MoneyGram International Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
MoneyGram International CEO Alex Holmes
Alex Holmes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally great corporate culture, clearly trying hard to be a top-quality company to work for, excellent recognition of work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Motivated Happy People Generally fun respectful work environment (in 19 reviews)

"Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and friendly co-workers for the most part.

Cons

No good benefits.
    Favoritism not to the best workers, but best smiles.
    Management don't know how to manage.
    Errors and horrors on results.

Advice to Management

New owner, review stuff very well and determine who really knows their job.
    Keep the hard workers, not the lazy ones.

2. "More than meets the eye"

Current Employee - Global Operations in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Global Operations in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to learn. The company has been through a lot of changes with a reorganization that led to offshoring US positions to Warsaw Poland and has increased its brand into international markets.

Cons

The high deductible medical plan blows, overall benefits are below par except for the tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

stabalize

"Stressful Environment"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Frisco, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive and benefits decent, especially their 401k plan which matches from date of contribution. You'll definitely not be bored and have down time. Meetings are key with this company.

Cons

Workload is heavy and stressful, always changing daily. Have seen multiple managers leave the company in a years time and no one new to take their place.

Advice to Management

Don't over work your employees and give them some breathing room. Also favoritism is noticed by other team members.

Feb 23, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your honesty in the concerns you raise. We are striving to create new solutions for our employees - so thank you for your feedback.

"Very nice company stuck in the hands of wrong people"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice benefits
    Nice work to life balance
    easy growth ladder

Cons

Management stuck with vendors (may be because someone gets kickbacks somewhere)
    useless contracting companies minting millions every year jeopardizing employees' bonuses
    favoritism acts bad for people who are not in the good books
    most long timers just show up for work because they jjust need the paycheck

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your honest review. We are wondering if you would be interested in providing us more information related to your concern about MoneyGram's leadership. We strive to provide our employees... More

"Unfortunate Sacrifice"

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

Some great people working throughout the organization that truly care about the customer and safe transfers. Being able to work with people from around the world everyday creates an atmosphere that you cannot find in most other organizations.

Cons

Too many of the top leaders (not all) cut back the employees, budgets, and product/service quality for the sake of hitting their personal bonuses. The employees do notice this when the leadership finances are reported at the end of the year. Then the corporate line "do more with less" rings hollow.

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your honesty in the concerns you raise. We are also open to hear what your view as pros to working at MoneyGram. We are striving to create new solutions for... More

"Struggling with Lack of Priorities Alignment"

Pros

Staff genuinely wish to do a good job and create great experiences for consumers and agents alike. The business model is solid and generates significant cash.

Cons

Company is emerging from a turn-around predicated by a deferred prosecution agreement with the federal government. There is a lot of pressure to put quick fixes in place without regard to the longer term strategic benefit or strategic alignment of those fixes. This results in significant rework or employee turn-over due to burn-out or misplaced accountability for the outcomes.

Advice to Management

Foucs on retaining talent and stabilizing the turnover rate. Projects are constantly in flux and difficult to maintain momentum due to key resource attrition. Support change agents and allow them to do what they do best.

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello and thank you for your review. Our employees are very valuable to us here at MoneyGram, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.

"Its ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great. That is part of what makes this environment great.Middle management and the VP's are smart people with great skill sets.

Cons

The EC is awful. They are here just to collect the giant bonus that they are being paid and then they are out. There is not a lot of trust in the teams that they have hired.

Advice to Management

You have hired a great group of people now us their talents and listen to them. you hired them to do a job now let them do it.

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. Our employees are very valuable to us here at MoneyGram, and we're always looking to make improvements as a company and as an employer.

"Lack of Career Advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, MO

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Life and work balance. Multicultural enviroment

Cons

Lack of career development. The majority of management positions are held by men. Bureaucratic company.

Advice to Management

Better implementation of strategies. Great ideas for mentoring and career development but they are not implemented well across the company specially outside the HQ (Dallas). Need more mentors and not managers across the organization.

Jul 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your honesty in the concerns you raise. We are also open to hear what you view as pros to working at MoneyGram. We are striving to create new solutions for... More

"So-so"

Pros

Decent PTO and free coffee I guess.

Cons

Poor communication. Upper management so cut off from the rank and file that it's not even funny anymore. Tone deaf leaders pretending everything is normal as the ship sails for Poland. This company is sinking quickly.

Advice to Management

Management would never listen to advice.

"Ok company to start your career"

Current Employee - MKT in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - MKT in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going management (at least mine), Work schedule,

Cons

No Training at all, upper management dont even look at the regular employees. Every department tries to sabotage the other. Be ready to work with VPS that really dont know what they are doing.
    New employees come and leave pretty quickly.

Advice to Management

Management should listen to the Professionals they hire. Company lets some VPS spend all the money on products that dont offer no returns.