Montash "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Montash Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

3.8
Montash CEO Roy Dungworth (no image)
Roy Dungworth
Pros
  • "The working environment at Montash is far more positive than the previous companies I have worked for(in 9 reviews)

• "Free fruit and Friday breakfast(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but the norm in recruitment(in 8 reviews)

• "The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Dont bother"

I worked at Montash

Pros

cant think of any atm

Cons

long hours, poor jobs, reward favoruties etc

Advice to Management

stop lying to eeryone

Montash2016-08-03

"Don't join...we're itching to leave"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Old Street, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Table tennis table Free breakfast on Fridays Beer on Fridays 30 second walk from the tube Free fruit deliveries on Mondays

Cons

CEO Promise of progression and opportunity that never delivers Below market rate salaries No trust in employees Long hours, no flexibility

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff

Montash2016-03-03

"What a good agency can offer"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friday Breakfast, Lunch clubs and made a few friends

Cons

Management seemed to have a complete disregard to staff and just focused on quick wins at the sacrifice of the team. "Backstabbing" was promoted and unfortunately it was represented throughout all levels of management. No smoke without fire and many angry people are leaving.This experience showed what a good agency can offer. Long hours and a very unstable culture led to stress and a genuine sense of depression... across the sales floor. Attempts to play music and lighten the mood only highlighted the disconnect management has with the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting this distorted Machiavellianism against graduates.

Montash2016-01-18

"Avoid like the plague"

I worked at Montash

Pros

Fairly decent offices & location Table tennis table Monthly lunchclubs/ annual holiday incentives

Cons

Long hours (8am-7pm mon-thurs, 8am-5.30pm on fri) Installing poor ethics on their staff (i.e. regularly posting fake adverts and lying to clients and candidates) You get worked like a slave with little or no reward. Starting on 20-21k as a Researcher working 55+ hours per week, on a per hour basis you’d get more money working as a cleaner than for Year 1 at Montash (even if you are successful!) Huge churn... and burn of employees – over 50% of the workforce have left in the last 9 months. Every single person that has left and stayed in the recruitment has moved on to better things. That tells you everything you need to know. Quality of staff depleted as company tried to grow - for every experienced consultant that departs, they are replaced with either an Apprentice or a Graduate to keep costs down. Quite simply, Montash are unable to attract nor retain talent. Sadly, Montash’ s practices are well known in the industry and their perception is not great that they have no choice but to hire at a lower level. No-one with any experience in the industry would touch them with a bargepole. Small fish in the market, no major house accounts. Even if you single-handedly bring on new business with a major client, chances are it will eventually get taken away from you. Huge gulf between staff and senior management. Montash isn’t a place where people stay and progress in the long-term. Some of management are too backward in their methods and have a lot of growing up to do to be effective team leaders. It doesn't help when they are given such responsibilities at such a young age. Having to sit beside one of them on a daily basis was like sitting beside a highly aggressive child with autistic tendencies. Consistently shouting sexist, racist and crude obscenities about clients and customers in the office should not be tolerated, not least when it is by an experienced manager. At Montash this behaviour was largely overlooked by the CEO, incredibly ironic considering ‘Quality’ being one of their main Core Values. Salary and commission structure – one of the absolute worst in the market. When you know of top billing consultants consistently bringing £300k+ to the business each year yet are still being paid a 25k basic it makes you realise how much ‘loyalty’ is rewarded at Montash.

Advice to Management

Take on board the overwhelmingly negative feedback from staff and start to provide an environment where people want to stay. Promote managers who gain trust and respect, not just those with the biggest egos. Next time you write another ‘positive’ review at least make it believable that one of your employees wrote it….maybe try using a different style or something?

Montash2014-12-30

"Andrew Larholt is one of the good guys of recruitment"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Came across this when looking up another company that I have been called to interview with and thought I would look up my first recruitment employer Montash. I am very surprised at some of the negative comment made about Montash and Andrew Larholt. Montash was my first job in recruitment and it was hard work. The rewards are good and looking back I did well out of it. I left and joined another recruitment company... but turned out to be a whole lot worse. I have now been in recruitment for some time now and I have to say Montash is one of the better ones out there. Andrew Larholt is a generous boss he is very down to earth and is one you can relate to very easily. Andrew Larholt made being in recruitment fun so don’t be fooled by some of the remarks on here who may just be jealous of what he has given the people who actually get to work for him. I made some good friends in Montash and still keep in touch with many of them who tell me a few people like me who left went back to Montash. I can go back but recruitment is not for me so I want something different. Andrew Larholt is a good boss. Don’t be fooled by those jealous of Andrew Larholt.

Cons

Long hours Everyone knows how well or bad you are doing Limited choice of drinks

Advice to Management

Do not listen to those who think they are owed an easy ride in recruitment. I now realise that Montash is one of the better people to work for in recruitment.

Montash2014-05-26
  6. "Work hard and play hard"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Incentives, supportive management, meritocracy, good commission, young company, great offices, good location. A huge factor for me was knowing that I could grow my client base however I wanted, as long as I was successful in doing so. I made very good money compared with other friends my age, some of whom work for investment banks and large consultancies! Montash also boasts a very strong client base,... thanks largely to the quality of the service they offer. If you are interested in a career in recruitment, Montash is a great place to join.

Cons

As with any recruitment company, reward only comes with hard work (not really a con!) Fairly long hours when busy.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognise individual strengths and adjust targets/roles to suit.

Montash2014-05-16
  7. "A dynamic, supportive a work hard, play hard mature environment. Expectations are high as are the fruitful rewards :)"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great incentives such as: Fully paid for holidays abroad twice a year A work phone Monthly lunch clubs Suit club - A tailor made suite is made to celebrate a juniors promotion to Consultant Montash offer lots of incentives but expect 110% back from everyone which I feel is fair. If you're happy to go on a fully paid for holidays twice a year, have fully paid for lavish meals at 5* restaurants, then you have... to put in the graft during the week!!

Cons

In any job you have to work hard and recruitment requires dedication and the input of long hours, that's the reality of the job. If you feel you want a cushy 9-5 and still want to earn 70k at the age of 23 then that's not really realistic. However if you want to earn 70k by the age of 23 and you're willing to work 10-12 hour days Monday to Thursday, and you're willing to go the extra mile then you will have an... awesome lifestyle for many years to come and Montash provide an amazing platform for success :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!! I thoroughly enjoy being stretched and challenged, I'm here to learn and develop my skills which is exactly the environment Montash provide!

Montash2014-05-02
  8. "A change from the norm in Recruitment"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone has a say Managers are mentors Superb new offices and facilities Good incentives and lunch clubs No back office / front office divide Free fruit and Friday breakfast

Cons

Long hours but the norm in recruitment

Advice to Management

Continue on the way you are!!

Montash2013-09-23