MoneyGram International Reviews | Glassdoor

MoneyGram International Reviews

Updated July 11, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-Life Balance - opportunity to work from home, as appropriate (in 17 reviews)

• Flexible hours, great work environment, awesome structure (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management didn't care about employees once the move of HQ happened (in 17 reviews)

• Long hours, lack of communication, temps are paid better than full time perm employees (in 8 reviews)

"Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some benefits comments posted by others are not accurate.
    Benefits start day 1. Medical deductible is minimum allowed for HDHP. Employee bi-weekly contribution is very competitive when Wellness Incentive is earned. No increase in employee contributions for 2016! HSA company contribution is almost half annual deductible. PTO was increased to higher levels in 2015 as was extra paid holidays. 401(k) match is immediately vested and market competitive.

Cons

Not sure why employee turnover rate is higher than normal.

Feb 23, 2016 – Inbound Marketing Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefits package for our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Director of National Accounts in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director of National Accounts in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dynamic company in a dynamic industry

Cons

Competitive pressure within the industry

Advice to Management

na

Jan 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback. When you choose MoneyGram, you choose to work with a global family of financial experts and we're happy you're on our team!

"Good Knowledge as Intern"

Former Employee - Junior J2EE Developer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Junior J2EE Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at MoneyGram International (Less than a year)

Pros

Good to work as Intern learned a lot

Cons

Every thing is good for me

4. "Accountant 1"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Center, MN

Pros

Great work environment, great collaboration. Management is helpful and knowledgeable. There is a lot of different employment avenues to pursue do to the size and depth of the company.

Cons

The benefits are very expensive. The out of pocket maximum for a family was over 9,000 dollars. The pay was market or just below market.

Advice to Management

You are doing a very good job keeping people knowledgeable and motivated. Keep up the good efforts of praising and valuing your employees.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been working at MoneyGram International for 9 months, but it has been a very positive experience to date. There are smart, energetic and enthusiastic folks working all over the world. If you want to work in a global organization, MoneyGram is the place to be and the Information Technology organization is a great place to experience the full global spectrum.

Cons

MoneyGram is interesting because in some areas, it is an older company, and yet in other areas of the company, it acts and feels much more like a start-up or younger company. While not necessarily a con, it does create some interesting challenges and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees to do the right things, at the right times, for the right reasons.

Jul 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

"Not too big, not too small: just right"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International (More than a year)

Pros

Medium-sized company not bogged down with excessive process/bureaucracy. Every employee has the opportunity to make a positive impact if they chose to take the initiative. Great place for people who like to build new things. Competitive compensation. Global company with opportunities to work with people all over the world.

Cons

As a medium-sized company, there are not always resources to provide the same level of employee support/training as larger companies. People who are not self motivated and driven to excel may not do well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the investments in training and development. Support initiatives to help the entire organization understand customer experience.

Jul 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Your feedback is much appreciated. We pride ourselves on offering a competitive benefits package to our employees. Thank you for acknowledging the things we do well.

7. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great supervisor who always showed interest in my goals and plans for advancement, The training for my position was excellent.

Cons

Sitting at a computer all day. Not many opportunities to get to know my fellow employees. Not enough team building events.

Advice to Management

Help front line employees design a career path within the company. It will really help with employee retention.

Jul 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello! Thank you for your honest feedback. We strive to provide our employees with an environment that each person feels heard. Hearing the pros and cons of working at Moneygram helps us make the... More

8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Lots of great people and willing to learn and share with each other.

Cons

It feels like a start up and you have to find answers yourself.

Aug 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

"Good experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for self-starter. Those who are able to navigate through ambiguous situations and possess a drive to seek answers and solutions will be successful at MoneyGram. Industry regulations are constantly changing and it is a great place for those who want to improve processes and make a difference. The company is seeking to improve their benefits in order to attract talent. I feel that MoneyGram does encourage work-life balance. The environment is friendly and makes you want to come to work.

Cons

The company is adjusting to a lot of changes due to relocation strategy and regulatory requirements. Benefits are currently not up to par with larger firms, but they are improving.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in hiring people who are the right fit. MoneyGram promotes a positive work environment driven by qualified, pro-active, creative, diverse, and compassionate individuals.

Jul 2, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. At MoneyGram, our people are our most valuable assets. We're proud of our multi-cultural work environment where all backgrounds are welcome and appreciated!

"Worked at MoneyGram for many years and gained valuable experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are the company's greatest asset...some of the best I've ever worked with.

Cons

Communication of changes can be more effective and in a more timely manner.

Advice to Management

Rethink the decision at some point in the future of outsourcing the call center to a foreign country.