Mood Client Satisfaction Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Mood Client Satisfaction Representative Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2015

Found 3 reviews

1.1
Mood CEO Steve Richards (no image)
Steve Richards

"Great people, terrible company, severely underpaid"

Current Employee - Client Satisfaction Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

4 weeks PTO (when you're allowed to use it, which is never), decent benefits (after getting hired on full time after 90 days as temp), work with cool people for the most part, casual work environment, immediate/lower end management supervisors are awesome.

Cons

The CS department literally hires anyone that has a heartbeat. They don't care if the people are qualified to do the job just as long as it's an ear to the phone/butt in a chair. Although it seems to be chill and laid back at first, it turns into the most micromanaged department. The higher up management expects you to be super human with the expectations they set. Using that 4 weeks PTO is nearly impossible. They... claim you get Christmas Day, New Years Day and Thanksgiving off. False. They'll be rounding up volunteers for those days to literally sit there and not spend time with your family. I'd be surprised if they allowed someone PTO for their own wedding. Upper management has no clue what it's like being on the floor anymore. 1 of them might have done this job prior but it has changed DRASTICALLY and it's not the same anymore. The CS department is treated like scum. No one in the entire company has any respect for CS even though it's probably the only thing holding together this crumbling company. I will be in SHOCK if this company is around by this time 2015. Drinks for everyone! (but not on Mood because they can't afford it)

Advice to Management

If you want to lower the turnover rate, stop choosing favorites and REWARD people for their work. Get rid of the sweat shop environment. Create REALISTIC expectations. NO human being can take as many calls as you are requiring, keep the customer happy, do all of the steps in the system that you are asking them to do AND follow their schedule EXACTLY. IMPOSSIBLE. Pick and choose your battles. Also, THIS IS A MUSIC... INDUSTRY COMPANY. Pretend to care about the industry and get involved in Austin's awesome music life. Not having a SXSW party was the biggest fail this company could have had this year. 2013's SXSW party is the reason half of the people working at Mood know about it.

Mood2014-04-22

"The most important thing is to show up"

Former Employee - Client Satisfaction Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to ride below the radar and not be penalized, weekly pay, 2 monitors to distract you from banal coworker chatter, coworkers are nearby to offer help

Cons

I knew in the interview process that morale would be dismal, often different answers to same questions given to people in positions who you expect to know are right, conflicted work atmosphere (laidback v needlessly peferential), some employees spend hours of shift on their or doing craftwork (streamers/balloons), rotate desks every 3-4 weeks/headphones daily or weekly

Advice to Management

Give entry level employees to trainers who have some sort of enthusiasm, yes turnover is inevitably high but management positions were constantly needing updating in email/organizational structure due to turnover, making it more difficult to resolve customer issues

Mood2015-04-06

"I'd rather go to Hell than have to walk up to the doors of this place every day for another year"

Current Employee - Client Satisfaction Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Cheap Vending Machines - SOME people are easy to get along with - They have a bathroom - They pay me (Poorly at that) - I get to leave every day

Cons

This is probably the easiest thing I've gotten to describe all day. Let me start with the training. It's an absolutely sorry excuse for any kind of "training". You're put in a room for 8.5 hours with a supervisor that sounds less than thrilled to be alive and you have to listen to them talk and talk and talk. The information they are trying to cram into your head is far too much for the short amount of time they... actually spend putting forth an effort to teach you anything. When they don't feel like actually trying to teach you anything, they stick you with one of the more tenured reps, regardless if you've learned anything they are trying to show you to do. Skip ahead after all of this lecturing and expecting you to understand it all, they throw you out there on the floor. More recently, our call queues have been RIDICULOUS, so they are trying to pump more and more people out of training classes to help take calls. There is one huge issue here; They choose quantity over quality, did I mention we ran out of cubicles? So now we're stuck unable to train people because they ran out of space and had to fill the training rooms with temporary desks and Jerry-Rigged Computer setups. You can't expect to train people poorly and then throw them to the sharks and see any kind of an improvement in your wait times. You've got people ill-informed or with not enough training to understand what's going on, so they are then in term putting the clients on hold longer, thus creating longer and longer wait times, it's a mess. When they go up to the sups to ask any questions, they seem to really not care. They poorly answer your questions while continuing to type and scroll through emails, hardly batting an eye at you. It's pathetic and useless. Let's look at what I deal with on a daily basis... I am constantly working to resolve issues for clients, through and through. But I have a job and a department that I am supposed to work within the perimeters of. I am Client Satisfaction. But i end up doing SO many things that are not in my job description. I do plenty of billing issues which we should have specific people for, but for some reason they want the Client Satisfaction Reps to look into it when we had no official training on it to begin with. Not to mention that they work you 6 days in a row with no guarantee for OT. They'll work you on a Sunday and then the following week for Mon-Fri, since it crosses over to the next week, it won't count for OT, so there's that. Oh, the inconsistent schedules are a doozy. You could be working from 7:30-5 for about a month straight then randomly you're working 8:15-5:45 one week and the following 10:30-8, you never know. Pre-merging between DMX and Muzak, things were.... Manageable to say the least. They had separate reps for all the queues (DMX and Muzak were separated and they had people trained specifically for both). But some GENIUS thought it'd be a great idea to cross-train everyone (Train DMX reps on Muzak equipment and control sites and Muzak reps on DMX equipment), thinking that if you have more people in both queues, everything would be all fine and dandy, but the result was disastrous... This created more traffic jams and issues rather than remedies. They tried cramming what takes about 3 weeks of training into 1 horrible, stupid, and less than informative week of Hell. We learned close to nothing about the other systems and equipment, and I still know about zip on them.

Advice to Management

Start actually at least ACTING like you really care about your employees. Listen to their opinions and outlooks, they are the ones on the front line while you get paid your salary and hide in your office all day. People, especially your employees, would hold a higher respect for you if you just maybe took into consideration they are dealing with things OTHER than slaving away for a sorry excuse for a paycheck at 9.5... hour days 5 days a week. People want to enjoy coming to work, based off of all the reviews I'm reading on here, no one wants anything do do with this company other than the paycheck. Those shouldn't be the standards we all have to deal with. I hope you take some of these things into consideration and use it as an opportunity to make you're work environment and organization into something that someone will look at and think "Hmmm, that's really well structured!" because I can tell you from what I hear from the customers on the phones, we should be looking up to our competitors. Also, give a little recognition to ALL of us rather than sending us less than encouraging "Coaching Emails" expecting us to actually learn from it, all it does is tick us off and make us want to punch the screen. Take some time to say "Hey, nice work today!" or "You're doing great, keep it up!" to us individuals and give us a little confidence boost. Sending out emails telling us to "Get in the queue!", "Put All Else Aside and Take Calls!!" or "NO Worktime! Take Calls!!" puts a whole load of stress we don't need added to our day.

Mood2014-09-25