Monro Muffler Brake Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.0
Brett Ponton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I recently returned from Las Vegas on an all expense paid vacation by Monro for my hard work I do for them (in 7 reviews)

• Pay for performance, talent carries a person far, (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, ungrateful upper management, if you want to be just a number this is the company for you (in 19 reviews)

• The employees feel that upper Management steals from them and the Employees steal right back in open view (in 17 reviews)

1. "Where effort pays!"

Current Employee - Zone Manager
    Current Employee - Zone Manager

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a big company, but it's operated like a small one. Everyone has a voice, regardless of their position. Anyone willing to work hard and achieve the desired results is paid well.

Cons

I'd like to see more store growth in the Midwest.

2. "Get what you give"

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for performance, talent carries a person far,

Cons

Only 2 weeks vacation for several years, Pay for performance makes getting raises slow

Advice to Management

Do not turn into "everyone else" and become a rubber stamp of the rest of the retail automotive industry. The frugal culture made Monro what it is.

3. "Market Manager"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake (More than 3 years)

Pros

None... Absolutely no pro's horrible company to work for, no work life balance, no holiday pay, limited vacation time it's all about the sales and nothing more.

Cons

Long hours, ungrateful upper management, if you want to be just a number this is the company for you. Plenty of good jobs available for seasoned techs this is not one of them. Michigan market is a joke!!!!!

Advice to Management

Go to church on Sunday and repent, oh sorry I forgot your open on Sunday's.

4. "AST1"

Current Employee - Ast Manager
    Current Employee - Ast Manager

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great start into the automotive field for up and coming mechanics. Great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business. I have met some of the best technicians who work hard despite pay structure and take great pride in their work.

Cons

Lack of pay structure for season vets. Poor Incentive structure. Out of date equipment. Lack of On the job Training outside of other techs showing you things. Terrible prices forcing managers to lie to make sales. Vast system overly complicated for basic point of sales and part quoting. Refusal of installation of customers parts turns away a huge profit on the side of labor.

Advice to Management

Create a waiver for customer who choose to purchase their own parts. Experience techs should be making no less than 15 dollars and hour. At no point should local businesses who do considerably less than our techs, be on a higher paying wage. Market Managers and Store Managers are great at least the ones i have met.

5. "Nothing good"

I worked at Monro Muffler Brake full-time

Pros

You can meet some nice people.

Cons

Management is about themselves. They are all friends. The non-management long timers get bitter trying to stomach it.

Advice to Management

You deserve everything bad that might happen to you.

6. "Now they want managers to post false reviews on Google and here"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good to say worst company to.work for. All lies and work 70 hours a week

Cons

So I work for Monro as a manager and my job is being threatened if I don't do google reviews my market manager said that if me and my techs don't start making fake reviews that I will not have a job much longer

Advice to Management

Go outnof buisness and burn all you old smelly dump stores tomthe groumd

"Not to happy"

Current Employee - Tech in Leominster, MA
    Current Employee - Tech in Leominster, MA

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The leominster ma store is great they run the store great

Cons

The head quarters doesn't care about their employees at all I have not got my check in a week they told me Fri didn't come in they said Saturday didn't come in now Monday won't come In caus it's a holiday I'm not happy working for a company that you put in 50 plus hours and have no life your life is this bissness it's not fair by the time you get your check you work 50 plus hours and make almost nothing they need to start caring about their employees or they will go under

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and they need to start paying more and give time off

"A nightmare of a company"

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They talk a big game it’s like these guys went through a hustler seminar

Cons

Every holiday, sometimes pay checks don’t come til a week or two later and you have to call corporate numerous times to get them to mail you a check wages are extremely low and lots of accidental mess ups in payroll dept. Managers are poorly informed of changes so can’t educate there techs

Advice to Management

Sell to a company who can handle the work load in your corporate office or outsource the task. Be more competitive on pay so I can hire good techs and pretend like you care when a problem arises your district managers need more training. Invest in the right help and you’re customers will come.

"Worst corporate management ever"

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are none. The local shops can be alright, but they're at the mercy of Corporate

Cons

First paper checks (before direct deposit can be turned on) took over a month to make it to me. Then they slacked on setting up my direct deposit so I had to take several paper checks which were all a month behind. They mailed them from corporate without any postal tracking and could only say, "checks in the mail". Promises reimbursement for ASE Certs. Never happened. Promised a raise with ASE certs. Never happened. If you need corporate for insurance, benefits, works comp, etc, you're screwed. You'll only ever get to talk to a voicemail.

They don't pay their flat rate techs within the legal time frame for the work they did. I've done a large job, and they won't pay me for it until the customer or warranty company pays, which can be months. They constantly short time on my check. Our shop system will show I did the work, but corporate won't include it on the check.

Shops are dirty, poorly run, with broken equipment all the time. They have poor customer service too.

"Stay away!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fall River, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Fall River, MA

I have been working at Monro Muffler Brake full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It seems that you can no call no show as much as you want and keep your job here so job security I guess

Cons

Coworkers don't show up to work, no support from upper management, shop equipment is shoddy at best, Monro will burn you out and make you quit

Advice to Management

Hire a floating manager, support your stores, stop making false promises