Mom365 Reviews | Glassdoor

Mom365 Reviews

Updated October 13, 2017

Richard D. Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with babies very fun job with great hours (in 18 reviews)

• This is a commission based job and I feel as though I've been able to make a part time job a full time paycheck (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They were offering a "minimum wage" of (in 21 reviews)

• I was constantly getting hounded my district manager that I couldn't leave until all babies have been photographed (in 18 reviews)

1. "Newborn photographer"

I worked at Mom365 part-time

Pros

Time spent photographing infants

Cons

Not a reliable source of steady income at smaller hospital. Most people take their own photos anymore.

"District Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Photographing beautiful newborn babies and hiring and training photographers as well as running background checks and obtaining healthscreens to enable them to work in hospitals. Working with Hospital Directors to contract services for their hospitals.

Cons

Keeping coverage in 20 plus hospitals 365 days a year......if photographer is not available for some reason, DM must cover the hospital.

Advice to Management

Better pay plan for the photographers to help improve retention.

"The Awesome & the Not Awesome"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Mom365 part-time

Pros

The awesome!: The job itself is awesome for a mom that just needs some extra income & lives close to or in the city of your hospital because the job itself is great! Taking pictures of newborns is too much fun even when you can't get the babies to work with you. The hours are VERY flexible! They suggest a certain time frame but nobody usually follows that & all is fine. All the company cares about is you getting your babies pictures done & making sales.

Cons

The NOT awesome: #1 the pay is lacking severely! You get a low commission rate of 25% or a fallback rate that is so close to min wage it's not even funny. And if sales isn't exactly in your background or your strong side your not going to make much. #2 the management stinks! This whole company is set up to where management makes the big bucks not you, the little guy who does all the work. #3 you have to call field support for anything that breaks-camera, computer, printer etc. and it does & will frequently. Good news is mom365 supplies and pays for everything! Even if you break it. #4 calling field support takes time(lots of time!)but good news is you get your lovely low pay for standing there on the phone for sometimes an hour or so trying to explain things to someone who chances are thinks your an idiot. Some not all field support reps treat you like this. #5 lastly, pray you get a good field trainer to train you cause if not you've got 5 days to learn EVERYTHING & after that your on your own! My district managers answer to most things I've text her & ask has been I don't know, call field support. Yeah...thanks for pretty much nothing.

Advice to Management

Step up your game! You say you care about your photographers well pay them like you do! And before you hire district managers to be over all these girls photographing these babies make sure they start out at the bottom of the pile for at least a few months so that way they can actually know enough to help the girls their over!

"crap job not worth the time"

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Mom365 full-time

Pros

working with the hospital staff was awesome. I learned quite a bit from them regarding hospital etiquette, caring and calming newborns etc.
    loved working with babies and parents
    loved taking pictures

Cons

all the pictures look the same, no creativity at all. standard poses you could get at any portrait studio.
    heavy on sales and numbers. If a parent said no you kept on them till they changed their mind. over priced packages
    some days would be there for an hour, sometimes till 7:00pm
    money really NOT worth the work you do.

Advice to Management

give more freedom to the photographers
    pay them what they are worth.
    and STOP trying to take advantage of tired parents!!!!

5. "Good for part time or hobby"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, being able to see babies every day, pretty easy work, moderate earning potential, many incentives

Cons

Sometimes you only go in for an hour because there are no babies, you have to work every day even holidays, some hospitals treat photographers like dirt, many mom's complain about price and babies can be cranky so you definitely need patience. You have to try selling 500 dollar packages to a down economy to have a chance of making money or its barely over minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Management for me was fine it was the rude hospital employees that made you feel like a 2nd class citizen.

6. "Newborn Photographer"

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a love of photography, love newborns, are comfortable working on your own and in a hospital environment it doesn't feel like a "job"

Cons

High turnover

Unpredictable workflow and hours so flexibility is a must. Some days I had only three moms to offer photography services to, two of which declined having their baby's photos taken so I'd only end up being there an hour and made no money from hourly wage or sales opportunities. Other days had roll overs from whoever was working the day before so I'd have 10 moms to visit and offer photography services to and would be there for hours and hours because all of them wanted their baby's photographs

Advice to Management

It's been many years since I've worked there so maybe this has since improved but developing a standard form of clear communication between employees would eliminate the confusion that could occur when trying to advise whoever was working the next day if there was anything that needed to be done

7. "Photographer"

Pros

Easy job. Love the babies

Cons

Commision or min. Wage. Extra $$$ for somebody that is retired or has another income.

Advice to Management

Respond to e mails timely manner

8. "Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Florissant, MO

I worked at Mom365 (Less than a year)

Pros

small company- close knit group

Cons

out-dated support techniques and hardware

Advice to Management

Spend money to enhance processes

9. "Enjoyed the job but didn't make much money"

Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mom365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative fun job and very satisfying making beautiful memories for families that they will always have. You get to hold babies!

Cons

Sometimes babies will cry no matter what you try and that doesn't make for good pictures. Never knowing how much money you will make.

10. "Newborn photography"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Burlington, NC
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Burlington, NC

I worked at Mom365 (More than a year)

Pros

Fun job, play with babies, take cure pics, see family reaction to first pics and help connect with newborn. Flexible hours. If you are good at sales and have enough clientele you can earn decent money.

Cons

Mostly commission based so salary is inconsistent. If you work at a small hospital the earning potential is a lot less. I would not recommend this as a person's only income.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability and structure. Many photographers show up when they want wearing whatever they want.