Momentum (Pennsylvania) Reviews | Glassdoor

Lori Daniels

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that cares about its employees.

Cons

Management needs more time to manage.

"Not what I had expected"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok I suppose.

Cons

Bizarre company culture. So focused on winning Best Places to Work acclaim that they actually forget to put money into building the company. Ownership is MIA 99% of the time and management is petty and condescending. They have been around since 1998 and are a sub $15mm per year business. No growth and that is due to leadership or lack of it. No clear vision for the company exists or none that anyone would let the employees in on. When management was given information to actually make informed decisions that didn't align with their expectations it was ignored, pushed under the rug and stomped on like an elephant trying to escape a mouse.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on being one of the best places to work and actually value all of your employees. You are really good at painting a great picture of how wonderful the company is during an interview. In practice though the company is very odd. As for the ownership, replace your day to day management staff. I believe they really would eat their young.

"Momentum is an average company that is not sure what they want to be, they are focused on high margins."

Pros

Co-workers are generally pleasant, health insurance and benefits are average to good.

Cons

Owners are non-existent and there is no company vision.

Advice to Management

Owners should be more involved in day to day operation.

"Unethical owners. Strange central PA attitudes."

Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for the client/customers is a rewarding experience. The company has good references with clients.

Cons

The owner called a customer and told her that I did something illegal (which I did not do), making this not only a weird and unethical act but also illegal. I laughed it off and left. It's not worth being connected to a strange culture like this one. In all my years in the workforce I never had an employer call a customer and tell them that I did something 'illegal'! Not sure what exactly this moron thought she was doing... all reputable employers do background checks. If I did something illegal it would show up on a background check. This lady was upset because I gave her feedback on her company that she didn't want to hear. Talk about leadership, or lack of it.

Advice to Management

Your silly little culture would never fly outside of hillbilly central PA. Enjoy your money that you make off of people. I used to respect you but not after your behavior.