Mood Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Richards

Pros
Cons
  • No raises especially with the ever increasing workload (CS and Service Delivery especially) (in 22 reviews)

• They don't even have a decent CRM and no one knows who is a current customer (in 21 reviews)

1. "Future Inpredictability"

Former Employee - Account Management Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Account Management Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People; Decent Work-Life Balance

Cons

Centralizes, Then De-Centralizes, Then Centralizes Again. Lots of Good Talent Lost

Advice to Management

Decide where you want the business: Fort Mill or Austin??

2. "Just a paycheck"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Tech Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great PTO I had no problem taking time off when wanted. Flexible schedule made for a great work to life balance.

Cons

No opportunity to advance. Corporate constantly makes bad business decisions and middle management is too scared to speak up. Managers are great people but have poor management skills

Advice to Management

Focus training on overworked managers. Stop beating up your good employees and get rid of the bad ones. Stop hiring clowns. If you want a steady pay check it’s a OK job but not a carrier.

3. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent money with benefits and good location for the office

Cons

Did not challenge me nor made me feel I was accomplishing anything within the company

Advice to Management

5. "Credit and Collections"

Former Employee - Credit and Collections in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Credit and Collections in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee Benefits and work hours.

Cons

The work load piles on and you don't get rewarded for it. The management doesn't thank you for going above and beyond they only recognize you when you make a mistake. There's no raises and no bonuses.

Advice to Management

To reward and recognize an employee who goes above and beyond. Also to manage better..they knew there was certain employees not doing their job so instead of doing anything about it, it gets added on to the ones that actually do work hard.

"Local Sales"

Former Employee - Local Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Local Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Made some good friends -benefits, 401k, work from home

Cons

I'll keep it short- Executive and Regional Sales VP's are inept, corrupt, and hiding behind smoke and mirrors. They are all people (save for maybe one or two) who do nothing to support local sales executives and in fact look for ways to remove support (i.e. mass laying off of Account Managers and sales support) instead of removing obstacles to daily selling Mood Media continues to increase the administrative workload on their local sales staff. If you read other reviews you will see over and over their CRM and Oracle business database is outdated and impossible to navigate -another obstacle which also heavily influences your ability and time left in the day to sell. Additionally~ to explain the statement of corrupt....All levels of Executive and Regional management have been made aware of problems with Oracle's systematic errors in paying commissions correctly and all have turned a blind eye. Why? Because there are only a handful of local sales executives left who know how to track their commissions the rest have either have no clue how to track their owed commissions or are too afraid of losing their jobs to demand correct pay. This company does NOT value their employees and Executives only answer to demands of stockholders. There is no clear vision for this company in terms of growth and retention of employees or current clients. One key executive has hedged his bet on Moods digital signage product which is sub par and poorly supported. If your career goal is to be a; yes person, turn & burn salesperson, low paid, over-worked, cog in a square wheel then Mood Media is the place for you! Otherwise DO NOT buy in to the recruiters false promises regarding unlimited earning potential and a GREAT place to work- Those are lies and it will be the worst year of your life if you make it that long.

Advice to Management

Advice to investors....get rid of your management they are killing the business and cooking the books. Or if this is the plan, the road to bankruptcy or the selling of Mood to the right buyer is a pretty short one.

"Never trust a company hiring you for sales that doesn't even train you on the company's products and services. Horrible."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valuable assets are given to employees (printer, laptop, phone) to help with sales efficiency.

Cons

Horrible business model and next to no training or preparation. Horrendous commission payouts and outdated services leave the client (and the employees) underwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Set your employees up for success, don't rig them for failure.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom and flexibility. They have a pretty good health plan and benefits. Used to have a rich and vibrant company culture with a high percentage of dedicated, tenured employees... Used to.

Cons

They only care about collecting recurring revenue and do not care about anything else like customers, employees, vendors, communication, processes, or interdepartmental harmony. Seems like they just need the recurring revenue so the owners can sell and get out of the business...and spiff a few key directors with some spoils from the sale.

Advice to Management

Take care of your customers, (the good type of care). Bill correctly, ship equipment correctly, stop overloading project managers, show up on time, trust your senior rep's abilities and advice over rookie PM's a thousand miles away from a job, do what you say, and stop making it so hard for reps, support, subcontractors and customers (and you know all the complaints) to do business with you. It used to be a good business. Also, stop trying to enforce illegal automatic roll overs on contracts. Make your customers WANT to renew. The market and technology are not the reasons why you have severe customer churn and a negative net gain.

"Used to be a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked for an awesome team and manager. Worked remotely so I did not have to travel to an office. Had great working relationships with all team members I worked with from sales to admin to operations.

Cons

The company does not appreciate tenure and knowledge, and would prefer to hire a bunch of minimum wage employees who do not know the business or the company. It used to be a great place, when it was Muzak and had integrity for both internal and external clients.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and nurture good employees, otherwise you get what you pay for.

10. "Client Satisfaction Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool office (south), decent break room, they host potlucks/events here and there. Pay is ok, good 4 week training program

Cons

CS can be extremely stressful and with little rearward.. There is some favoritism when it comes to moving up to different departments and using PTO. Strict on after call work time which can be annoying. High turnover

Advice to Management

Make it easier for us to use our PTO , Possibly hire more CS reps to deal with the huge call rushes.

"I saw it coming"

Former Employee - Client Satisfaction in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Client Satisfaction in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some great people. We all had the same feeling of doom when coming to work. At least there were other people that understood how you were feeling day to day. It is unfortunate you have to layoff so many people, good and bad.

Cons

Having car shows, but not wanting to pay people for their service. Expecting the most out of people while morale was low. Did not care about employee retention. Not caring why people were looking for jobs and leaving. We were not stupid and saw how you were letting people go for any reason and not replacing them. You lied to the employees stating their jobs were secure, yet look at you now. I hope you guys are proud. I don't regret working there as it served it's purpose. I have never seen or met people in management like the ones at mood. The egos and lack of team building, training, compassion, and the know how of how to properly do the job is mind blowing. People are not jumping ship before it hits the bottom of the ocean.

Advice to Management

I see the results of running a company into the ground. You should have learned from the last time.