Mondo Reviews | Glassdoor

Mondo Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work hard play hard environment (in 29 reviews)

• I really enjoyed working with her she was very supportive throughout the interview process" (in 43 reviews)

1. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Web Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Web Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kaylyn Gerwig worked hard to place me in a position that will make a significant difference in building my resume. They team as a whole took a very proactive approach to making sure I stood out among other candidates and I think this is the difference between me getting placed quickly.

Cons

None at this time they are a great team to work with.

"This place will slowly kill your soul"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mondo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Base salary is low but commission, should you make it, is fairly decent

Cons

- Provides little training for new employees
    - Must wait 90 days to start receiving health insurance and other full-time benefits
    - Work schedule is extremely inflexible and you will work 10 hour days, 50 hours per week at minimum
    - Lunch breaks longer than 15 minutes are highly frowned upon and discouraged
    - Culture of being a working around the clock and devoting all your energy to Mondo (you will have NO work-life balance)
    - Mondo posts fun pictures on social media and boasts about winning awards for being one of the best places to work, but their turnover rate in the SF office was more than 85%. They paint a nice picture, but behind closed doors, their culture is non-existent. They will work you like a race-horse until you quit.

Advice to Management

Seriously, stop PRETENDING like you're a cool place to work and start treating your employees like human beings instead of slaves.

"Account Director - Mondo"

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Anyone who is looking to get into it sales or has a few years experience could be an awesome fit here. My favorite aspect is how everyday is different. I could have a meeting with the CTO of AP in the morning and lunch with the Director of IT at Spotify in the afternoon. The company has been around for over 15+ years but doesn't have a corporate vibe, more start up-esq. It's honestly a great job for the right fit. Awesome perks; unlimited PTO, LinkedIn/Cell phone reimbursement, company car, happy hours, student loan reimbursement, ect. It's recruiting, but the AD role is geared toward Sales.

Cons

You will be expected to work a lot.

4. "Love Mondo!"

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely supportive!

Cons

None as of right now

5. "Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Mondo full-time

Pros

Great community, young environment and lots of music.

Cons

very cut throat, have to work your butt off if you want to see results, management isn't too great.

6. "A fun challenge"

I have been working at Mondo full-time

Pros

My team is great and they really make this a fun place to work. You also have the potential to make a lot of money here especially as someone in their first or second job.

Cons

The first few months are not easy because you have to put a lot of work in. You definitely see a lot of people come and go who are not ready for this type of challenge. But if you work hard you will be rewarded.

"No Interest in continuing your role"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Mondo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, friendly back office staff

Cons

Good Benefits till you see the size of their cobra payment. Very controlling amongst offices.

"Working at Mondo"

Current Employee - Career Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Career Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Mondo. My team has invested in me from day one to get me up to speed. I've never had coworkers go so far out of their way to help me succeed. Alicia was a great recruiter - she explained the interview process and the organization very clearly to me. Matt set very clear expectations for me from my very first interview, and has been committed to my professional growth ever since.

Cons

Mondo is a great place to work because they set out very clear expectations with their employees. Don't work here if you don't want to be held to a high standard of accountability and excellence.

"Account Director Position"

Current Employee - Account Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Mondo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the environment. Even throughout the interview process, everyone I have met has been very welcoming. The entire office works as a team to reach our goals. The expectations are very clear and direct and if someone is ever in need, people are willing to go above and beyond for their team mates. The new training program has really helped me progress quickly! Hard work is definitely rewarded through compensation, benefits, and opportunity for advancement!

Cons

To be successful, you must be self-motivated and hard working!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity!

10. "Good company for contractors"

Pros

The staff seems to have good relationships with the companies that they have accounts with. The bring new contractors on with a minimal amount of hassle.

Cons

The company needs to arrange for a better communication system. Emails and phone calls were not always answered in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

I would recommend your company to other contractors but I would advise improving your communication channels.