Money Management International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Ivan L.Hand, Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping people, we do have good management and coworkers, everyone does the best they can with all we are expected to do (in 13 reviews)

• decent work from home wage, M/D/V benefits with PTO (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a non profit and depends on government funding (in 10 reviews)

• There isn't much room for advancement (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Employer, Low pay"

Current Employee - Support Counselor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Support Counselor in Houston, TX

Pros

The company is very flexible and understanding. The job itself is rewarding because you are helping people. Unfortunately, the pay is low and qualified emplyees tend to move to other institutions because of it.

Cons

Pay is too low and medical is expensive

Advice to Management

Offer monetary inscentive to stay by promoting more often

2. "Money Management International values its employees and lets us know through communication, recognition, & XMas bonus."

Current Employee - Grant Writer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Grant Writer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's me know I am valued
    Listens to my input
    Recognition program
    Lives its mission
    Open door, I can even email the CEO
    My manager
    The work I do

Cons

Salaries could be a little higher

Advice to Management

Keep living our guiding principles and follow up on survey feedback .

3. "Great experience"

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

Flexible, great manager, company cares about your life outside of work

Cons

Not much room for advancement in certain departments

4. "Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Certified Counselor in Tupelo, MS
    Current Employee - Certified Counselor in Tupelo, MS

I have been working at Money Management International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At MMI we have the opportunity to make a positive difference in people's lives. Financial problems cause divorce, abuse and suicide to mention a few. We are able to assist consumers of all ages with the variety of products that we offier, plus the Group Education Programs offered to the local communities.

Cons

The fact that there are times when the answers for the consumer are not what they want to hear. Having to deliver an honest, if hard to handle, solution.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Engage workplace I have worked for."

Current Employee - Certified Credit Counselor
    Current Employee - Certified Credit Counselor

Pros

MMI strives to be the best non profit accredited credit counseling agency in US. Company's culture is very diverse with numerous supportive, intelligent, and caring employees from management to its workers. We as a company strive to give our clients our dedicated time, empathy and knowledge to help with their financial or housing dilema. This day and change its hard to find employers who truly care about your well being.

Cons

Just like with every employment, there are constant changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep employees aware of changes and please be flexible if the process doesn't go as smoothly as intended. With changes, there are bound to be some obstacles that we have to get pass in order for us to succeed as a whole.

"Fulfilling work with passionate people"

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

Working at MMI is fulfilling because I am helping people on a daily basis. There are opportunities for advancement and recognition. Management encourages personal and professional growth, with the ability to contribute to other areas of the organization that you may be interested in even if it doesn't fit in your job description. A lot of employees have been at MMI forever. Plus, the benefits are decent for a nonprofit.

Cons

Pay isn't very high, but it is a nonprofit. No consistency in management styles across the organization. The website is always broken and clients complain about it alot

Advice to Management

Listent to counselors more. Fix the website.

7. "Working at MMI is fulfilling, it offers an opportunity to learn something new every day."

Pros

Working at MMI gives me the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others. When families have financial hardships, they generally have other problems that stem from the financial challenges. Helping them gain control of their finances, positively impacts the other areas of their life.

Cons

Families burdened by debt can become stressed and people under stress are not always the easiest to deal with. At times, this can be challenging but most people are grateful when they realize we are truly here to help them.

Advice to Management

No specific advice for upper management.

8. "Empowering and Supportive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

Pros

The reason I have stayed with MMI for so long is the support of my management team. You are not just an employee, if you show genuine interest for what you do they will support you and help develop you both personally and professionally. And my boss - she always has my back - how many people can actually say that....EXACTLY!!! The staff here is great too - work is my home away from home and I am glad to have this family.

Cons

Who doesn't want to make more money?

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes necessary to keep us at the top of our game. The better we do, the more opportunities for ourselves and our employees.

9. "Fulfilling place to work"

I have been working at Money Management International full-time

Pros

The mission and culture is inspiring. It's fulfilling to help people for a living.

Cons

A bigger paycheck would be nice. But who doesn't want that?

10. "The success and happiness of the clients is the most rewarding."

Current Employee - Credit Counselor
    Current Employee - Credit Counselor

Pros

non-profit company that does GOOD work for our communities and clients. The good work makes it worth some of the stress.

Cons

hard to advance; supervisor and management positions are rare openings. Average Salary seems less than average for starting counselors for consumer credit counseling.

Advice to Management

Increase base counselor salaries