Mood Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Mood Project Manager Reviews

Updated May 7, 2019

Found 7 reviews

1.9
Mood CEO Steve Richards (no image)
Steve Richards
  1. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experience managing daily escalations Exposure to different departments Popular clients Cool product

Cons

Poor management Poor compensation Poor equipment It seems like a lack of training is a company wide thing No modules to help with self learning and aid the lack of training Stingy with holidays Physical location of office isn’t great Everything, everything is urgent High stress with low payout and little to no recognition Support is provided by further escalating...sometimes it’s okay to not bend

Advice to Management

If the sales department and processes dont improve, all other departments carry the burden of following through with various urgent demands. A way to keep your employees unhappy is by working in a constant, high stress environment that can be avoidable. If the role is going to overwork the employee, then at least compensate fairly.

Mood2019-05-07

"Project Managment"

Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood

Pros

Managers don't micro-manage if you don't get escalated and close your jobs on time. Laid back work place in regards to attire and the people.

Cons

There is an extreme lack of management and leadership. Employees are not valued and if you're good at your job, managers give you MORE work which are usually accounts that are completely messed up by previous project managers. Training or career development is never offered which would make the job a lot more fun and less boring. Processes and procedures are not established across departments and no one is ever... truly held accountable when they mess something up. This company needs some serious help when it comes to strengthening ALL of their departments.

Advice to Management

We aren't robots. We work extremely hard, so it would be nice if managers invested time to show how much they value their employees, and I'm not just talking about those petty you earned it points. Make us excited to come into work. Let us work from home sometimes, bring us breakfast tacos, treat us to lunch or drinks... It's the little things that truly make all the difference.

Mood2016-11-30

"No where to go"

Premier Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood for more than 3 years

Pros

a lot of PTO and thats about it

Cons

everything else. cant advance much,

Mood2016-10-19

"Need Changes"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent benefits, Co Workers generally work well within the same department

Cons

Poor management and structure of the company.

Advice to Management

Review what managers are actually impacting and making a difference, and find new managers for the ones that are not doing their job. Get more competitive with your salaries/wages.

Mood2016-11-09

"Where dreams go to die"

Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood for more than a year

Pros

Your equal coworkers are great people who are also getting screwed, so there is some common ground

Cons

-everything -I was hired for one position then told I was going to be in a completely different position when I showed up for the first day. - ABSOLUTELY ZERO GROWTH POTENTIAL, no raise structure, I met people who have been there for 5 years and have never even had a review -Mood is the reformation of two companies who were bitter rivals and everyone in the MGMT/EXEC positions hate each other

Advice to Management

- Stop sucking at life - Stop sucking at your job - Maybe care about your employees - fire yourself

Mood2016-05-21

"Worst job and company ever!"

I worked at Mood

Pros

None really. Maybe that there is music playing all day.

Cons

Management is awful and they look for reasons to put the blame on someone else below them. There is NO support and you are hung out to dry when the COMPANY messes up. Stay away

Advice to Management

Grow up and do your job. Train people! Do not just shove them in a job.

Mood2016-04-04

"Underpaid and Over Worked"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun environment working for a company that uses music, digital signage, scent products and more, but not sure how worth it the company is.

Cons

There is so much work but so little pay. Management tells you that in order to be promoted you have to learn to take on more, which causes problems for you and the company down the line. The company is similar to high school with so much drama. You can bet that your personal life will make it's way around the company with so much gossip. Management themselves fraternizes with the people under them and talk about... other people in the company. This is the first company that I have ever worked with that the managers and HR socialize at happy hours with employees. This may seem "awesome" but in the long wrong there should be separation between leadership and lower employees to keep a sense of professionalism.

Mood2014-03-03