Momentum Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Rhyse Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gold River, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gold River, CA

I worked at Momentum Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the most positive work environments I have ever been in! Curtis and Rhyse are great people, super professional and great to work for!

Cons

Not the easiest job in the world but totally worth the effort!

2. "GlassDoor"

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time

Pros

Great opportunity! Clean and nice environment!

Cons

There are no Cons at this moment.

Advice to Management

NA

"Rhyse - More Than an Boss"

Current Employee - Associate in Gold River, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Gold River, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rhyse creates an environment that make us fulfilled in our personal lives. He teaches everyone of us what is "YOUR WHY". He offers us help with our personal fulfillment by providing accountability to our PERSONAL GOALS. It's something that makes us feel truly valued in our positions. All of us come to work focused and energized because of this.

Cons

No Cons.

He's constantly having conversations with us about our successes and the opportunities for growth. By always reminding us of our unique value to the company.

Advice to Management

Those hour-long conversation, act as team rejuvenation. A reminder about why our work is important to us and to you. So keep those up.

Jun 14, 2017 – president

We appreciate your feedback about the company and how you feel about our team. As part of the Management Team , I appreciate that you took notice that we make an effort to take the time to get to... More

4. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gold River, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Gold River, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising part-time

Pros

They have a sales team that mentors and encourages!

Cons

only received part time for first months

Advice to Management

search long term goals- especially for various avenues toward future technological advances in the near future.

Jun 14, 2017 – president

We appreciate all feedback and we are always looking for how we can improve as a company to make this a great environment for people to operate at their best. We are sorry to hear that you would have... More

"Operations manager"

Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Field Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Momentum Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The time spent here at Momentum Advertising has made a huge impact in my life, to say the least. I would not be were I am today without the help and the mentoring of Rhyse Davis. Through all my struggles and life lessons, Rhyse has always been there by my side helping me through my personal development and career. You could say that he is a life coach but he is so much more than that. I would not be the person that I am today without the help and guidance that he continues to provide to me, to this day. Knowing that he is just a phone call away, not only shows his support but his willingness to go above and beyond for the people.

Just a little insight to my story I didn't start working with Rhyse Davis directly, at first. It wasn't until I opened up my first business and had to close it due to financial struggles. Around the time of the recession is when I stumbled upon Momentum Advertising. Not only did rhyse help me and mentor me out of my huge debt, he also showed me how to grow as a person.

I use to think the boss is the boss and you clock in and out and that is your day. It was refreshing to find a place that actually wanted to get to know you and where they asked how things were with you because they truly cared about you as a person. I found that here at Momentum. I found that they wanted you to achieve in your life because they wanted you to sincerely do well. My focus is to continue to recreate the culture with my team today.

I owe everything that I've learned to him. He continually pushed me to be the person that i wanted to be. He bought me book after book and took time, 1 on 1, to help me. He taught me that everything in life happens for us and there's something to learn from it to help me grow. He, also, showed me that he will always be there to help and support me.

Without Momentum I don't think that I would be where I am today. So I want to say a BIG thank you to Momentum and to Rhyse Davis.

Cons

Keep doing what your doing. I've seen huge advancement and growth here. Yes you will work long hours and sacrifice but totally worth it!!

Advice to Management

Keep passing the opportunity:)

Jun 5, 2017 – president

WOW! We really appreciate this heart warming review. We take team culture and the relationships with every member of the team very seriously. It is awesome to hear that working with us made such a... More

"Sales rep"

I worked at Momentum Advertising part-time

Pros

Hours and days were decent. Pay decent

Cons

Awful management and downright the worst place

Advice to Management

Get your act together

Mar 17, 2017 – president

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Momentum. We take feedback very seriously and we see this as an opportunity to grow and continue to get better. We definitely believe in an... More

"Field Manager"

Current Employee - President of Lucid Innovation Marketing, Inc in Gold River, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started about a year ago with Momentum during a break from school to get some entry-level training at sales. Since then, I've made it all the way through the management training program and I am now expanding to New Jersey to run my own market. I have never worked in environment where everyone shows comradery and genuinely loves to help each other. I came in with expectations of making this a short term job, now I realize that this is my calling and I can actually help other people maximize their potential. It's amazing. We go through life and make plans but sometimes there is a higher purpose that calls us. This has been the most rewarding position I've ever been in, as well as one of the most difficult because I continuously must to do a lot of self development. This is no Ponzi scheme. I am not a paid actor. If you want to join a team that will change your life for the better, this is the place for you.

Cons

Comfort zones are soft and cozy, but nothing grows there. You will learn about mental programming and have to face the fact that maybe you are not as positive a person as you thought you were. You will have to admit your faults in order to grow. You will have to develop yourself far beyond the outer layer. You will be pushed to achieve self-fullfillment and confidence. Fear inhibits the masses from reaching their goals, you will have to embrace change and demolish self doubt.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and develop people even when they challenge you(like I did).

Jun 5, 2017 – president

Thank you so much for your feedback. We definitely are proud to see somebody like yourself grow so much within our organization. Especially an individual that makes a big commitment to leave their... More

8. "Learn to love the grind"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Momentum Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be pushed to develop yourself. Your paycheck and your rate of advancement are dependent entirely on your performance. It so happens that your performance also impacts the paycheck and advancement of everyone above you. This means that everyone CARES about seeing you do better, and they will match your effort. Everyone is so focused on being positive and having fun (because the belief there is that these two things are beyond essential to effectiveness in sales) that it's pretty much impossible to not start an uptick in your emotional baseline.

Sales is hard--and this is a great place to learn it.

Cons

Scheduling is wild. You HAVE to be flexible or risk losing hours.

Momentum is part of a nationwide organization called Smart Circle. A few years ago, Smart Circle was considered disreputable. It IS a multi-level marketing organization, after all. That said, SC has improved its game a lot in recent years and is not nearly so shady as some old reviews floating around the net might indicate. It's still MLM, though, and if you are not comfortable with the peculiarities of that kind of business, then this business is not for you. (Your interviewer will happily explain exactly what the model looks like and why it's not a scam--it's not, do your research)

Not everyone can hack it. Expectations are high, and so is turnover. While I was there I saw a lot of people get hired and fail to meet their week 1 qualifications, and a lot of people quit even after meeting their qualifications. Sales is hard, people.

Advice to Management

For god's sake get your schedule under control.

"Been working here for a while, will Never go on anther Job interview Again"

I have been working at Momentum Advertising full-time

Pros

I like the upward mobility and the fact that everything is merit based. I see some of the negative reviews and can tell they those people just wanted to get paid to do nothing. Working with Momentum gives you purpose. It is the only place that I have ever worked with that has asked me about my goals. More importantly they give great advise on how to achieve those goals. Like I said in the title I will never go on another Job interview again.

Cons

Simple work, but not easy. There are times that I want to quit, but then I think of the bigger picture and realize there is nothing else that I would rather be doing, or anything else that will help me achieve my goals

Advice to Management

Thank you!!

Jun 5, 2017 – president

Definitely appreciate your feedback and glad you have a great experience working with us. The Mission of our company and our team is to give every employee an opportunity to work towards their own... More

"Business review"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Momentum Advertising (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greatest environment in a work place! I've learned more from this company, then any other company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Must be able to work with other people and be a student of the game.

Jun 14, 2017 – president

We appreciate the feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoy the environment we have created here. We have learned a lot from our clients and believe that "Culture isn't the most important... More