Momentum (Pennsylvania) Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Management Consultant"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive and creative management that seeks to maintain its employees

Cons

Hold onto some consultants too long that discourage others causing them to leave.

Advice to Management

Get younger at all levels

2. "Best of Intentions"

I worked at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collleagues are good to work with, company provides generous compensation and benefits, there is an attempt to provide a famimly like feel to the firm.

Cons

As an employment agency, there is little influence over the project and working conditions. Consultants are ultimately at the whim of the client, which works sometimes. You must bring all your SDLC skills, none will be developed here.

Advice to Management

Get to know better what your clients do, there's no excuse for not knowing. Provide opportunties for career and skill growth.

"Nepotism. Office had many good looking individuals but it was obvious skillsets were lacking."

Pros

Hiring process was a cattle call. Nothing positive about my short experience at this place. Very disappointing for a company claiming to support renewable energy firms

Cons

Only the least marketable were chosen. I was well prepared, professionally dressed and much more qualified than needed and still was not better than someone with no experience

Advice to Management

Pick some of the best candidates. Not the most desperate

"Not what I had expected"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok I suppose.

Cons

Bizarre company culture. So focused on winning Best Places to Work acclaim that they actually forget to put money into building the company. Ownership is MIA 99% of the time and management is petty and condescending. They have been around since 1998 and are a sub $15mm per year business. No growth and that is due to leadership or lack of it. No clear vision for the company exists or none that anyone would let the employees in on. When management was given information to actually make informed decisions that didn't align with their expectations it was ignored, pushed under the rug and stomped on like an elephant trying to escape a mouse.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on being one of the best places to work and actually value all of your employees. You are really good at painting a great picture of how wonderful the company is during an interview. In practice though the company is very odd. As for the ownership, replace your day to day management staff. I believe they really would eat their young.

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that cares about its employees.

Cons

Management needs more time to manage.

"Momentum is an average company that is not sure what they want to be, they are focused on high margins."

Pros

Co-workers are generally pleasant, health insurance and benefits are average to good.

Cons

Owners are non-existent and there is no company vision.

Advice to Management

Owners should be more involved in day to day operation.

"Unethical owners. Strange central PA attitudes."

Current Employee - Consultant in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Momentum (Pennsylvania) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for the client/customers is a rewarding experience. The company has good references with clients.

Cons

The owner called a customer and told her that I did something illegal (which I did not do), making this not only a weird and unethical act but also illegal. I laughed it off and left. It's not worth being connected to a strange culture like this one. In all my years in the workforce I never had an employer call a customer and tell them that I did something 'illegal'! Not sure what exactly this moron thought she was doing... all reputable employers do background checks. If I did something illegal it would show up on a background check. This lady was upset because I gave her feedback on her company that she didn't want to hear. Talk about leadership, or lack of it.

Advice to Management

Your silly little culture would never fly outside of hillbilly central PA. Enjoy your money that you make off of people. I used to respect you but not after your behavior.