Mom365 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 19, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mom365 CEO Gerry Murphy
Gerry Murphy

Pros
  • loved working with babies and parents (in 15 reviews)

• Working with newborn babies and the reactions of the families when they see the photography (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • They were offering a "minimum wage" of (in 21 reviews)

• I was constantly getting hounded my district manager that I couldn't leave until all babies have been photographed (in 17 reviews)

"crap job not worth the time"

Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer/Sales in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Mom365 full-time

Pros

working with the hospital staff was awesome. I learned quite a bit from them regarding hospital etiquette, caring and calming newborns etc.
    loved working with babies and parents
    loved taking pictures

Cons

all the pictures look the same, no creativity at all. standard poses you could get at any portrait studio.
    heavy on sales and numbers. If a parent said no you kept on them till they changed their mind. over priced packages
    some days would be there for an hour, sometimes till 7:00pm
    money really NOT worth the work you do.

Advice to Management

give more freedom to the photographers
    pay them what they are worth.
    and STOP trying to take advantage of tired parents!!!!

2. "Good for part time or hobby"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, being able to see babies every day, pretty easy work, moderate earning potential, many incentives

Cons

Sometimes you only go in for an hour because there are no babies, you have to work every day even holidays, some hospitals treat photographers like dirt, many mom's complain about price and babies can be cranky so you definitely need patience. You have to try selling 500 dollar packages to a down economy to have a chance of making money or its barely over minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Management for me was fine it was the rude hospital employees that made you feel like a 2nd class citizen.

3. "Newborn Photographer"

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have a love of photography, love newborns, are comfortable working on your own and in a hospital environment it doesn't feel like a "job"

Cons

High turnover

Unpredictable workflow and hours so flexibility is a must. Some days I had only three moms to offer photography services to, two of which declined having their baby's photos taken so I'd only end up being there an hour and made no money from hourly wage or sales opportunities. Other days had roll overs from whoever was working the day before so I'd have 10 moms to visit and offer photography services to and would be there for hours and hours because all of them wanted their baby's photographs

Advice to Management

It's been many years since I've worked there so maybe this has since improved but developing a standard form of clear communication between employees would eliminate the confusion that could occur when trying to advise whoever was working the next day if there was anything that needed to be done

5. "Photographer"

Pros

Easy job. Love the babies

Cons

Commision or min. Wage. Extra $$$ for somebody that is retired or has another income.

Advice to Management

Respond to e mails timely manner

6. "Experience"

Former Employee - Manager in Florissant, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Florissant, MO

I worked at Mom365 (Less than a year)

Pros

small company- close knit group

Cons

out-dated support techniques and hardware

Advice to Management

Spend money to enhance processes

7. "Enjoyed the job but didn't make much money"

Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Newborn Baby Photographer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mom365 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative fun job and very satisfying making beautiful memories for families that they will always have. You get to hold babies!

Cons

Sometimes babies will cry no matter what you try and that doesn't make for good pictures. Never knowing how much money you will make.

8. "Newborn photography"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Burlington, NC
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Burlington, NC

I worked at Mom365 (More than a year)

Pros

Fun job, play with babies, take cure pics, see family reaction to first pics and help connect with newborn. Flexible hours. If you are good at sales and have enough clientele you can earn decent money.

Cons

Mostly commission based so salary is inconsistent. If you work at a small hospital the earning potential is a lot less. I would not recommend this as a person's only income.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more accountability and structure. Many photographers show up when they want wearing whatever they want.

9. "Love"

Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Newborn Photographer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mom365 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love photography and baby's I love working with others moms since I am a mother my self it's the best thing ever

Cons

The amount of declines some times you have to wait around until u have an apt with a mom or during quite hrs

Advice to Management

Idk

"be prepared"

I worked at Mom365 part-time

Pros

This was a great job. Lots of money to be made. Babies to hold and photograph, making parents cry with happiness at the images you captured. You are witness to a miracle. You see intimate first family moments.

Cons

They try and take you over. They want you to come in to work, even if you are sick. Sick photographers should not be around newborns. They put so much weight on one photographer, that when they are exhausted and need a break, relief, time to not be hustling ALL the time, there's no one else there to cover for them. Photographers get burned out so quickly, and so are expendable. They allow this to happen, and then are surprised at the high turnover and why they struggle to staff hospitals. They also purposely pretty on the emotional instability of one who has just given birth. They want their photographers to feed on the emotions and manipulate the parents. It is both clever and cruel. They dangle dollar signs in front of you, but if you can't achieve, if you can't keep up the back breaking pace, they pass over you for someone who performs better. If you work here, plan on never being sick. If you get sick, plan on still working. If you work, plan on it being ALL THE TIME.

Advice to Management

You really need to take care of your people. You need better training, by higher qualified photographers, and you need to be better staffed. Higher incentives, HIGHER PAY for your photographers. And you also need to have room for your employees to NOT have to be at the beck and call of the company.

"my experience"

Current Employee - Color Corrector in Worden, IL
    Current Employee - Color Corrector in Worden, IL

I have been working at Mom365 (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice people and kind working environment

Cons

dead end no chance of moving in the company no raises and or promotions possible if moving up in a position you need to resupply for the new job

Advice to Management

run the business better