Monarch Landing Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Patty Luessenhop
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Facility Staff Nurse"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Monarch Landing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful work environment. Very competitive salary and excellent benefits. Staff gets bonuses to pick up extra shifts! Great staff to resident ratio. Co-workers really function as a collective group/TEAM! A feeling that upper management cares, wants your input and values the skills/experience you bring to the table. I have an incredibly short commute so that's always a plus!!! Nursing staff and supervisors collaborate to continually strive to better level of care given and to meet the highest standards of health care service.

Cons

Agency staff are wonderful, but they don't always know what unit they are assigned to and sometimes that can delay their arrival to relieve you, and hence you may stay a bit longer for your shift. I wish our nurse "grey" scrub tops were a bit more colorful, but that way everyone knows what your role is there. :)

Advice to Management

Communicate always with your staff. We all want to feel like our thoughts, ideas, opionions, and concerns are being heard and matter. Each one of us brings special attributes and talents to the job and field of nursing, take full avantage of that!

2. "Haters gonna hate - many of us LOVE it here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Monarch Landing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Management - I don't have much to complain about. The staff resident ratio is about 1 to 5 which is much better than I have experienced in the past. Pay was slightly lower when I first started but we all got increased so that was good. The benefits are cheap and we have really good help from Human Resources if we have questions. The buildings are clean, my co-workers are generally nice, and the free food is a perk (not for everyone but the food is really good!) I don't know why anyone wouldn't like this place. I come in and do my job and have no problems.

Cons

My co-workers complain about their schedules but I know that the company does what is best for the residents. Several of my co-workers request to have their schedules changed after a few months due to going back to school, which aren't always changed and they get mad but I don't know much about how easily that can be changed.
    Some staff who have been here a while can be set in their ways and it comes off as mean. I felt that way when I first started. Now I understand that it is about the residents and that we do some things for a reason.

Advice to Management

We have seen some of our managers leave and move into other positions over the last couple years but it has been for the better. We had some managers who didn't listen to the staff and didn't follow through but we see much more manager presence on the floor and can ask questions if we need to. Keep working with us as often as you can and we will be able to learn from each other. That will help us make this place even better!

3. "Decent first job"

Former Employee - Waitress in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Waitress in Naperville, IL

I worked at Monarch Landing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Consistent schedule because there is only one shift per day
    -meet a lot of new people
    -free meal after each shift

Cons

-minimum wage
    -no tips
    -very stressful at times, the residents can get very impacient
    -only one shift per day
    -hard to get people to take shifts during the school year

Advice to Management

Either pay the wait staff more or let them get tipped!

4. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Naperville, IL

I worked at Monarch Landing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teamwork was pretty good, free meals and only 1:5 CNA-resident ratio.

Cons

HR is completely useless. They changed my work schedule THREE times in one month. No communication. You are a tool to them. When they can't use you anymore because you are burned out from picking up, you WILL be thrown away. Simple as that. Don't expect any appreciation for picking up. Not even a thank you. Most unprofessional organization I've ever seen. How they haven't gone bankrupt yet is beyond me. Good luck.

Advice to Management

No work is above you. There is a difference between a leader and a manager. A leader is willing to get their hands dirty and show his/her team the right way to do things. A manager constantly criticizes and watches, but doesn't really do anything too useful.

"Terrible Management and Organization"

Former Employee - CNA in Naperville, IL

I worked at Monarch Landing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Meals with residents

Cons

There is a lot of abusive behavior here. If it goes reported, nothing is done about it. The management could not care less about employees. You are most definitely a warm body at this company. A good company should care about the quality of employees, instead they care about having people to be on payroll. Employees that have been here more than 6 months feel entitled and bully new employees.

Advice to Management

Get your business together. There is absolutely no consistency. I would bet the majority of the employees would say they felt lied to in orientation and when they started work it was a massive reality check. There is NO communication, no accountability and absolutely no respect. You've put inept, ignorant and uneducated people in charge and it greatly shows.

6. "Unstable management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Monarch Landing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The schedule was ok and benefits were ok too. Location in Naperville was easy to get to from 88. There are no other pro's

Cons

Upper management was inexperienced and the demanding residents pushed all of the management decisions. Employees are not respected. Pay is low for industry

7. "just like any other place"

Former Employee - CNA in Naperville, IL

I worked at Monarch Landing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-own patient room
    -pay is decent
    -make own schedule

Cons

-all politics
    -staff is lazy and untrained in assisted living
    -they make promises and dont follow through
    -no one works as a team

Advice to Management

Dont tell new staff that this place is different from any other. It is the same bs you find any other place but worse. Treat all staff the same with the same rulls and stop favouring

8. "Not Bad"

I have been working at Monarch Landing full-time

Pros

Nice work clean environment to work in

Cons

Very long hiring process. No roomfor growth

9. "Decent experience for new nurse"

I have been working at Monarch Landing part-time

Pros

Good pay for PRN nurses
    Computer charting
    Lots of autonomy

Cons

Some CNAs and nurses have serious attitude or are lazy and don't finish their work. Just pass it along to next shift

Management tries to be organized but there are too many last minute "mandatory" educations and so many in services with little notice

Advice to Management

So inconvenient to try to go to all these short in services that are posted with little notice

Sometimes stuff doesn't get followed up on that is brought to management attention

10. "Registered nurse"

I worked at Monarch Landing full-time

Pros

Good food, rooms are spacious, great work space

Cons

The management is concerned with filling the building for money , agency staff , they take residents that the staff can not handle no one says thank you or smile.anagers in office

Advice to Management

Wonderful setting got off on the wrong foot feel sorry for the residents,