Monster Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Monster Worldwide Reviews

Updated June 30, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Communications from upper management wasn't always timely (in 32 reviews)

• Work Life Balance is not a priority (in 12 reviews)

"Preferred agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed and laid back environment.

Cons

Awful pay with no incentives or bonuses. The internal hiring process is totally ridiculous.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and has always allowed for career growth.

Cons

Multiple reorganizations has caused downturn in morale.

"Get what you put into it"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is moving in right direction - but you get what you put into the job, selling a well known brand.

Cons

Negative attitudes which are slowly clearing themselves out due to fear of the world changing around them with leadership. Everyone else looking for someone to blame, when the truth is 90% of it is on the rep.

"A Company Committed to Her Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great income potential and a very progressive work environment. This company has gone through a ton of changes over the past couple years and have set themselves up to succeed. New products, new ways to sell- this company is all about innovation!!!

Cons

I don't see this as a negative, but the job is challenging. They don't pay the staff to sit around and play on the internet. While the compensation is good, I would like to see a more simplified pay plan. You guys have solid marketing, I just wish we had more!!!

Advice to Management

Keep the course. Innovation and change never comes easy- in fact it can feel very painful. You have a great staff- keep believing in us and we will give you the world!!!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Florence, SC

I have been working at Monster Worldwide (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for with great benefits.

Cons

High quotas, performance improvement plan (PIP) is used to threaten employees with termination instead of helping them secure their job.

Advice to Management

No comment

"Great group of people"

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel a lot of camaraderie with my team and the other people that I have worked with. For the most part, everyone is willing to help to achieve the same goals. Some fun office-wide events have been scheduled this summer. I hope they continue doing that through the year.

Cons

No company-wide compensation changes/raises is a tough pill to swallow. I've work some long hours sometimes, which is tiring, but the fun events and sometimes flexible hours give me the enthusiasm to keep going.

Advice to Management

Advise that they really consider raises soon. You don't want to lose good people who are dedicated to Monster b/c they can easily find a better offer somewhere else.

7. "Great internship, some good perks, trying to be innovative"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Weston, MA
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really 3.5 stars. As an intern, you get involved in actual projects that the team your placed in is working on. Your assigned a mentor, who guides you and essentially becomes your number one resource throughout the summer. I really loved getting to work in a team with other interns on our own project as well because it gave us a chance to do something creative, our own, and that could actually be implemented at Monster down the road. Pool table, ping pong, walking trails. and cheap food!

Cons

Some of the work can be very boring and tedious, but it's like that in any internship. There's a ping pong/pool room with a wii, but it almost feels like its frowned upon by some managers to take a break and go in there. I definitely see what many other past reviewers felt - Monster is definitely trying to be forward thinking and innovative by coming out with new products and they have come a long way from before, but there's a lot of upper management and people throughout the company thinking uber traditionally, holding the company back from really achieving what it could.

Advice to Management

Listen to the advice from newer employees/management you bring in. They are seeing the company with new eyes and have fresh ideas that Monster could probably benefit a lot from actually taking into consideration.

8. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Weston, MA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Weston, MA

Pros

The hourly salary is great and the material is interesting.

Cons

Commute is a bit tough

9. "Great Learning Experience"

Current Intern - Intern in Weston, MA
    Current Intern - Intern in Weston, MA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

For me it's the people. There are bright minds and great personalities regardless of what department you are in. From day one I was able to interact not only with my manager and fellow interns but with upper management as well.

The company is in a state of change at present. This is a good thing! Monster is beginning to focus more so on developing its internal products in order to increase its revenue base instead of acquiring myriad companies. For me it is a great time to be at Monster as I am able to work on a number of these products.

Cons

Monster is a bit management heavy at times. It often takes permission from several levels of management in order to get the OK to complete a simple task. Interning here I am beginning to see a change in this structure and the company as a whole is becoming more nimble.

Advice to Management

Don't focus on re-branding through your corporate image. In the internet age products speak for themselves. Keep building amazing products and never stop innovating and watch the company reap the rewards.

Give Software engineers more leeway to "play" with the API, GUI and other aspects of our UX. These are incredibly bright individuals who need to create beautiful web pages, not get hung up on corporate policy.

"I love my job, I chose it and happy with my choice."

Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager in Florence, SC

Pros

The company is headed in a very positive direction. No job is perfect but it's all about your perspective. Your choice of whether the glass is half full or half empty. Your choice to work there and your choice to make the best of that decision.

Cons

Petty people trying to spoil it for the rest of us who have positive outlooks on what we CHOSE as a career. We can't expect perfection in a place when we ourselves aren't perfect beings.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. I appreciate how successful you've helped me become.