Mom365 Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

1 review

Washington, DC

4.0
Richard D. Price

Pros
  • loved working with babies and parents (in 17 reviews)

• Working with newborn babies and the reactions of the families when they see the photography (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • They were offering a "minimum wage" of (in 21 reviews)

• I was constantly getting hounded my district manager that I couldn't leave until all babies have been photographed (in 17 reviews)

1. "Excellent experience if you're in a good district"

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at Mom365 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-If you know how to sell and take GOOD photos and aren't in a super poor area, you can make a huge amount of money. I typically made $20 an hour or more.
    -Working with babies and new moms is incredibly rewarding and lots of fun!
    -You work until the work is done, some days you can make $100 in three hours if you know how to work fast
    -Management was extremely kind and supportive even if you had bad sales days as long as you made it clear you were doing your best, but this can vary depending on your area

Cons

-Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies. When I moved from D.C. to Nashville sales dropped dramatically because I ended up in such a poor area with a lower birth rate
    -They hire a lot of people with NO photography experience whatsoever, that can't even hold an SLR camera. This is why so many people are dissatisfied with this job, if you can't take good pictures then you aren't going to sell.
    -sometimes relationships with nurses at the hospital can be hostile
    -Not a job for you if you have a mortgage to pay, but amazing as a side job to earn extra money!

Advice to Management

-Base commission structure off of a hospitals birth rate, so those working in slow hospitals still have potential to earn a good amount of money.
    -If you're hiring someone with no photography experience, put them on a brief probationary period to make sure they can actually take a decent photo.

Showing 1 of 299 review