Mom365 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Richard D. Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with babies very fun job with great hours (in 18 reviews)

• This is a commission based job and I feel as though I've been able to make a part time job a full time paycheck (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They were offering a "minimum wage" of (in 21 reviews)

• Oh to top it off district manager gets upset when you leave for a better opportunity although you kindly give your two weeks notice (in 17 reviews)

1. "Lead/trainer"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy hours for moms, fast advancement in the company, great bosses an pay

Cons

I have no cons really is a great job

Advice to Management

Keep doin what your doing

2. "Perfect Fit For Me"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Manhasset, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Manhasset, NY

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great hours
    -Wonderful staff
    -Well paid
    -Wonderful and understanding management
    -Opportunities to make more money

Cons

I have nothing to complain about. It is a fantastic company to work for. They pay me on time and I never have an issue with them. It is fun and I love my job!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are wonderful to work for. I have an awesome district manager. And everyone that works for Mom365 is pleasant and fun to get along with. I wish we had a company picnic to get to know everyone there!

3. "Photographer"

Current Employee - Photographer in Jenkintown, PA
    Current Employee - Photographer in Jenkintown, PA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The photographer becomes part of the documentation of Mom and Dad's newborn photographs, of which they will have forever; and the beauty of this is they get to be a part of the photo shoot, to share in the joy of this experience, right in their hospital room.

Cons

The only downside that I see to working at Mom 365 is if you are not committed to giving 100% to the job. If you commit to all the tools given, during the training process and look at this job as an honor and a joy to be part of a family's history, there will be no downside,

Advice to Management

Hopefully when interviewing for this position, you can feel the desire in an applicant to strive to be the best he or she can be, both from a photography standpoint and a good solid respectful human being

4. "Loved the job meant for a go getter!"

Former Employee - Photographer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, your basically your own boss and part time is TRUELY part time. You leave the job by 2 or if you please you can stay longer.

Cons

Photography training should be more in depth
    If your not a photographer by nature it can be hard and if your not a sales person by nature it can be hard too. It's really a job for someone that can figure things on their own which is good.

Advice to Management

No advice to manager she's wonderful and helpful as can be but hope new updated photo gifts will be available they styles haven't changed since the 90's

"READ THE REVIEWS ON THEIR FB PAGE!!"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has ruined their reputation so badly that there are no pros

Cons

The company has turned a beautiful thing into a nightmare for employees and new moms! My hospital was so understaffed that I was working 7 days a week but only 2 hours a day because the birth rate was so low! My take home pay for 2 weeks of work was 187.00 That's SEVEN DAYS A WEEK for 14 DAYS! It didn't matter that I showed up on time, every time! It didn't matter that my photo's were beautiful and I exceeded photo goals. It also didn't matter that I listened to the nurses complain daily about Mom365! When I discussed this with my manager she told me to BUY THEM COOKIES! So now I'm supposed to bribe nursing staff with cookies from money I don't have? The kicker to all of this is these fools are breaking federal law daily and were sued in Florida over this! They want you to drive to the grocery store to buy money orders when you receive cash payments and then go to the post office off the clock and not even pay me for mileage

Advice to Management

File Bankruptcy and change your name, you might survive for another 2-3 years with the contracts you have but the hospitals and photography community have caught on to your scheme. Your Facebook page is filled with negative feedback from parents because of your poor quality products. You've taken a beautiful moment and turned it into a nightmare for parents

"Depends on the hospital, but not worth it really"

Former Employee - Sales/Photographer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales/Photographer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Babies babies babies. Nice hospital staff once they get used to another new face since there seems to be high turnover.

Cons

Hard to make much above minimum wage due to the hours, number of births and the need to sell hard to a new mom. Also, corportate is unorganized and sort of leaves you to fend for yourself.

Advice to Management

Rein in your DMs and support photogs instead seeing them as a burden. Tech support was unfriendly and un supportive when it came to equipment failure resulting in lost wages and lost sales. And be forthcoming with expected salary. I was sold a bill of goods on what my average hourly would be.

