Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

Mondo Reviews

Updated May 22, 2022

Found 794 of over 1,522 reviews

3.5
Mondo President   Stephanie Wernick Barker (no image)
Stephanie Wernick Barker

What people are saying about Mondo

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great(in 45 reviews)
  • "Communication is great and Chad Arnold gets back to me ASAP with whatever questions and concerns I may have.(in 42 reviews)
  • "The people are great and they want to help you continue your success to grow and make yourself and the company better every day.(in 41 reviews)
  • "She knew what I needed and matched me with a great company and team.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Everyone is accessible.(in 26 reviews)
Cons
  • "Management has no idea how to lead or motivate employees.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Hours are long but they go really fast if you can focus and get your work done.(in 30 reviews)
  • "There is no work life balance.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Know what you're getting into because it's a grind long hours and tough work but it's rewarding to lock in that first deal!(in 9 reviews)
  • "I needed some time off at the same time they were reorganizing and rebranding.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mondo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Work hard play hard

Mar 16, 2022 - Technical Recruiter in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- plenty of growth opportunities - Solid salary and plenty of great opps to get high levels of commission - direct managers care and go out of their way to help you succeed

Cons

- long hours - can be stressful, but what sales job isnt

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Lots of potential for growth

May 10, 2022 - Operations Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mondo is a true meritocracy; the only person who limits your growth in this company is yourself. As long as you show that you’re providing value, they honestly don’t care what you do. In recruiting but you would be better in sales or back-office? Done. Have some ideas to streamline a process flow in your office? Done. Your career is in your hands here.

Cons

Because the company is growing rapidly in a crazy industry, things are constantly changing QUICKLY. Urgency is key, but it’s also difficult and stressful at times.

3. 2.0

Be Warned..

May 22, 2022 - Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers (on the same level as me) were awesome.

Cons

MICROMANAGING GALORE. not a fun work environment even though they preach “work hard play hard” and “LETS F*****G GO”. But really, if you have any form of success, it’s very quickly squashed by management wanting you to do double. Expectations are astronomical. Managers didn’t know how to manage, they just tried to enforce their own successes onto you and if you didn’t mimic, then you’re fired. I’ve since moved onto a different staffing company (URSUS), and have been very successful there with management that is very accepting and encouraging.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great coworkers, great leadership, amazing job

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been working here for a short time, but I can honestly say that my experience has been nothing short of amazing. I haven't been in too many companies that truly care about mental health the way Mondo does (from monthly wellness stipends to encouraging rest), as well as a company that has an open line of communication throughout each team. I am so appreciative of the positive culture of the company, opportunities for growth and career mapping, and the fight to break the stigma behind "4 day work weeks" (on Fridays, we "flex"). I am also so incredibly productive as a remote employee which is a huge benefit of working at Mondo (along with many other things). I can't recommend this growing team enough!

Cons

Nothing to report here! :)

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Please protect your mental health.

May 19, 2022 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

working remote overall structure - the training and back office teams are great at providing guidelines and guidance. Kasey in training/the initial training process . The training team/support team is amazing and it’s truly so wonderful to work work with and be supported by them for the first couple of months. Trauma bonding over leadership turning into friendships with teammates. that’s it.

