Monster Worldwide Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

"Monster is coming back"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

New leadership team committed to a renewed strategy. Talented people being hired at all levels. Flexible environment.

Cons

Still turning around. Many changes means fatigue for those who have been here a while.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees. Need to provide merit when possible.

"Great people, Noble Purpose & Compensation"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Household brand struggling to regain it's place in a highly competitive space. Sales people have a number of solutions to address their clients business drivers including RPO services, Cloud/SaaS solutions and a robust digital recruitment and media offering.

Cons

Perception of the value proposition as a "job board" with performance challenges rather than an understanding of the true scope of services offered to clients. Volatility and lack of clarity around go-to-market strategy. No CEO or experienced executive leadership team.

"Incompetence Abounds at Monster Worldwide"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Weston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Weston, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll leave on time and you'll never work nights...

Cons

I've worked for several organizations throughout my career and Monster is right near the top as far as most poorly run. Upper management has no idea what they're doing, there is no pride in work, the culture is a disgrace, product managers have no idea what customers want and have no interest in asking because they think they know everything. The sales people are some of the laziest I have ever worked with and they have about 1000 too many of them. Monster never diversified and fell so far behind their competition that they will probably never recover which is why they were purchased for next to nothing by Randstad. I was there for 2 years and after just a few short months I knew major changes would eventually come and that I would be laid off. Like Nostradamus, I was correct.

Advice to Management

Get rid of 90% of your salesforce and beef up inside sales. This is a product that really doesn't need hundreds of sales people. Fire all of the product managers because they have zero idea what customers need or want. Look up the definition of benchmarking. Find more ways to get your employees motivated. When you have layoffs and you don't let go of the people that have been there 10, 15 or even more years (the root of the problem) then you show just how clueless you are. Same people, making the same decisions and expecting different results...the definition of insanity. In this day and age if you don't have 24/7 tech support you have no business being in business. Consolidate all of your customer service teams under one roof; it makes no sense to have them scattered about the country especially when some people in Weston report to people in Indy, that's absurd. Get rid of your tiered levels of customer service. Start having more career planning with your employees. You can't go years without raises and expect to attract and/or keep qualified employees. If you're going to lay people off, at least try to be professional about it; the way they did it was unprofessional and disrespectful to everyone involved; including the people that stayed behind. I could go on and on but I doubt it would make any difference; I doubt that Monster will survive much longer as it was constituted because they waited far too long to make changes. I have no doubt that Randstad just purchased Monster for name only and the new Monster will be a shell of what it was during its glory days.

"Talent Fusion new director is horrible-employees have no trust in him"

Current Employee - Talent Fusion Recruiter in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - Talent Fusion Recruiter in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time

Pros

Nice building, good food in the cafeteria.

Cons

Everyone is paranoid, no trust, employees are miserable

Advice to Management

Don't continue to hire senior people with no skills or interest in the employees they manage. Talent Fusion was great-now it's a joke and all of us are miserable.

"Unstable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and good work environment

Cons

Very Unstable management and no security for employees in current situation

"IRC"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people relaxed work atmosphere. Great before Sal And his cronies ruined the company. Randstad bought and cleaned house. Company on bored time.

Cons

Weak management. Company got ruined by corporate greed.

Advice to Management

Be less shiftless and lazy. No opportunity for advancement and everyone is on egg shells.

"Stay Far Away"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Even though the Management of this company is the worst I have ever seen, the mid and low level employees are some of the best people I have ever met. Not sure how they keep their positive attitudes in such a toxic environment.

Cons

This is a company going down hill very fast. Each time they miss their numbers, another round of layoffs is scheduled. They continue to hire new leaders and pay them more money than they have ever made before thinking this is the solution. I do feel bad for the people still there.

Advice to Management

Treat people like human beings and not a number on a spreadsheet. The solution is not always to lay off people if you have 1 or 2 bad quarters. And maybe don't pay so much for all these new "leaders". I give the company 2-3 years at best.

"Find Better"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Franklin, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Franklin, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Monster has great work life balance for field Account Executive and Account managers. If you hit your OTE and the company decides to pay you - you can make some money

Cons

Leadership changes quarterly, lack of strategy, products are not working, lack of direction and realistic expectations of growth and improvements. There has been limited marketing for many years and have just started to invest in marketing campaigns - seems too little to late.

"Company with a long journey back to profitability"

Former Employee - Manager in Weston, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Weston, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    New leadership capable of making hard(right) decisions (after prior leadership refused to see the changing market)
    New parent company is a global leader in staffing

Cons

5 years revenue decline, no bonuses paid out during that time. Multiple waves of layoffs in 2017 as new parent company tries to fix the balance sheet.

Advice to Management

Stop tweaking the product portfolio (job ad, premium job ads, super job ads, etc.) It's time to make a hard turn toward new products/services. Start listening to clients!

"Monster Worldwide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Talented people
    - Fast paced environment

Cons

- Continuous layoffs
    - Purchased by a larger company
    - Product is becoming dated

Advice to Management

Be more respectful to employees. Provide more guidance in order to have a unified vision. Encourage more open communication.