Montash "senior management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Montash Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated Oct 17, 2019

Found 52 reviews

3.8
Montash CEO Roy Dungworth (no image)
Roy Dungworth
Pros
  • "The working environment at Montash is far more positive than the previous companies I have worked for(in 9 reviews)

• "Free fruit and Friday breakfast(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but the norm in recruitment(in 8 reviews)

• "The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Culture - Clear Vision"

Former Employee - SAP Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are thinking about joining Montash, or already have an interview lined up with them - be sure to know the Talent Manager will act as a true ambassador to the Montash brand. From the infectious, friendly greeting upon walking in to the office, to the in-depth prepping on what the senior management look for. He thrives when people do well around him and is always the first to motivate the team when morale is a... bit low. Join Montash and you will be: - Given the autonomy to run your desk like it's your own business - Subsided for your efforts by free breakfasts on a Friday, quarterly lunch clubs, beer on a Friday afternoon, weekly KPI incentives - Given the ability to earn cash straight away with their very competitive commission structure M.M

Cons

Too many temptations working in a vibrant part of central London in the evenings.

Montash2019-01-15

Montash Response

January 16, 2019Employer Response

Hi, thank you for writing a review and giving Montash such positive feedback. We are happy that you have had a good experience with Montash.

2. "A great company for helping you grow"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great 'classroom-style' & at desk training Buzzing & energetic sales environment Work hard, play hard ethos A meritocracy Experience, supportive senior management Exceptional back office function

Cons

Any small problems there were are actually being resolved since the new MD has come in Before leaving there was talk of upgrading all the infrastructure, databases & other tools

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - I will stay in touch and look forward to hearing all the positive news!

Montash2016-06-18
  3. "Great environment to learn and develop"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of time is allocated to training and development which is especially useful for graduates who are new to this market and style of working. Senior Management are approachable and the company structure encourages a collaborative approach to any hurdles. The team are energetic and helpful, I have really enjoyed my time working here.

Cons

Not exclusive to Montash but London living in general, if you are relocating from another area of the country make sure to take time to find accommodation which is affordable, for graduates it may take a few months before you start billing and it is expensive to live here.

Advice to Management

Happy that the management are doing a good job, regular individual and group meetings encourage the team to communicate, and address most issues easily.

Montash2016-04-29
  4. "A great experience"

Former Employee - Apprentice

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free breakfast on a Friday, great back office function and good progression for apprentices. I enjoyed my time at Montash as an apprentice and was sad to leave to pursue new interests. As an apprentice coming into the business; I was able to double my salary in a year and was given opportunity to grow into numerous roles. Also, I had a number of personal issues at the beginning of the year and my manager... went above and beyond to help me get back on the right track. Andy and the senior management were always on the sales floor and approachable if you had a question or a concern.

Cons

A high turnover of staff. A preference for hiring graduates rather than experienced recruiters.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and best of luck to Roy.

Montash2016-04-21
  5. "A great place to have started a career in recruitment."

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Montash provides a meritocratic environment where you will get rewarded fairly for your achievements. You will be expected to work hard for little reward when you start but will get a good level of support in order to get you up and running and reaping the benefits of your achievements (good commission structure, lunch clubs, holiday incentives....) as well as a clear promotion structure. There have been good... steps taken in building a more mature work environment, although it is still becoming ingrained in the culture and needs to be upheld by staff and management alike moving forwards. Overall, Montash has been a great place to work and as someone new to the recruitment industry it was a great place to start!!

Cons

The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers. Relatively high turnover of staff, some good some bad, but it makes continuity and progression for the company challenging and can be quite disruptive.

Advice to Management

Continue developing good people and maturing the work environment. It's not easy to find the right people, and not everyone works out, but retention of staff could be improved.

Montash2016-02-06

"I loved every minute of it"

Former Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I joined Montash as a researcher with no recruitment experience and wasn't quite sure what to expect. After nearly 7 years I have recently left and it has been amazing. Clearly recruitment, and for that matter Montash, isn't for everyone but if you are hard working, motivated, driven, competitive and willing to strive to succeed then Montash can train you to be an excellent recruitment consultant with great... business understanding. You only have to look at the employees that have left in recent years and either landed senior roles in well respected competitors or set up their own businesses to see that this is true. Or equally speak to the directors of other agencies that have hired ex-Montash employees and sing their praises for being exceptional. However as I mentioned, recruitment and Montash are not for everyone and there are plenty of people who didn't like the work ethic, didn't like the competitive environment or simply didn't have the right skill set to succeed in recruitment. If you work hard, listen and learn then opportunities will open up for you quicker than they could anywhere else. It is a pure meritocratic environment where excellent is celebrated and rewarded and mediocrity is passed over. If you are hard working, driven, competitive and eloquent then Montash is well worth looking in to. It just might be the best decision you make. I

Cons

Sometimes great staff leave to go elsewhere. Sometimes people who are unsuited to recruitment get hired despite the companies best efforts. Sometimes average, or poor, recruitment consultants are reluctant to admit that their talent might lie elsewhere. Communication could be improved between senior management and all other levels of the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire smart, driven, hungry, hard working individuals from apprentice level up to senior management level. Guard against hiring people that believe the world owes them a living and don't want to strive to be 'Montash quality'. Communicate clearly and frequently with all staff. You have a fabulous brand, a fabulous client base and a fabulous leader; keep going.

Montash2016-01-18

"A Really Positive and Enjoyable Working Environment"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Montash for a little over a year now. I can honestly say, hand on my heart, it’s the best company, not even recruitment company, but COMPANY that I have worked for. So what brings me to say that with confidence? There’s nothing worse than going into work hating either your job role or the place in which you work. The working environment at Montash is far more positive than the previous companies I... have worked for. There is a mutual level of respect between employees across the organisation. My team colleagues are great as are senior management. We have some great incentives too which always helps! I have had a past personal issue which I didn’t want to interfere with my work, but I was able to go to HR, who were really supportive. Employee care is definitely great!