"Making memories that last a lifetime!"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been a photographer with Mom365 for over 8 years now and have always loved the rewarding feeling I get in each room when I see the looks on parents and family members' faces while viewing their beautiful baby's photographs. As a Mom365 photographer you get to be a part of this very joyous time and provide parents with beautiful memories that they will cherish forever. It's more than just taking pictures and making a sale, it's becoming part of this important time in their lives and providing them with irreplaceable moments.

The earning potential for this job is excellent and really put into your own hands, if you are motivated and willing to work hard and do your best, you will succeed and make good money even on a part time basis. As a Mom365 photographer you are self managed which doesn't mean there isn't any support out there for you if you need help. You are part of a large team of photographers from nearby hospitals that are always willing to help out if you have questions or need extra assistance, as well as a district manager who oversees these hospitals and continually checks on your progress to make sure that you are succeeding to your fullest potential.

Not only do you get to become a part of every new baby's life for a short time, you become part of the hospital staff that will greet you every morning with a smile and often times a list of rooms waiting anxiously for you to photograph their baby. They see the beautiful work being done and encourage parents to get their baby's photographs taken before you even visit them for the first time.

Cons

While the hours can be flexible, there is no set ending time to your day which can cause some photographers inconvenience if they need to be somewhere and aren't done with all of their babies for that day. There are slow days and busy days so you never know when you will be done on any given day.

Most people might think that the best part of this job is "playing" with the babies, but this is actually the hardest part. Patience is key and a top priority for this job as babies are often times uncooperative and become fussy during the photography process. But with patience and persistence success can be achieved. I like to say that this is the hardest job I've ever loved!

8. "Outbound sales rep"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Mom365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The baby pictures are adorable in most cases.

Cons

Outbound calls go2 moms who took pix. Some want2 order but a lot choose 2 hava family friend or relative take the same pix cheaper. It's hard to also suggest the partner offers, sell& meet the expected sales quotas.

Advice to Management

Give the reps the ability to give greater discounts or a free product to entice more families to buy

9. "Very rewarding"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer and Field Trainer in Portsmouth, OH
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer and Field Trainer in Portsmouth, OH

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Photographing babies is great!

- There's no limit to how much money you can make, it's totally up to you. Your paycheck is 100% commission or an hourly fallback rate, whichever is higher. I never had to get the fallback rate because my commission was always higher, even when I was just starting out. From time to time there are contests and bonus programs that can make you earn even more.

- It never gets boring because each room is different and there's always the potential for a big sale. You might go in a room where the parents don't want to buy anything and on the next room you sell a big collection and make over $100 in commission.

- There's ongoing help for you to improve your performance. You get training, mentoring and workshops. I never saw myself as a seller, I only ever thought of myself as a photographer. But once I was trained, I was able to start selling immediately. You are given all the necessary tools to do well.

- You're not micromanaged. My boss is really great, she encourages us and she is always willing to listen to us and solve any issues in the best way possible.

The work you do is nice and if you dedicate yourself, believe in what you're doing and follow the steps they give you, you can make really good money for a part time job.

Cons

- If your hospital has a low birth rate, you might not get many babies to shoot

Advice to Management

It could be nice if there was some sort of program through which we could share and get rewarded for good ideas. I'd love to hear about the strategies used by the best photographers.

"So Rewarding!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Akron, OH

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with precious newborns and do their very first pictures. The company provides you with all the equipment so you have no overhead costs. The poses are very easy and they really help with sales. My manager is always sending or saying encouraging messages to me or the whole team. About every other month she has contests and we can win gift cards! When the births are up and you have new families you can make really good pay, at least I make more than I did making more than I did working full time at an office job.

Cons

If births are down or right after Christmas sometimes sales are low. You have to be prepared that low births and certain post holidays sales will be lower.

Advice to Management

Maybe raise commission for photographers who pass a certain amount in sales so they know the higher the sales the more potential for future pay. More incentives or contests to keep us motived...