are beautiful, some parents tell you to come back & then change their mind

"Decent"

Former Employee - Photographer
    Former Employee - Photographer

I worked at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay + Bonuses
    Send reminders for meetings

Cons

Not enough hours .
    Lack in communication