Montash "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Montash Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jul 16, 2019

Found 51 reviews

3.8
Montash CEO Roy Dungworth (no image)
Roy Dungworth
Pros
  • "The working environment at Montash is far more positive than the previous companies I have worked for(in 9 reviews)

• "Free fruit and Friday breakfast(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours but the norm in recruitment(in 8 reviews)

• "The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, work-life balance and good money!

Cons

The building is being refurbished, thus sometime's a bit noisy.

Montash2019-02-25
  2. "On the up and great vibe - Montash fam"

Current Employee - Consultant (Germany) in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment Leadership is supportive Clear strategy (Mop, Mop, Mop) Great commission (I’m just seeing it now) Results driven Rewarding success - holidays, watches, events etc Work around knowledge, relationships and service They’ve been patient with my initial lack of results, supportive and now I’m paying them back.

Cons

Slow start. They have very clear strategy that takes some time to get. I came from ‘make calls’ previously, where here it’s more scientific and structured. The CRM is the thing that everyone uses and the business is built on it. This was new to me in recruitment. Maybe more explanation why we do everything right at the start. Training is ok though.

Advice to Management

More pushing and coaching from day 1 More database training on MOP Top billers seem to all be delivery people. Everyone should do more new business even if you top biller More rookie competitions

Montash2018-09-12
  3. "Great company, Great people, Going places fast!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent working environment, very down to earth and approachable management team, very professional yet adult place to work.

Cons

Left due to moving abroad, not anything to do with the company.

Advice to Management

While big expansion is occuring and that's exciting, try to keep the spirit and ethos which makes Montash stand out.

Montash2016-07-26

Montash Response

May 23, 2017Employer Response

Thank you for the review and Montash wish you lots of success in your new role.

4. "A great company for helping you grow"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great 'classroom-style' & at desk training Buzzing & energetic sales environment Work hard, play hard ethos A meritocracy Experience, supportive senior management Exceptional back office function

Cons

Any small problems there were are actually being resolved since the new MD has come in Before leaving there was talk of upgrading all the infrastructure, databases & other tools

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - I will stay in touch and look forward to hearing all the positive news!

Montash2016-06-18
  5. "Fantastic opportunity"

Former Employee - Recruitnent Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment Hard working Supportive Kind Honest Credible Brilliant training

Cons

Recruitment is demanding and therefor not as flexible as other industries the company is as flexible as it can be

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, always keep the core values and good luck

Montash2016-02-24
  6. "A great place to have started a career in recruitment."

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash full-time

Pros

Montash provides a meritocratic environment where you will get rewarded fairly for your achievements. You will be expected to work hard for little reward when you start but will get a good level of support in order to get you up and running and reaping the benefits of your achievements (good commission structure, lunch clubs, holiday incentives....) as well as a clear promotion structure. There have been good... steps taken in building a more mature work environment, although it is still becoming ingrained in the culture and needs to be upheld by staff and management alike moving forwards. Overall, Montash has been a great place to work and as someone new to the recruitment industry it was a great place to start!!

Cons

The gap between Senior Management and the rest of the company means there could be better communication between these layers. Relatively high turnover of staff, some good some bad, but it makes continuity and progression for the company challenging and can be quite disruptive.

Advice to Management

Continue developing good people and maturing the work environment. It's not easy to find the right people, and not everyone works out, but retention of staff could be improved.

Montash2016-02-06
  7. "Previous employer-Montash Advocate"

Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Montash

Pros

Excellent working environment, regular recognition and appraisals, supportive management team, genuinely credible within their market space and excellent company ethics for staff, candidates and clients alike.

Cons

It is recruitment lets be realistic. The work life balance can sometimes lean more towards the work. However this is compensated by a generous commission structure and recognition/ rewards from the business on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

None- very supportive even through personal issues. Please keep doing what your doing :)

Montash2015-07-15

"A Really Positive and Enjoyable Working Environment"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been at Montash for a little over a year now. I can honestly say, hand on my heart, it’s the best company, not even recruitment company, but COMPANY that I have worked for. So what brings me to say that with confidence? There’s nothing worse than going into work hating either your job role or the place in which you work. The working environment at Montash is far more positive than the previous companies I... have worked for. There is a mutual level of respect between employees across the organisation. My team colleagues are great as are senior management. We have some great incentives too which always helps! I have had a past personal issue which I didn’t want to interfere with my work, but I was able to go to HR, who were really supportive. Employee care is definitely great!

Cons

My team sometimes expect me to make a cup of tea for them! Cheeky!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making this a really great and inspiring place to work!

Montash2015-03-13
  9. "Fast-Track Career Progression, Excellent Benefits, Meritocratic"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Montash full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with Montash for over 5 years and have progressed through the organisation quicker than my peers in competing organisations. This is a result of Montash leadership, training, individual work-ethic and the environment to thrive as a leader. Montash is a fast paced, working environment with a forward thinking meritocratic management style. We have multiple career paths for individuals to chose from... best suited to their skill-set which is identified through training and progression from day 1. Individuals have options to progress into management at a young age, account management or simply progress as an individual biller - all of which can earn salaries bigger than 90% of the city. Aside from a competitive commission structure which can earn you six figures early on in your career, added Perks to Montash include Tailor Made Suit, Rolex Club, 2x Yearly Holidays, Fruit Bowl, Christmas Vacation, External Training & Development, Annual Sports day and Quarterly incentives (i.e. ipads/tv etc.)

Cons

Struggled to think of any personally other than those you will find in any high-paying, well rewarded agency; Hard work-ethic and hours to match, corporate environment, no dress-down Friday's. Montash is not the place for those wanting a mundane 09.00-17.00 job with earnings that would match. Montash very much advocate an entrepreneurial environment whereby what you put in

Advice to Management

Keep to the growth plans

Montash2014-05-06