Mondo Reviews | Glassdoor

Mondo Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Fast-paced, work hard play hard environment that rewards its employees for doing well (in 27 reviews)

• He maintained excellent communication with me throughout the hiring process (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons or anything negative to say (in 68 reviews)

• Work life balance isn't the best, especially if you don't live in manhattan (in 14 reviews)

"Waste of Time"

Current Employee - Account Director in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Arlington, VA

Pros

Everyone in the DC office is great. From the leadership to the newest employee, they all are really great people and represent the company well. It's a very work hard/play hard environment which is great in a sales atmosphere.

Cons

HR/Upper Management, no professionalism. They will completely spin you around and waste your time. Honestly the worst part about the company and I'm sure a reflection of how they conduct business with clients.
    Also there is no real training in place other than an outdated bunch of modules. More value is had by having new hires shadow and practice pitch as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Don't waste peoples time.
    Don't have your recruiters lie to people to accept a position so they hit their numbers.
    In a sales role with high turnover don't let good hardworking people get away based on your unwillingness to be forward thinking.

2. "Mondo Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Creative benefits package, strong management, they offer excellent training, there are tons of room to grow your career, and the company consistently records double-digit growth.

Cons

Not that this is a ‘con’, but just be prepared that people are working here because they are driven and they want to succeed.

3. "EOY Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Mondo is its culture. We closed out a solid year, the office is in excellent spirits, and people are looking forward to keeping up the pace in 2017.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, although it can be a tough place to find your footing. Management wants its people to keep up with their numbers.

5. "Account Director Position"

Pros

fun environment, supportive management, room for growth, team oriented

Cons

you often work long hours

6. "Account Director Position"

Current Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mondo full-time

Pros

It's extremely competitive and high pressure but the management and employees make it worth it. There is a lot of room for growth and people here are always encouraging you to keep working hard.

Cons

Some may see this as a con but they really expect you to be an adult and do your own thing. If you have a question, you need to ask. You have a concern, you need to bring it up. They are not going to hold your hand.

Advice to Management

Continue to be great - you are like second parents to most of us and we truly appreciate the hard work you put in every day.

7. "Amazing Recruiters"

Pros

I was very impressed with how the team at Mondo proactively and efficiently helped recruit me into my current role. Michael Meade, the person that I worked with was highly responsive, diligent, & overall a great person to work with. He took into account both the requirements of the company as well as my needs and found a balance that served all of us. I will gladly work with Mondo and the team in the future.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experience with Mondo thus far and given how actively they work with their clients, I don't anticipate any!

Advice to Management

Look after the stars like Michael as they are your greatest assets!

8. "Synergy"

Current Employee - Video Editor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Video Editor in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Mondo was able to secure a contract position for me that utilizes my unique skill set and background experience. They really know how to match candidates with employers and that takes a very special kind of attention to detail, commitment and diligence. This is incredibly hard to find with staffing agencies, specifically in the area of my own experience and skill set.

Cons

So far my experience has been nothing but positive.

Advice to Management

Your staff is amazing. Celebrate them often.

9. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very competitive, fresh environment. Everyone is extremely friendly and personable. Very team oriented. Work hard play hard mentality. Transparent management.

Cons

Work life balance isn't the best, especially if you don't live in manhattan.

"Account Director"

Former Employee - Account Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed being face to face with the customers.

Cons

This is going to be a long list. I was hired with 5+ years of sales experience from a fortune 300 company and let me tell you this company it is HORRENDOUSLY run. My first two days of "training" we were sitting in front of a computer and taking tests and watching videos. Little to no interaction from my direct manager, who also had ZERO previous sales experience. On my 3rd day with absolutely minimal expertise I was required to make 100 calls and 100 emails to customers. This led to awkward conversations with customers and huge bridges being burned right off the bat. We were given over 1000 outdated contacts to work on. I am talking contacts and companies that have not been touched in 5+ years.

The office is absolutely silent so any phone call is under a huge microscope. 30 phone calls are required in the first 30 minutes of the morning before pipeline meetings and it is considered absolutely unacceptable if you do not reach this goal. Somehow other reps seemed to hit this with ease while not actually having any real conversations, which means for the first 30 minutes and throughout the day EVERYONE is faking calls just to hit their numbers. I brought this to the attention of management and was literally laughed at but if you look at the numbers called in salesforce reps are calling and hanging up on the same phone numbers within 1 second conversations. VERY obvious.

My second month we were significantly short of our goal so what was the only solution suggested by management? You guessed it, more calls and more emails! Zero problem solving or constructive criticism to improve efficiencies in order to close more deals. Every two hours updates with current daily phone calls and emails were sent to the entire office and included the VP of sales and CEO so if you were doing anything other than constantly calling or emailing you were reprimanded. This included multiple conversations and office visits if you even 5 calls short of what you needed to be.

Benefits for this company are non existent!!! You will not receive healthcare until 90 days of employment or 401k options until an entire year! This sends a horrible message that Mondo does not believe you will be there long. Two other AD's left after I did which made 3 over a 3 month period. VERY high turnover!

Advice to Management

Pull back on the micromanagement! You hired sales reps to sell so they should be trusted to get the job done and if they dont, they wont make commissions. Reps are reprimanded on phone calls not deals!!

Improve the training or have some training.

Give your employees benefits, duh.

11. "Account Director"

Pros

Very social setting, never a dull moment.
    Great benefits.
    Uncapped commission/base salary combo.
    Work toward both team and individual goals.

Cons

Work past 6 every once in a while