Montash Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Roy Dungworth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Worked at Montash for more than a year"

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Fun and Supportive environment that encourages you to do well
    Nice people
    Good commission
    Great location
    Reward achievement
    Drinks after work
    Good training
    Promotions

Cons

Need to get on with it, but if you do the results and commission will come

Advice to Management

Would like the opportunity to work abroad

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive, professional, structured and they have a clear strategy of where they are heading and how I can be part of it. I joined 11 months ago and there’s lots of positive change. Lots of people are new, new MD who knows his stuff, new leaders and new teams. It’s got a great vibe. Really sales focused but not crazy KPI that make you tick boxes. They’re SMART. They’ll teach you high value KPI. Also they’re massive on Service, Relationships and Knowledge which is the MDs ethos. We have weekly communications, league tables, incentives and I actually enjoy coming into work. I never thought I’d write that!! Lol

Cons

It’s a sales environment so you want to be surrounded by motivated people but I sometimes see the odd person not focused or not working hard for success and it annoys me. The training wasn’t great when I arrived but that’s changed massively in the last 12 months - lots of 121 or group sessions. I think we could have more inter-team competitions maybe.

Advice to Management

Make sure you give the new people time. I’ve been here 11 months and only now have I started to do deals. It takes time to build relationships and knowledge, which is your ethos, so give people time to do it. Also please don’t retain people who can’t do the job or don’t really want to - it’s not good. That said I dont see too many people who can’t do it - but some need a bit more of a kick!!

3. "Career, training, fun and reward"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Old Street, England (UK)

I have been working at Montash full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with montash for a number of years and have really enjoyed my time. I have seen the company grow and with it I have grown. The people here are great, very helpful and supportive.

Breakfast on Fridays
    Fruit bowl
    Promotions
    Good training and support
    Fun environment

Cons

Can't think of any major ones. Recruitment can be tough as there is a lot of effort required but that's the industry...

Advice to Management

Keep on growing, keep on investing in staff and lots of training pls.

4. "Great company.... Highly recommended"

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Montash are a forward thinking company that are becoming a real player in the recruitment industry. Since bringing in Roy as MD they have implemented a clear strategy that allows a strategic path to market. A great place for consultants to learn and grow, fantastic commission structure, industry leading incentives, flexible working hours and nicely located in the heart of London.

Montash have implemented a leadership team that care deeply about their teams and the business as a whole. This type of passion is rare to find.

Cons

There aren't any negatives that I can think of. I left for personal reasons.

Advice to Management

Roy - keep doing what your doing, people on the market are talking more and more about Montash and I know that in the very near future you will be a major player on all fronts.

5. "A new but old player"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Old Street, England (UK)

I have been working at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Training and Development for all levels
    - A Culture that celebrates and drives success
    - Autonomous environment
    - A clear strategy and 5 year plan that the business is bought into

Cons

-Recruitment is a results based business that if you have the right motivation and drive can lead to huge rewards

Advice to Management

The MD has a clear plan in place. Keep pushing quality and the business will keep growing.

Jun 5, 2017 – Employer Response

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Montash is delighted to hear such positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel about Montash.

"Don't be fooled! All the good reviews are fake!!!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Montash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location
    Colleagues (not management)
    IT industry
    Nice kitchen
    Accounts team

Cons

All the good reviews on here are fake. I know of some consultants (managements' favourites) to wtite good reviews about them. The marketing at Montash also puts up fake reviews as I've heard directly from my manager. They are fooling people, listen to people who are/have worked here, the negative reviews are not fake, they are real stories of how people are being atreated by this horrible organisation. If this place was so great, then why are people leaving so fast? I know of people planning to leave in the next few weeks and months. They don't build careers here they build conveyor belt robots. Its all about money for them not ethics or how they treat their staff. I have been continuesly lied to from day one, all that was promised in my interview, appraisal has not materialised and yet I have hit every target and achieved every goal. MD at Montash wake up and smell the coffee, you're not running a great company here, you're running a factory of robots.

Also notice how to every negative review there are about two positive reviews in response to their bad review.

Advice to Management

The senior management need to start listening to its staff and deliver on promises and not feed them lies.

Jul 3, 2017 – Employer Response

Montash is very sorry you feel this way and if you would like to discuss this further then please contact us at info@montash.com.

7. "Look around before you settle for Montash."

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free fruits.
    Free breakfast on Friday's.
    Back Office Team.
    Location.

Cons

Only consider joining Montash if you have experience recruiting in highly KPI driven agency. There are plenty of recruitment agencies around that will support you and help set you up for success in this field (through the good and bad days) - but I wouldn't consider Montash as one of those agencies.
    Montash is very results driven; if you're billing, you're fine. As soon as you have a few bad months, you can pretty much start packing your bags. Associates are disposable to them so you can imagine how high staff turnover is.

It isn't all bad though. If you're lucky to fall within Martin or Matt's Team, leverage their wealth of knowledge in recruitment and their market. They're both amazing managers but there's only so much they can do to support you. Ultimately money speaks louder so you need to continuously bill.

Jul 3, 2017 – Employer Response

Morning, thank you for your feedback and Montash and if you would like to discuss further please contact us directly at info@montash.com. Please note that the Montash management team are open to hear... More

"Theres alot better out there"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

some of the consultants are really nice

Cons

No strategy, no route to market, no training or development,
    No retention with clients,
    MD makes it up all up as he goes along.
    SO much better recruitment companies to work for.

Jun 19, 2017 – Employer Response

Hi, thank you for the feedback and Montash is very sorry that you feel this way. If you would like to discuss further please email us at info@montash.com.

9. "Great Company to work for !!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Old Street, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Montash nearly 3 years, they taught me everything to know about recruitment. Great company to work for, great people and very supportive - with lots of incentives !!

Cons

Nothing, left due to personal reasons.

Advice to Management

keep it up!!

"Montash are going places... fast!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Old Street, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent managing director who has joined from the Adecco group. Roy has brought in lots of new ideas for the best and I truly believe Montash will be a big player in the game in a few years time.

Montash are growing very quickly and making some key hires acrosd the floor with lots of experience. By 2020 they would have opened offices globally. Exciting times ahead...

Cons

No cons. I left for personal reasons...
    Location for me wasn't the best but that obviously comes down to preference.

Advice to Management

Since joining montash, Roy has also brought in a management team that sit across on the floor. Keep up the good work guys!