Monster Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

1.9
Monster Inc CEO Noel Lee
Noel Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people trying to turn the company around" (in 16 reviews)

• "Anyone who has worked at Monster knows that there are a lot of fun people that work there" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work life balance and only one way to do things" (in 19 reviews)

• "High expectations, no execution, no work/life balance, unnecessary stress, some people are in the wrong shoes and don’t know what they’re doing" (in 9 reviews)

"Made me who I am."

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with moved mountains. This place taught me so many things, the least I can do is give back 5 stars. The people on my team made the difference.

Cons

Too much time has passed for me to say anything negative. Years later, I choose to remember the good times.

Advice to Management

Not everyone can be their own champion. Positive encouragement beyond being good business is just the right thing to do.

"Good Riddance"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of good people that work there that made it bearable to come to work every day.

Cons

Chaos from Noel on down in management. He treated everyone like crap. Got rid of the good executives and kept the crappy ones that didnt know what they were doing. Hopefully they all got let go

Advice to Management

Its too late as the company is in a death spiral. Good riddance as the company turned rotten

"Great place to grow, learn and contribute"

I worked at Monster Inc full-time

Pros

It once had the best group of CE professionals around. A team of all-stars that have gone on to be be very successful in other CE companies. It was a great place to learn and participate especially if you're in sales or marketing.

Cons

Talent is not appreciated enough and people are very overworked. This caused major turnover of some incredibly talented people.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward those who giving it their all to help the company succeed. Treat employees well and appreciate their efforts.

"Need to Change Status Quo"

I worked at Monster Inc full-time

Pros

Good people, but not necessarily in the right roles.

Cons

No work life balance and only one way to do things.

Advice to Management

Listen to those with experiences outside of current business. Doing business the same way you've always done it, doesn't work when business is going south. There is more than one way to win!

"you have work there to believe it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A strong company culture that is unfortunately not adjusting to market changes

Cons

too many $$ spread with no ROI

Advice to Management

Listen and trust your employees

"Toxic Company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ces, Travel, good medical benefits

Cons

Noel needs to retire. He still sees Monster in the beats era and to most big retailers and consumers under 30 monster is irrelevant. Leadership passes the buck and doesn’t take accountability for issues. Supply chain, marketing, and legacy thinking is the reason the company continues to suffer. Monster needs leaders who care about their people and customers above themselves

Advice to Management

There are some good members on the Monster team who are very loyal take care of them. Don’t just promote people who kiss Noel’s butt. You need leaders who put their employees and customers first.

"Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Suppy Chain in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Suppy Chain in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No Pro’s at all, all the good people are gone

Cons

Egomaniac CEO that things he knows it all. Willing to kill the company instead of listening to his former executives and advisors

Advice to Management

God save anyone left working in that place

"The worst! Stay away."

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have nothing positive to share. The last 3 years were the absolute worst experience of my life. No home / work balance.

Cons

Management, especially the COO. This is a highly unethical company. Do your online research and see for yourself. Stay away!

Advice to Management

You should care of the employees that stood by you during tough times.

9. "AMD and special projects"

Former Employee - AMD and MTeam in Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - AMD and MTeam in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging. Great benefits fast paced atmosphere. I worked directly for Noel for several years. I learned a lot from him. The bad things people say about him are largely due to them not being able to meet Noel’s expectations. If you are going to be successful working with him you have to be good. At the top of your game all the time. If not, you will be chewed up and spit out. That’s what I saw. I was right there to see it first hand. The thing with Noel is that he is either the best person you have ever worked for or the worst. It all depends on you. He is extreme. And he gets extreme results. Good or bad. Not much room for mediocrity. I loved my time there.

Cons

Personal time gets taken up with work if you let it.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way.

"Not for professionals."

Former Employee - Marketing in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefit as a full time employee, that’s all.

Cons

You are working with dictatorship.
    People around the ruler are good as a ‘yes person’, or people who know nothing about business but pretending to.
    You will see someone dressing up fancy in luxury clothing pretend to be a celebrity walking around and doing nothing.
    They will come up with ideas that doesn’t generate income or any value and if the ruler likes it, all employee will need to work on that last minute project to make it happen. There is no actual weekend for you.
    There is a well-written review about the transition. Yes there is a transition, but unlike regular business. It will be from a top audio company with heritages and histories, to a gambling business with nothing related to audio. If you are good with hassle and harassment, Monster will be a good fit for you.
    If you are fine with late payment or no payment at all for all people you have contracted, you will be fine here.
    Please do some research on the name of the owner and partners. There were a lot of news about them. You will be surprised.

Advice to Management

Please don’t hurt good people, or any people at all. Being rich doesn’t give you the right to bully your employees.