Montash Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roy Dungworth

1. "Great company, Great people, Going places fast!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent working environment, very down to earth and approachable management team, very professional yet adult place to work.

Cons

Left due to moving abroad, not anything to do with the company.

Advice to Management

While big expansion is occuring and that's exciting, try to keep the spirit and ethos which makes Montash stand out.

"Dont bother"

Pros

cant think of any atm

Cons

long hours, poor jobs, reward favoruties etc

Advice to Management

stop lying to eeryone

3. "A great company for helping you grow"

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great 'classroom-style' & at desk training
    Buzzing & energetic sales environment
    Work hard, play hard ethos
    A meritocracy
    Experience, supportive senior management
    Exceptional back office function

Cons

Any small problems there were are actually being resolved since the new MD has come in
    Before leaving there was talk of upgrading all the infrastructure, databases & other tools

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - I will stay in touch and look forward to hearing all the positive news!

5. "Great environment to learn and develop"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of time is allocated to training and development which is especially useful for graduates who are new to this market and style of working.
    Senior Management are approachable and the company structure encourages a collaborative approach to any hurdles.
    The team are energetic and helpful, I have really enjoyed my time working here.

Cons

Not exclusive to Montash but London living in general, if you are relocating from another area of the country make sure to take time to find accommodation which is affordable, for graduates it may take a few months before you start billing and it is expensive to live here.

Advice to Management

Happy that the management are doing a good job, regular individual and group meetings encourage the team to communicate, and address most issues easily.

6. "Good Opportunity"

Former Employee - Accounts and Office Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Accounts and Office Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Montash was very helpful in helping me to develop at my own pace. The team I worked in was very supportive and gave me every opportunity to gain more responsibility and experience. This helped me to become a more productive member of the team.

I believe this is a great place to work for all levels of people and have enjoyed my time with Montash greatly.

Cons

Recruitment is fast paced so there is a high turn over of staff

Advice to Management

Keep working to grow the brand

7. "A great experience"

Former Employee - Apprentice
    Former Employee - Apprentice

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast on a Friday, great back office function and good progression for apprentices.

I enjoyed my time at Montash as an apprentice and was sad to leave to pursue new interests.

As an apprentice coming into the business; I was able to double my salary in a year and was given opportunity to grow into numerous roles.

Also, I had a number of personal issues at the beginning of the year and my manager went above and beyond to help me get back on the right track.

Andy and the senior management were always on the sales floor and approachable if you had a question or a concern.

Cons

A high turnover of staff. A preference for hiring graduates rather than experienced recruiters.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and best of luck to Roy.

8. "Fantastic opportunity"

Former Employee - Recruitnent Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitnent Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment
    Hard working
    Supportive
    Kind
    Honest
    Credible
    Brilliant training

Cons

Recruitment is demanding and therefor not as flexible as other industries the company is as flexible as it can be

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, always keep the core values and good luck

9. "A great place to have started a career in recruitment."

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Montash provides a meritocratic environment where you will get rewarded fairly for your achievements. You will be expected to work hard for little reward when you start but will get a good level of support in order to get you up and running and reaping the benefits of your achievements (good commission structure, lunch clubs, holiday incentives....) as well as a clear promotion structure.

There have been good steps taken in building a more mature work environment, although it is still becoming ingrained in the culture and needs to be upheld by staff and management alike moving forwards.

Overall, Montash has been a great place to work and as someone new to the recruitment industry it was a great place to start!!

Cons

The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers.
    Relatively high turnover of staff, some good some bad, but it makes continuity and progression for the company challenging and can be quite disruptive.

Advice to Management

Continue developing good people and maturing the work environment. It's not easy to find the right people, and not everyone works out, but retention of staff could be improved.

"Don't join...we're itching to leave"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Old Street, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Old Street, England (UK)

I have been working at Montash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Table tennis table
    Free breakfast on Fridays
    Beer on Fridays
    30 second walk from the tube
    Free fruit deliveries on Mondays

Cons

CEO
    Promise of progression and opportunity that never delivers
    Below market rate salaries
    No trust in employees
    Long hours, no flexibility

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff

"I loved every minute of it"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Montash full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined Montash as a researcher with no recruitment experience and wasn't quite sure what to expect. After nearly 7 years I have recently left and it has been amazing.

Clearly recruitment, and for that matter Montash, isn't for everyone but if you are hard working, motivated, driven, competitive and willing to strive to succeed then Montash can train you to be an excellent recruitment consultant with great business understanding. You only have to look at the employees that have left in recent years and either landed senior roles in well respected competitors or set up their own businesses to see that this is true. Or equally speak to the directors of other agencies that have hired ex-Montash employees and sing their praises for being exceptional. However as I mentioned, recruitment and Montash are not for everyone and there are plenty of people who didn't like the work ethic, didn't like the competitive environment or simply didn't have the right skill set to succeed in recruitment.

If you work hard, listen and learn then opportunities will open up for you quicker than they could anywhere else. It is a pure meritocratic environment where excellent is celebrated and rewarded and mediocrity is passed over.

If you are hard working, driven, competitive and eloquent then Montash is well worth looking in to. It just might be the best decision you make. I

Cons

Sometimes great staff leave to go elsewhere. Sometimes people who are unsuited to recruitment get hired despite the companies best efforts. Sometimes average, or poor, recruitment consultants are reluctant to admit that their talent might lie elsewhere. Communication could be improved between senior management and all other levels of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart, driven, hungry, hard working individuals from apprentice level up to senior management level. Guard against hiring people that believe the world owes them a living and don't want to strive to be 'Montash quality'. Communicate clearly and frequently with all staff. You have a fabulous brand, a fabulous client base and a fabulous leader; keep going.