Monoprice Reviews | Glassdoor

Bernard Luthi

"Product manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager, Audio in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Monoprice full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Exciting Fast Paced Environment. Management is very approachable Great commute from my house, easy 20 min drive Get to work with new Gadgets everyday

Cons

Use to have free sodas Our neighbors complain when I am testing new speakers Other departments complain when I am testing new speakers

Advice to Management

Get me a sound proof room.

2. "Low pay, but easy work and good working hours."

Former Employee - Picker/Packer

I worked at Monoprice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work was fairly straightforward, not too demanding. Work schedule was good, able to have a life outside of work.

Cons

Drug addicts everywhere. Thieves everywhere. Order volumes were largely inconsistent, which caused some folks to be sent home early and lose hours. Benefits were expensive considering the low, non-competitive pay.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of screening applicants. Use some of your in-house products to implement a loss control system. Be realistic with the pay rate- you get what/who you pay for.

3. "Shipping clerk"

I worked at Monoprice full-time

Pros

simple and straight forward

Cons

Low pay, expected to take on lots of tasks

Advice to Management

Raise pay rate

• "If you’re an eployee with integrity please don’t apply"

Former Employee - NONE in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Monoprice full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Growing company, fair pay and decent benefits.

Cons

No diversity Workplace intolerance of many kinds Seniority isn’t regardevery immature staff from HR and down Colonized working environment

Advice to Management

Reconnect with your employees, encourage more communication between departments, and check your own attitude towards your inferiors who are different than yourself.

• "Decent job"

Current Employee - RMA Repair Tech in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Monoprice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bosses are pretty easy going.

Cons

work can get monotonous sometimes

Advice to Management

none

"Use to be good not so much anymore"

• Overall

I have been working at Monoprice full-time

Pros

I have a job

Cons

Lots of favoritism. Directors and VPs constantly changing forms and policies. Makes the staff feel like we have a unsecure job.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism...it's awkwardly noticeable and unprofessional. Secret 1:1 meetings behind closed doors gets old. Be open about news the nvolves the company as whole instead of leaking information out only to certain individuals. More support and guidance from some VPs

"Fast paced, underdog who is disrupting technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Monoprice for more than 2 years

Pros

Playing with products everyday that would make any geek jealous. We are a relatively small company (by Tech standards), but we consistently step-up and beat the big guys with better products, pricing, marketing and support - and our customers love us for that. Anything from our AV gear to our 3D printers. We are some of the biggest users of our own products - everyone here get an employee discount (on top of already...

Cons

I buy too much stuff here. It takes a significant chunk out of my paycheck, but I have one of the best AV set-ups in my neighborhood.

Advice to Management

Company is going through an ownership transition this year. We need to make sure to not let that slow down the team's progress.

"Company with Huge Potential"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Monoprice full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Amazing product flexibility... Patch Cables, HDMI, Lightning Cables, DP cables, 3D Printers, Outdoor Product, Cycling and so many more! As a product company, Monoprice knows how to offer the necessities, the essentials, and the fun.

Cons

Heavily weighted in upper management, actual workforce has been slimmed down. Makes for large workloads, busy and long days. Needs logistical help in this age of Amazon shipping.

Advice to Management

Allow for change, and be comfortable with challenges from your external and internal customers.

• "Building a future"

I have been working at Monoprice full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Monoprice is a manufacturer and ecommerce website rolled into one and that creates opportunities and challenges and never a dull day. Products are great and we're entering lots of new categores and getting the name out but we still have much to do. Never a lack of work or challenges but good group of coworkers and engaged team. Company is getting good PR and reviews which i think will create greater opportunities. Lots...

Cons

Lots of challenges as we're a growing company and that often times means long hours and limited resources but you pick your battles and move forward. Would agree with other posts that a nicer office and a little more investment would go a long way.

Advice to Management

More smart people!!

• "Change is coming..."

I have been working at Monoprice full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Great people at all levels - Slowly moving the company culture in the right direction - Open interaction with all levels (entry - executive) - Competitive benefits

Cons

- Lots of changes happening, not sure if they'll be for the better - Preexisting management doesn't seem like they've completely bought in to the new direction - No more free soda & bottled water

Found 26 reviews