Money Management International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Ivan L.Hand, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping people, we do have good management and coworkers, everyone does the best they can with all we are expected to do (in 15 reviews)

• decent work from home wage, M/D/V benefits with PTO (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a non profit and depends on government funding (in 10 reviews)

• no room for advancement, low salary and disappointing raises (in 6 reviews)

"Housing Counselor"

Former Employee - Housing Counselor in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Housing Counselor in Sugar Land, TX

Pros

Good atmosphere, management good, very fair

Cons

lengthy training, late hours, more space

Good

"not non-profit"

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You're helping people keep their homes, buy homes, get out of debt, get educated, in general if you're committed to your job you are truly helping people.

Cons

There are more chiefs than indians, with each merger the company became more unstable and financially in trouble. Managements concern with the budget became paramount over concerns with staff or our clients. We were doing the job of two to three people to "cut the budget" of lower end management instead of getting rid of redundant upper management.

"Horrible place"

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

Can't think of any pros

Cons

Bad environment, no room to grow. Does not care about employees

"Counseling"

Former Employee - Counselor in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The idea of helping people is good.

Cons

The idea of helping people has turned into a sales pitch! The downside are many: low pay for those that are not upper management, too many director levels and above making outrageous salaries! Lack of advancement and raises. Very poor management of doing the exact same thing for several years as the industry has changes without keeping up. Too much management without the credentials (degree) to be able to manage efficiently and effectively. This leads to less customers, leading to layoffs! Year after year people are let go only due to poor management. A sinking ship!!!!

"Happy Employee"

Pros

Great co-workers worked as a team

Cons

No complaints, will recommend friends and family

Advice to Management

No suggestions at this time

"Housing counselor"

Current Employee - Housing Counselor
    Current Employee - Housing Counselor

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work at home. Provides a valuable service.

Cons

Micromanage, micromanage, micromanage. Workload is extremely overwhelming because of massive layoffs. We are expected to work 3 peoples jobs and still meet goals that have not changed even though we have less than half of the employees we had in the past. Constantly being questioned by management even if you are a employee meeting goals and working as hard as anyone can. Clients are not the priority any longer even though management pretends they are. The most important thing is money no matter the cost. Counselors have to deal with clients being frustrated and irrate from being on hold so long and not being able to get in touch with anyone. Raises? What is that? Haven’t had one in at least 7 years.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. Even your managers who are offered the option to move down to a counseling position or be laid off would rather be unemployed than work as a counselor. It was truly the most rewarding position with the company in the past. We are now treated as robots, expecting to be available all the time without even taking a breath after being on the phone for hours. Your counselors left are tenured employees. we know what we are doing. We are only human working under impossible circumstances. We are being disrespected by being micromanaged and blamed for not answering enough calls when everyone knows it’s imposssible with the lack of employees. We are not slackers. Treat us like we aren’t. Take a walk in your counselors shoes and try to imagine working under such stress of being questioned by your boss daily, trying to help clients to the best of your ability but without even being able to tell them they can call us back if they need additional help. We are extremely burnt out. If all your managers do each day is monitor the ques and call down counselors for ridiculous things, then lay them all off and please keep counselors. You all could also take a pay cut if you really cared about MMI and it’s survival. Our president is the highest paid of all services as president. We’re talking high upper 6 digits. It’s embarrassing. Way too top heavy with ridiculous salaries for a non profit. Meanwhile the counselors who bring in the revenue are working under extreme stress (mostly from management micromanaging) and feeling exhausted and beat down.

7. "Support Counselor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helping people, we do have good management and coworkers, everyone does the best they can with all we are expected to do.

Cons

You worry about layoffs and then more work.

Advice to Management

Keep staff updated on business and try to find time off phone to prevent errors.

"Fired with no warning and no write up . This company has no compassion for the employees."

Former Employee - Counselor in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Money Management International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed and loved my job assisting client to get out of debt. I provided excellent customer service on every call made. 100 Quality Service

Cons

The Management Team from Louisiana doesn't have any working relationships with the few support counselors left in Sugar Land. Very SAD.

Advice to Management

Build a rapport with the employee first. Don't let a valuable employee who has been employed over 15 years be terminated without taking the time out to listen Coach,Train and Development based on the way the Louisiana office processes.
    Clients feedback on how the counselor treated them should speak volumes. Especially if the employees has a proven record of providing quality service to the clients. Everyone knew me and love me in Sugar Land and its unfortunate it had to end. I was preparing for retirement.

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Money Management International full-time

Pros

There are no pros for this dump.

Cons

I have worked for Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions before this company merged with it. Company operated in a dying industry which lead to hundreds of layoffs every year. Massive layoffs usually happen right before Christmas and at the beginning of the year. Company has been downsizing every time for more than a decade straight. Management and managers hold no accountability for anything at all. Pay increase is only about 3% that happens mostly every 2 years. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

10. "Counselor"

Current Employee - Counselor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Excellent work/life balance, generous pto and sick time, stable hours

Cons

Very little growth potential, raises very rare