Monoflo International Reviews | Glassdoor

Monoflo International Reviews

Updated 14 Sep 2019

Found 16 reviews

3.6
Monoflo International CEO Henning Rader (no image)
Henning Rader
  1. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many learning opportunities at Monoflo. They have such a strong and dedicated team, which makes going into work everyday fantastic. There are numerous opportunities for growth here, and the senior management really helps you achieve your goals. Monoflo wants you to succeed and they give you the tools to do just that.

Cons

None come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Monoflo International2018-09-20
  2. "Terrible company"

I worked at Monoflo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to leave without using leave

Cons

Everything. This company is absolutely trash. The 'manager' I worked for was family to a high up and had no business being in their position. They treat you like trash, and are threatened by someone who does a better job than their supervisor. Garbage company. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Put people in positions based on qualifications, not who their related too or who they know.

Monoflo International2019-09-15

"It could be a better place to work for its just the people!!! and the pay"

I have been working at Monoflo International

Pros

insurance starts immediately the work is not hard

Cons

no paid holidays and open every single day except for Christmas because its the owners favorite holiday.. zone leaders are terrible on night shift and there are a lot of "favorites"... pay could be way better actually it is the lowest paying factory in Winchester... very unorganized!! most of the employees are very rude

Advice to Management

Hold safety meetings for your supervisors and a maybe a lesson on how a people are supposed to talk to their employees. There are some good people who will actually come to work everyday and not call in and give problems, but when the zone leaders are very rude to an employee, it can make them not want to work there.

Monoflo International2016-10-10
  4. "I'm Doing What I Love!"

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work/life balance is great. Also, most of my co-workers are genuinely wonderful people. Not to mention the high salary and positive benefits. All co-workers are experienced and are very knowledgeable of the expectations of their jobs. An enjoyable aspect of my job is training and motivating others to achieve their full potential.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is working stringent hours in order to complete the job.

Monoflo International2016-06-23
  5. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Winchester, VA

I worked at Monoflo International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked alongside dedicated and intelligent people always looking for the best way to get their job done. Overall a nice environment. One of my favorite jobs I've had.

Cons

No major cons I can think of!

Monoflo International2016-06-23

"Unless you can make yourself a part of a small select group you will used and abused"

I worked at Monoflo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Both plants are located in America. with that said it means you have a choice and no one obligates you to stay. The comedy never stops. It's a great place if you are unskilled, don't speak English, or if you have a low standard of living. If you are skilled in a specialized trade with experience monoflo will not recognize it and will not pay in accordance.

Cons

Where do we start??? Unless you are an operator, you will be expected to be available 24/7/365 and if that brings you into over time good luck getting paid. Sometimes you do, too many times not. Your hard work will go unseen.your supervisor will reap the benefits not you. There is no on the job training. They will sell you on this. On the job training is monoflos #1 selling point. It is never true. They never train... anyone properly and it usually takes a person about a year or so to realize it but in that time the company has gotten many hours of cheap labor out of you. At this point the person quits and monoflo replaces them with a new sucker. Using all the same smoke screens. Upper management require YES MEN only. If you are a true leader monoflo is not for you. Company policies change overnight at the drop of a dime without notice to the point where you can't even keep track of what the policies are on any given subject. I firmly believe that all of the positive reviews on this site were written by monoflos own human resources. I never really understood the true meaning of being lied to, until I worked for this company. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Until qualified people are put into the proper positions and are not just yes men I don't think anything can be done

Monoflo International2015-09-02

Monoflo International Response

September 15, 2015director

For over forty years of successful and innovative domestic manufacturing, Monoflo has been committed to bettering the lives of our employees through safe working conditions, strong wages and benefits, a culture of respect, personal pride and growth, and continuous improvement. At ...

7. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Monoflo International

Pros

Great company, great benefits and eager owner. Always looking for more business to grow and expand company. Very easy to talk with.

Cons

There are two plants and sometimes things got lost or misunderstood in the communication process. Sending samples via UPS can be expensive and time consuming.

Monoflo International2015-05-24

"It is an overall satisfying experience."

Former Employee - Operator

I worked at Monoflo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't have any major complaints about this company having been with them for over three years before moving on. It is a family. I truly enjoyed going to work everyday, while not looking forward to the work, the people and atmosphere here make it worthwhile. One aspect that impressed me most, once again, were the relationships. It's not uncommon to see a higher leveler employee engaged in a genuine conversation... with an operator. I don't believe that you can find this at many other companies, especially in the manufacturing industry,

Cons

On compensation, if you keep your head down and work hard, those in management will take notice. While you will not receive a raise after your first paycheck, as others here have seemed to assume, they will take notice and your situation will change for the better. The work is tough, and from what I've gather here its been more than some could handle; however, that is manufacturing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It's ignorant to think that those in management positions cannot learn as they gain experience like everyone else. Throughout my experience at Monoflo, I was satisfied with the leadership and guidance that they afforded to me.

Monoflo International2015-02-17

"No benefits available to hourly employees, and what was available was not worth having"

I worked at Monoflo International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual environment and that is about it.

Cons

Not happy, not training before sending me to the bulls, but ok to blame me if I did not return with the prize, low pay.

Advice to Management

Don't be so self-centered.

Monoflo International2015-03-06

Monoflo International Response

May 6, 2015SVP/GM

Monoflo offers a full menu of employer backed health plans for all employees and their families and the plan even includes vision and dental AND actually starts when you start. An annual profit sharing plan, paid vacations or PTO and a matching 401k plan round out the benefit package ...

10. "Tough but Great."

I have been working at Monoflo International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Environment is faced paced, work load demanding and the career experience here is nothing short of truly rewarding. Opportunity to team with industry experts has proved enlightening. Fantastic culture with a focus on working hard, winning and loyalty coupled with being rewarded and a family first mantra.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are some pains associated with daily life. Nothing that can not be overcome and a million times better than the alternative.

Advice to Management

Continue the culture and energy, it is why there has been such success.

Monoflo International2014-05-19