Cons

My team sometimes expect me to make a cup of tea for them! Cheeky!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making this a really great and inspiring place to work!

Montash2015-03-13

"Avoid like the plague"

I worked at Montash

Pros

Fairly decent offices & location Table tennis table Monthly lunchclubs/ annual holiday incentives

Cons

Long hours (8am-7pm mon-thurs, 8am-5.30pm on fri) Installing poor ethics on their staff (i.e. regularly posting fake adverts and lying to clients and candidates) You get worked like a slave with little or no reward. Starting on 20-21k as a Researcher working 55+ hours per week, on a per hour basis you’d get more money working as a cleaner than for Year 1 at Montash (even if you are successful!) Huge churn... and burn of employees – over 50% of the workforce have left in the last 9 months. Every single person that has left and stayed in the recruitment has moved on to better things. That tells you everything you need to know. Quality of staff depleted as company tried to grow - for every experienced consultant that departs, they are replaced with either an Apprentice or a Graduate to keep costs down. Quite simply, Montash are unable to attract nor retain talent. Sadly, Montash’ s practices are well known in the industry and their perception is not great that they have no choice but to hire at a lower level. No-one with any experience in the industry would touch them with a bargepole. Small fish in the market, no major house accounts. Even if you single-handedly bring on new business with a major client, chances are it will eventually get taken away from you. Huge gulf between staff and senior management. Montash isn’t a place where people stay and progress in the long-term. Some of management are too backward in their methods and have a lot of growing up to do to be effective team leaders. It doesn't help when they are given such responsibilities at such a young age. Having to sit beside one of them on a daily basis was like sitting beside a highly aggressive child with autistic tendencies. Consistently shouting sexist, racist and crude obscenities about clients and customers in the office should not be tolerated, not least when it is by an experienced manager. At Montash this behaviour was largely overlooked by the CEO, incredibly ironic considering ‘Quality’ being one of their main Core Values. Salary and commission structure – one of the absolute worst in the market. When you know of top billing consultants consistently bringing £300k+ to the business each year yet are still being paid a 25k basic it makes you realise how much ‘loyalty’ is rewarded at Montash.

Advice to Management

Take on board the overwhelmingly negative feedback from staff and start to provide an environment where people want to stay. Promote managers who gain trust and respect, not just those with the biggest egos. Next time you write another ‘positive’ review at least make it believable that one of your employees wrote it….maybe try using a different style or something?

Montash2014-12-30

"Earn money.. at the cost of your self respect"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The commission structure is OK. Free Fruit and breakfast on a Fridays Recruitment training is great, i learnt a lot about candidate management and how to master the recruitment process with as little possible screw ups as possible. Senior management although extremely rude and arrogant do happen to have very good recruitment skills.

Cons

Management are extremely rude, sexist, fascist, racist people. you will be sworn at, treated like a child and spoken to as if you are sheer human scum. The hours you are expected to work are ridiculous, even for recruitment standards! 8-7 as standard then if you leave during your contracted hours you will be sent threatening emails and text messages from senior management on your way home. Team structure is... ridiculous, certain departments will have targets that are much more achievable, where as other divisions expectations are unrealistic due to turn over time and process. Basic salary is very low with little chance to improve, yes you can earn commission, but there is no gestrure of goodwill to the hardworking staff who want a higher guaranteed income as well

Advice to Management

Be honest about the expectations and the earning potential rather than feed employees a pipe dream of lies. Also treat staff like adults with respect.

Montash2014-05-29

"It was a relief to leave the company"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good website Good training Nice people Breakfast on a Friday (although due to budget cuts, 1 filling as opposed to previous 3) Linkedin pro Nice lunch trendy new office

Cons

They say that recruitment has a high turnover as an industry and no company displays this more vividly than Montash. Montash struggle to retain people due to a combination of poor salaries, an uncrossable void between middle and senior management and the constant desire to instill poor ethics on their staff. Lieing, cheating and money grabbing is a must to stay at Montash. If you enjoy being chained to your desk... from 7:30 - 12:30 then 1:30 -6:30 without the ability to have a break for anything except going to the loo then this is the company for you. Sadly due to the high turnover and hire and fire mentality of the company, they have seen the quality of staff deplete as the company tries to grow. Whereas previously the company focused on employing individuals coming from a strong intellectual background who held an opinion, the more recent approach has been to focus on numbers and some of the more recent hires reflect this point quite vividly. "Executive Headhunters for Global organisations" is in reality, individuals who know relatively little about any specific area but have mastered the use of a job board. There are obviously exceptions to this with there being some extremely competent recruiters at Montash. There is undoubtedly money to be made at the company and if you are willing to put your morals to one side then this might be the place for you. Saying that, there is a reason why the firm has only got 3 senior members of staff........ people don't stay and progress at Montash. The salaries are below average, the commission scheme is one of the worst in the market and as a player, they aren't anywhere near the league that the new website suggests. To compare Montash as a Headhunting firm to the likes of Korn Ferry is laughable. So to conclude, the MD has a great sales pitch, he definitely had me believing that this was a great company with amazing career prospects. The MD s a good salesman but in terms of Montash as a firm, in my view it's not going anywhere and many of the quality recruiters who won some of the larger accounts have left the firm to move on to pastures greener. The senior management are strong business winners but are egotistical and the structure is such that it is nigh on impossible to reach their levels.

Advice to Management

Treat staff like adults as opposed to naughty children. Improve commission structures and decrease the gap between senior management and the rest of the pack.

Montash2013-12-06