Mondelēz International Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2020

3.8
Mondelēz International CEO Dirk Van de Put
Dirk Van de Put
Pros
  • "Positive work environment across functions(in 107 reviews)

• "Sales Training, Great Brands, Company Vehicle, Understanding from the Manager(in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance expectations vary based on Manager(in 95 reviews)

• "Tedious Cost cutting Less benefits major stake minor flaws(in 55 reviews)

1. "Fantastic company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Service Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Mondelēz International full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work at your own pace. I prefer working alone so this job is perfect for me. Great vacation time. Quarterly bonuses for full time employees

Cons

Having to work with Walmart so of their management team very disrespectful.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Mondelēz International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Salary and great work Week

Cons

Seem to Nickel and Panny labor more and more each year as if there is no other way to add to profits

3. "Decent Pay & Perks not much JOY"

Former Employee - R&D Scientist

I worked at Mondelēz International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Pay was good, and so were the perks

Cons

R&D Locations moved to lower income regions

4. "Easy work and okay compensation. But hours are volatile and training for heavy machinery is not provided."

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative (Merchandiser) in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Mondelēz International part-time for less than a year

Pros

Halfway decent compensation, .53 cents per mile while driving on the clock, independent work without the boss breathing down your neck. Easy work once you get the hang of it after a couple of weeks on the job.

Cons

Hours go way up and way down unexpectedly. Some weeks you may get 35 hours, some 10 hours. The mileage compensation only begins after the first 25 miles on your way to the first store, so if you wake up and drive to a store 24 miles away, you get zero mileage compensation for that. However, you still get compensation for all miles driven in between stores, but the same rule applies for going home after your last store. If after your last store, you have to drive 24 miles to get home, no compensation. While working, you are representing the company and although you don't write the orders, you will often be the recipient of frustrations by the store managers. The biggest con of all is the use of motorized FORKLIFT JACKS. It is Mondelez policy that no one can use them for concerns regarding safety. However, it is basically a requirement to use it anyways if you don't want to spend all day at one store wasting your time waiting for a store manager to get off their butts, do their job, and get it down for you. Its nearly impossible unless you're willing to wait sometimes an HOUR for them to bring down ONE pallet of backstock. Because you're forced to use them against company policy, if an accident happens, you are responsible. Considering this, don't even apply unless you have experience using forklift jacks unless you're willing to put yourself at risk by trying to learn it on your own. Prepare to be called in a lot if you're good at your job. When other people call in sick or can't make it to a store, the bosses will lean on you as a crutch if they know that they can count on you always saying yes. Totally inconsistent scheduling, for most shifts I was only notified of them less than a day prior, which makes planning anything in your personal life almost impossible since you never know if you're working tomorrow.

5. "Field Mercandiser"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mondelēz International part-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales Reps and Supervisor were easy to work with and supportive.

Cons

Deliveries to the stores often very late from scheduled time or canceled. I made for constant scrambling for mercandisers and ill will from retail store customers.

6. "Full Time"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Analyst in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Mondelēz International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, PTO, Management, Pay, Support

Cons

Job Security, Systems, Highest Level Mgmt

7. COVID-19

"Not the greatest job, but not the worst."

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Mondelēz International part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule No micro-managing The work is straightforward

Cons

Low pay A lot of work at times. Potential exposure to COVID-19

8. "Micromanage you to death"

2.0
    Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Mondelēz International full-time for more than a year

Pros

When they left you alone it was okay

Cons

Terrible Pay. Unequipped management. Micromanage to death

9. "Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Associate Scientist in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Mondelēz International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People and Great Company Culture

Cons

Large Company so its easy to get lost

"Sales Service Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mondelēz International part-time for more than a year

Pros

Active work Easy job concept Free from constant supervision Supervisor I had at the time of employment really cared and would work things out with me if I needed accommodations. Overall every coworker I met all seemed genuine but it was unfortunate how spread out they we all were. Shifts are quick if you start early enough, 3-6 hours depending on deliveries If you build good relationships with stores and are reliable you are left alone by supervisors for the most part and become some what of your own boss. Its a decent gig to fill an odd time in your life however unless you are content with little career advancement I would not recommend remaining for too long.

Cons

Large work loads during busy times of year Driving between stores wears on car Some store managers can be unreasonable Only met for about 1-2 team meetings a year and they were always scheduled on days off Not much growth potential beyond becoming a full time Sales Service Rep In slow store pretty much every display you build is for show and you will end up wasting time repacking everything placed on the display.

Found 1928 reviews