Monoflo International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Henning Rader

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I'm Doing What I Love!"

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work/life balance is great. Also, most of my co-workers are genuinely wonderful people. Not to mention the high salary and positive benefits. All co-workers are experienced and are very knowledgeable of the expectations of their jobs. An enjoyable aspect of my job is training and motivating others to achieve their full potential.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is working stringent hours in order to complete the job.

2. "It could be a better place to work for its just the people!!! and the pay"

Pros

insurance starts immediately the work is not hard

Cons

no paid holidays and open every single day except for Christmas because its the owners favorite holiday.. zone leaders are terrible on night shift and there are a lot of "favorites"... pay could be way better actually it is the lowest paying factory in Winchester... very unorganized!! most of the employees are very rude

Advice to Management

Hold safety meetings for your supervisors and a maybe a lesson on how a people are supposed to talk to their employees. There are some good people who will actually come to work everyday and not call in and give problems, but when the zone leaders are very rude to an employee, it can make them not want to work there.

3. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Winchester, VA

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked alongside dedicated and intelligent people always looking for the best way to get their job done. Overall a nice environment. One of my favorite jobs I've had.

Cons

No major cons I can think of!

4. "Unless you can make yourself a part of a small select group you will used and abused"

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Both plants are located in America. with that said it means you have a choice and no one obligates you to stay. The comedy never stops. It's a great place if you are unskilled, don't speak English, or if you have a low standard of living. If you are skilled in a specialized trade with experience monoflo will not recognize it and will not pay in accordance.

Cons

Where do we start??? Unless you are an operator, you will be expected to be available 24/7/365 and if that brings you into over time good luck getting paid. Sometimes you do, too many times not. Your hard work will go unseen.your supervisor will reap the benefits not you. There is no on the job training. They will sell you on this. On the job training is monoflos #1 selling point. It is never true. They never train anyone properly and it usually takes a person about a year or so to realize it but in that time the company has gotten many hours of cheap labor out of you. At this point the person quits and monoflo replaces them with a new sucker. Using all the same smoke screens. Upper management require YES MEN only. If you are a true leader monoflo is not for you. Company policies change overnight at the drop of a dime without notice to the point where you can't even keep track of what the policies are on any given subject. I firmly believe that all of the positive reviews on this site were written by monoflos own human resources. I never really understood the true meaning of being lied to, until I worked for this company. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Until qualified people are put into the proper positions and are not just yes men I don't think anything can be done

Monoflo International Response

Sep 15, 2015 – director

For over forty years of successful and innovative domestic manufacturing, Monoflo has been committed to bettering the lives of our employees through safe working conditions, strong wages and... More

5. "Awesome company!"

Pros

Great company, great benefits and eager owner. Always looking for more business to grow and expand company. Very easy to talk with.

Cons

There are two plants and sometimes things got lost or misunderstood in the communication process. Sending samples via UPS can be expensive and time consuming.

"It is an overall satisfying experience."

Former Employee - Operator
    Former Employee - Operator

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have any major complaints about this company having been with them for over three years before moving on. It is a family. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday, while not looking forward to the work, the people and atmosphere here make it worthwhile. One aspect that impressed me most, once again, were the relationships. It's not uncommon to see a higher leveler employee engaged in a genuine conversation with an operator. I don't believe that you can find this at many other companies, especially in the manufacturing industry,

Cons

On compensation, if you keep your head down and work hard, those in management will take notice. While you will not receive a raise after your first paycheck, as others here have seemed to assume, they will take notice and your situation will change for the better. The work is tough, and from what I've gather here its been more than some could handle; however, that is manufacturing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's ignorant to think that those in management positions cannot learn as they gain experience like everyone else. Throughout my experience at Monoflo, I was satisfied with the leadership and guidance that they afforded to me.

7. "No benefits available to hourly employees, and what was available was not worth having"

I worked at Monoflo International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual environment and that is about it.

Cons

Not happy, not training before sending me to the bulls, but ok to blame me if I did not return with the prize, low pay.

Advice to Management

Don't be so self-centered.

Monoflo International Response

May 6, 2015 – SVP/GM

Monoflo offers a full menu of employer backed health plans for all employees and their families and the plan even includes vision and dental AND actually starts when you start. An annual profit... More

8. "Tough but Great."

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Environment is faced paced, work load demanding and the career experience here is nothing short of truly rewarding. Opportunity to team with industry experts has proved enlightening. Fantastic culture with a focus on working hard, winning and loyalty coupled with being rewarded and a family first mantra.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are some pains associated with daily life. Nothing that can not be overcome and a million times better than the alternative.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture and energy, it is why there has been such success.

9. "Great Company, Great Leadership"

Pros

Lateral organization structure allows for easy lines of communication from top to bottom, consistent re-investment into improving current product base and expanding into new products, avoids the 'corporate' feel despite being a decent sized business supplying products all over the globe, CEO & GM deeply involved with improving processes and procedures, motivated salesforce, performing your job at a high level does not go unnoticed

Cons

While not really a con, the environment is extremely fast paced and can change rapidly so it is certainly not for everyone

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the improvement of existing product base and the development of new products, but also in bringing the right people on board.

10. "Progressive growth oriented company, provides personal satisfaction"

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is positive, Senior Management is easy to both talk to and work with/for. Growth path with new products is challenging but rewarding. This is a good time to be or become a part of Monoflo as the growth affords opportunities for those who are desirous to make a mark using their talents and abilities.

Cons

Growth also results in a shortage of qualified management support at key positions.

Advice to Management

Support middle managers by providing more delegated responsibility and defined limits of authority. Communicate expectations and sit down more frequently with middle managers to both review their results to date and provide direction/training on areas of weakness.