Money Management International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2020

3.6
Money Management International President and CEO Jim Triggs
Jim Triggs
Pros
  • "Helping people overcome financial obstacles, impacting lives(in 17 reviews)

• "Non-profit org who's employees believe in what they are doing makes a difference and helps change peoples' lives for the better(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Being a non-profit, it's overseen by several other entities and receives funding and grants from even more(in 12 reviews)

• "no room for advancement, low salary and disappointing raises(in 6 reviews)

1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Bilingual Housing Counselor and Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Money Management International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Helping many client to keep the home and learn about there options to move on if the house is no longer affordable. Great customer service

Cons

Funding for the programs are provided by the government there is a lack of funding

Money Management International2020-01-27
  2. "Be ready to defend yourself."

Current Employee - Debt and Budget Counselor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to learn about debts.Some good co workers.You get to help people get out of debt.

Cons

Disorganized training ,you never get to meet any in company only through messaging and phone calls. Old Software.

Money Management International2020-02-17
  3. "Love the mission"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Mission driven, nice people, flexible, good culture

Cons

financial instability of nonprofit sector

Money Management International2020-01-02
  4. "Love MMI family!"

Current Employee - Senior Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management strives to make a difference in work environment, client satisfaction, improvement and benefits/bonuses.

Cons

Work holidays / Medium pay in comparison with other agencies

Money Management International2019-06-26
  5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Transition Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

The company listens to their front line employess about what the clients are saying and needing and help with anything nessacary.

Cons

There is not many holidays off.

Money Management International2019-06-07
  6. "Celebrating 24 years"

Current Employee - Development Manager

Pros

MMI truly cares about it's clients, employees and the work that is done. Always looking for ways to improve services and the customer experience. Management has an open door policy and are willing to listen and act upon ideas and concerns.

Cons

As with any organization there are fluctuations in the industry tied to the economy that dictate growth, wages, benefits, staffing and when necessary staffing reductions. Any change is carefully considered and weighed before action is taken. At the end of the day what may be good for the agency to help it continue to thrive may not always be popular with employees and the impact decisions made have on them. Advancement in the organization is possible however opportunities are limited due to the tenure of upper management.

Money Management International2019-05-24

"An Employer Who Cares"

Current Employee - Counselor

Pros

They really make an attempt to ensure employees are happy.

Cons

None that I an think of

Money Management International2019-05-14
  8. "I love my job !"

Current Employee - Certified Credit Counselor in Richmond, VA

Pros

Good company that cares about theor employees. Decent pay. Work from home opportunities. Good benefits. Contests to keep us engaged and goal oriented.

Cons

Work hours could be better. May require evenings and/or weekends especially if you have a work from home position. Must volunteer to work some holidays.

Money Management International2019-05-14

"I was looking for an opportunity like the one at MMI"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at MMI for under a year, but I was looking for an organization where I can interact with clients and help them develop positive change. I enjoy my time here and the work that we're able to do. Money is already a tough topic to discuss openly, but MMI being a nonprofit allows us to help clients with out the burden of trying to sell anything. I enjoy our management structure. I feel like I can talk to the higher ups about what works and what doesn't around the job. Overall a pretty good place to work.

Cons

Being a huge organization, our department is spread over several states. Even in the office, we all do something so drastically different. It's hard to understand everything that we offer sometimes, or what your coworkers do.

Money Management International2019-05-08

"MMI is a great place that cares about their employees and those they are serving"

Current Employee - Director

Pros

Great colleagues that care Flexibility Good work/life balance

Cons

Could do a better job of providing advancement to deserving employees

Money Management International2019-05-07

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 131 reviews