Cons

“You will be hired with a sense of false reality. There are a handful of very successful people that they will dangle as bait to keep you engaged. If you are lucky enough to have honest conversations with the people on your team succeeding don’t be shocked when they tell you that some of their biggest accounts were handed to them after someone else left… so if you are willing to wait it out or happen to have good luck in the beginning. You CAN make a lot of money - it happens but to a select few people, those who do work lengthy hours, weekends and during their vacations. I applaud the dedication of those individuals working hard to earn the money that is rightfully theirs with the hours, effort and sacrifices to reach a level of “success” at Mondo.” If you are looking for leadership and guidance just walk away, most leaders are holding onto their own trauma working 12 hour days building their business when they were recruiters or account managers and will continuously remind you that “back in the day” they started their day at 6:30 am and didn’t leave the office until 7:30 pm. False sense of flexibility… they are probably chatting with applicants about the 4 day work week with flex fridays but don’t expect to flex until you are 8-12 months in. THE HEALTH CARE HAS NO DEDUCTIBLES. - the additional therapy sessions will be expensive. I am not going to sugarcoat this & am not the first person to mention how traumatic the experience is but unless you have the luxury of being supported by a parent, family member, partner, or are working at least one other job please rethink your choice. There are other staffing firms out there and your mental health is important. I have so much empathy for the “generational trauma” at Mondo & truly wish success for everyone there but these issues need to be addressed from a psychological standpoint. The way it was is not the way it is and is not the way it should be. The last two years have shown us how short life can be and unfortunately work takes up a majority of the time we spend on this earth. No situation is perfect.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity!

May 16, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money IF you do well

Cons

Old technology Cliquey long work hours- expected to work weekends and late nights

7. 1.0

Worst Company Ever lol

May 13, 2022 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally none I could not give you one and I mean that very seriously

Cons

When I say the cons aren’t worth typing out, they really aren’t. List is too long. Don’t work for this company seriously, do not. If you accept an offer there, remember this review when you realize how miserable you are. Bad idea. Worst idea you ever had. Don’t. So bad after 2 years I’m coming back to warn you all. Worst mistake in my career.

8. 1.0

Millennial Machine

May 10, 2022 - Account Director in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Occasional team lunches expensed by management and sporadic short days on special occasions. Biggest pro would be the opportunity to see large corporations while on meetings and understanding their roles and needs within the company.

Cons

As a post grad this can seem like a tantalizing opportunity to work in a young and fun like minded professional environment, was even told during the interview that it helps to be good looking. After a short time there you realize it is a facade and can see through the gimmicks that draw in millennial crowds and notice the huge turnover. You'll pick up where another has left off redialing accounts with overused talk tracks that have annoyed the same person in that position for months prior. They'll gladly blame the individual for not being motivated enough yet provide little to no real training or actual mentorship. Say you are able to land a prospective need to fill a position with your account with someone Mondo can provide, even though many of these companies have HR, the lead can cut your deal and any commission for the sake of benefiting these large companies in hopes of return business in the future. If you don't mind a long commute for soul draining cold calls and unrealistic meeting expectations for companies that can fulfill these needs on their own, and love rejection, this might be the role for you. Was also scolded for putting the parking break on in the company car because management couldn't figure out how to disengage it and the garage was "flat" so didn't need to be on.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Mondo

Apr 21, 2022 - Lead Generation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive opportunity for personal and professional growth. Over my time at Mondo, I have been given multiple opportunities to try new business avenues and implement new ideas. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

I cant think of any Cons at this time.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

very yikes

Feb 24, 2022 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I finally built up my bench of clients and consultants, I was making a good amount of money - took 2 years to get there though.

Cons

The CEO did an excellent job of building up a management infrastructure to protect her and only her. Everyone is a casualty in her mind. Beware. This is a bully driven and unprofessional environment that will traumatize you. If you are a person with integrity, free thinker, and NOT a sheep, run far from this place. It will take years to recover from this trauma that this company causes. If you have a mind of your own, ask questions, and think for yourself, you will soon realize you are trapped and have no voice. Management will sniff this out, bully you, put you on countless PiPs, and if you refuse to conform to their unsustainable practices, you will be fired. You will be told to lie to your clients, ruin people's job searches, and overall do unethical things. Even if you are a top performer and money maker for the company, they will find a way to fire you if you challenge (successfully) their small minded business model. There is also serious racial issues here. I will leave it at that.

11 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 794 Reviews

Mondo Reviews FAQs

Mondo has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,522 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Mondo to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Mondo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Mondo. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

61% of Mondo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mondo 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Mondo to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Mondo Job Seekers