Moo Print Limited Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Moo Print Limited Founder & CEO Richard Moross
Richard Moross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free breakfast every morning and lunch every Friday (in 7 reviews)

• The staff are what makes MOO a great place (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • This has never been done in a malicious way, just part of a fast-moving and growing company (in 4 reviews)

• Don't be distracted by free cake and enticed by the snazzy looking job descriptions, as it's not as fun as it looks (in 3 reviews)

1. "Really loved going to work each day"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They hire and empower bright, creative people and have built a culture that makes it a true joy to go to work each day.

Cons

Like any company, MOO isn't immune to a bottleneck in management. If your boss isn't getting promoted so you can take his/her job...it can sometimes limit growth. However, MOO is great at helping you work around that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time

Pros

Free lunch on Friday, birthday cake.

Cons

The company culture in Denver was terrible. People were promoted and given opportunities not because of performance but because of looks. I know this sounds like it couldn't be true but that is what happens when the most "senior" leader in the office is 26 years old. There is no upper level management at the Denver office or HR. There is little room for upward mobility and consists of a job title change, no additional raises or compensation. If you're passionate about selling overpriced paper products this place is for you!

Advice to Management

Put some senior leadership in place and HR on site to break-up the pettiness of an office ran by 20-somthings with no management experience..

"Don't Do It"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have BS perks that don't actually offer any real value to employees.

Cons

-Horrible management
    -Pay far below market rate
    -Re-structure with 0 notice or input from anyone but exec leadership
    -Sakes "Managers" who are in their 20's, have insane ego and go on rampant power trips, have absolutely no idea what they are doing and would not hack it anywhere else
    -One of the most unprofessional company cultures I have ever encountered
    -Mass exodus from Boston, London and Denver office due to terrible management

Advice to Management

Grow up - this company seriously needs to.

"Poor Management, Pay and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch on Fridays.

Lot's of Cake.

Cons

If you are just getting out of school and looking for an entry-level position this is a good spot for you.

Otherwise stay far away from this place. Management is atrocious and simply do not care for the employees - this is very apparent.

The management team will speak of all the growth that is being driven at the company, but after being here for more than a year, not a single person has received a raise or compensation - in Boston specifically. We are ramping up to be sold and go public, yet no credit is given to the employees that are driving that growth.

On average, pay here is 25% less than industry average and the one perk here is not worth it.

There has also been a mass exodus of employees here @ MOO in both the Boston and London offices. I can only speak to the Boston office though which has been due to very poor management, low pay, unfair workload and lack of culture.

For a company that is solely based online, one would think that they would have a strong technical team. Unfortunately there are only 4 developers that actually work on the sites CMS so best of luck with requesting changes. The tech infrastructure is operating in pre-historic times.

Again, this is a great spot if you are just starting out, but if you are at the Associate/Mid-Tier position in your career do not work here. You will not see growth and you will not be treated with respect/trusted.

Advice to Management

Boston Management needs replacing and it is simple as that.

Strong leaders should be at the head of the this office and not run by toxic individuals.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Moo Print Limited (More than a year)

Pros

Free cake and other such perks.

Cons

Really chaotic time at the company, hire people far too junior to do their jobs (well), and a mass exodus taking place right now from the marketing teams in every office.

Advice to Management

Have an ounce of transparency.

6. "MOO is a nice place to wok"

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, Good Salary, Good Co-workers

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Fulfilling, Creative, Challenging (in a good way) Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart, creative co workers
    A strong brand that has a great personality and knows what it stands for
    Leadership that TRULY cares about employees and the work environment - they send out regular (multiple times a year) employee surveys to gauge employee satisfaction.
    More frequent reviews to benchmark your progress - most companies do this once a year, we do it twice a year
    Vibrant office environment - the spaces in Boston and London are very cool
    Modern, comfortable, reflective of the company's stance on great design
    Really great senior leaders who value our opinions. Every C-level and VP is approachable and personable. They trust us to do our jobs and are understanding if there is a misstep along the way - they're there to advise, not micromanage
    Lots of vaca time
    Lots of free snacks and beverages - FREE lunch every Friday ordered in from some delicious Boston restaurants
    An employee wellness week - bring your dog to work day, massages, healthy snacks!

Cons

We only have one ping pong table and one beer fridge. Also, I prefer my free soda to be Pepsi vs. Coke.
    Letting all employees log onto Sonos to help pick the music for the day means I have to sometimes listen to 80s pop or 90s rap - only a con if you want to grumpily work on a spreadsheet vs. enjoying the tunes (or put your own headphones on)
    With many of your coworkers in London, it's tough to get valuable in-person (non work related) time to build bonds beyond the frequency Polycom meetings.
    As a growing company with increasing hiring needs, it can sometimes feel like certain teams are understaffed. Needing to grow teams is not the worst problem to have I guess!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep listening to employee feedback, continue to be available and approachable. Reach out to junior level team members to create a connection with them as well as the mid and senior level employees.

"Boston Office Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with minus leadership.
    Great office space
    Casual and fun when the CMO was not there. She brought tension and was a micro manager like I have never seen before.

Cons

Leadership is horrendous
    Immature
    Unnecessary stress
    No room for growth or to influence leadership
    Do not trust employees at mid-senior levels to make any decisions without approval. I am talking about tactical decisions

Advice to Management

Figure out the Boston culture. You can't pretend to be a cool start up kind of vibe when leadership thinks they are working at the Globe.

9. "Best Place(s) To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I have been working at Moo Print Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and environment, genuinely nice people to be around, good working environments and opportunities to take on projects outside your scope of work.

Cons

There are times when communication between various stakeholders has been lacking. This has never been done in a malicious way, just part of a fast-moving and growing company.

Advice to Management

We are on the right track, keep going and make sure we keep the feel and focus as we continue to scale.

"Don't waste your time........"

I worked at Moo Print Limited full-time

Pros

Free food, free health insurance, ample vacation time.

Cons

TOO MANY TO LIST! But of course I will.........no solid management infrastructure, upper management is unengaged, uninterested. If you aren't a fan of Salary Disparity look elsewhere--if trickle down economics isn't your bag man, look elsewhere, Unless you are at the top of the food chain you are on the bottom and you will be paid, and treated accordingly. And you will FEEL unimportant. You will be constantly reminded of the company's growth and success as they are denying you a raise. They will fly the sales team all over and host lavish events, but don't ask for a raise.

Advice to Management

GET BETTER MANAGERS and management. Look for LEADERS, who are engaged and committed to making the place better. Invest in departments OTHER than the sales team. Look for the people who are working hard and do something to further their careers. There are TALENTED CREATIVE people sitting in your offices with good ideas and they are not heard--they are not seen. They are pushed down and told to take initiative, then punished for trying.