Mood Account Executive Reviews | Glassdoor

Mood Account Executive Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2018

Found 16 reviews

3.5
Mood CEO Steve Richards (no image)
Steve Richards

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work for, create your own schedule, great benefits and perks, 24 hour support from all colleagues, work on the field and from home. Fortune 500 Company

Cons

One of the only things I disliked about this job was cold calling, everything else was great.

Mood2016-04-06
  2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Pretty much straight commission with a draw and bonuses so you control your own income. -Make your own schedule. -Home Office -Large number of products to sell

Cons

-Billing could be better -customer service could be better, but has gotten better.

Advice to Management

Hire the right type of salespeople. This job is for hunters that do not need a lot of supervision. You are on a draw so you need to be a closer. If you are a closer that does not need to be micromanaged you will do well here.

Mood2018-04-13

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, work from home, you determine your income, commissions are paid quickly.

Cons

No base salary, you compete with inside sales and Pandora so it feels like you compete more with your own company than outside competitors.

Advice to Management

Congrats on getting rid of the incredibly toxic head of sales. Excited about more positive changes to come.

Mood2017-08-06

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, great products and health benefits from day 1. Worked there for 8 months until I was offered a position as Business Development Manager for a software company through a personal relationship and then client.

Cons

Harvested Territory, Poor Management, Too High Priced even for the Stars, Took Way to long for any large proposal to big opportunities, Horrible Pay, Too much Favoritism to former employees of Muzak. Turn over rate was over 80% turn over rate, Nor Residual Commission for Account Executive. Most new Account Executives last less than a year.

Advice to Management

Have a Professional Ethic Staff for local Directors. Exam why so many Account Executives leave so quickly. Could it be your local Directors be unethical? Do you listen to any of your former employees? Speed up for your proposal time frame. You lost a great deal with The Stars because you took 6 weeks when you were only given 3 weeks. With your 6 month non recoverable draw, your Account Executives last just a... bit longer. Very Poor Management

Mood2017-07-16

"Worst ever, run away!"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home Maybe? No other pros. Zero support.

Cons

Ask Ferrari money for 1984 Yugo service.

Advice to Management

Your business model is a decade outdated. You cannot confuse cutting back on customer service for saving money and moving the business forward.

Mood2017-05-17
  6. "Account Executive"

Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mood

Pros

Laid back work environment, fun products and good people

Cons

Not a ton of structure, needs better training for new hires.

Advice to Management

More training on products

Mood2016-12-21

"Absurd !"

Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Mood

Pros

Flexible schedule , 401k , health benefits

Cons

At Mood Media , We specialize in helping business owners to craft a winning customer service experience however Mood fails to demonstrate how to provide a winning experience for their clients . Constant issues arise involving billing , miscomunications , cancelations , techs not showing up . The AE turnover rate is extremely high no surprise why because It's never ending stress and the pay which is not even a salary... ...is below poverty level . The amount paid out bi-weekly is a draw . You will not make more than 2,800 a month if you don't sell 20K a month..every month. There are little or no leads coming in so good luck selling that much EVERY MONTH . The management will use fear as a motivation tactic . This This company won't be around for too much longer I can guarantee it . The majority of the employees in the company are stressed or simply don't care. Looking for a new job now .

Advice to Management

Focus on providing a great experience for the new customers , take good care of the existing and reward AE's that dedicate time to fins solutions and save clients .

Mood2016-05-11

"Headed to the bottom"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cool industry, travel if you like it, pay was ok, great place to discover new music and bands, my coworkers were nice

Cons

Muzak circa 2000 all over again, products that are incredibly dated and very difficult to sell, an industry in decline that will be overtaken by mainstream streaming providers

Advice to Management

Think outside of music and digital signage, they are commodities now

Mood2015-10-09
  9. "A Strong Sales Team"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been told that Mood had a lot of bumps during its initial merger, but I've been with the company for a year and speak very highly of it. Our products are top notch, the pricing is very fair on our customers and the support for our sales team is tremendous.

Cons

Mood is a very laid back company. In a lot of ways that is great, but it causes some problems when you need quick help from HR or IT. They are often slow and need a lot of "helpful reminders" to get work done.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and don't go through rough swings. You've done a great job of listening to your staff. That's very appreciated.

Mood2015-08-30

Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mood

Pros

Company with good benefits and allowed time to build accounts and sales pipeline, People and company culture are good and management does support a good balance of work and personal time off

Cons

Getting support for system installations and integration work for design/engineering was a continuing challenge to close music deals. Need better compensation plans and higher commission and base salary.

Advice to Management

Provide better resources for new sales. Expand systems business and support resources to meet customer demands to have a one stop place for music and system installations.

Mood2015-09-04