Mood Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Steve Richards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • ample time off, casual dress code, offices for some (in 17 reviews)

• Overtime was always available and they had a work from home option (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises especially with the ever increasing workload (CS and Service Delivery especially) (in 24 reviews)

• No one seems to know what's going on there (in 23 reviews)

1. "Great Entry-Level Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
    PTO
    Relaxed-culture
    YouEarnedIt Points
    Office activities (Waffle Wednesdays, Triff's Treats every first Friday of the month, etc)
    In-house professional development programs (Lunchtime Learning, LEAD)

Cons

Promotions/Raises rare
    Heavy workload/compensation doesn't match (some departments)
    Interdepartmental communication lacking
    High-turnover (most departments)
    Change of ownership every few years

Advice to Management

It's obvious Sales is the driving force behind most decisions that affect all departments. The concept of "the client is always right" puts pressure on most departments and causes a heavier workload for employees - without the additional compensation. Perhaps one bit of advice for the sales department is to practice managing client expectations a bit better.

2. "Review Title"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very casual, t-shirt and jeans every day.
    The Fort Mill office is a cool space (but there's lots of talk of it being sold soon.)

Cons

No raises. The only way to get more money, even cost of living increase, is to switch roles or find a job at another company so maybe they'll talk about matching the offer.
    Sales are the only people that matter, and they're really inconsiderate of everyone else. Any time someone has a decent sale, they all cheer and applaud, which is really disruptive when you're trying to provide tech support for an existing client.
    The company get sold every few years. There's lots of e-mails about how nothing big is going to change on the day to day level, then the local paper prints a story about your office being sold off. The next day there's an e-mail saying that the company hasn't finalized any plans and they are committed to keeping an office in this area.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they're worth. This site says I'm being paid 20% below the average for my job in this area, and I know I'm making 50% more than one of my colleagues who's been here longer than I have.
    Be honest with us. We all know the new owners' reputation for "rightsizing."

3. "Heavy workload, very low pay"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress 4 weeks vacation after 2yrs (if you last that long) cheap snacks and sodas, waffle Wednesday, concerts..Nice people, hard workers, overtime allowed

Cons

Heavy workload, constant change, high turnover, very low pay (especially for the amount of work) high expectations

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth. They work very hard to do the best for the company. Take care of us and we will take care of you. Stop changing processes so much.

4. "DO NOT WORK HERE - Project Coordinator"

I worked at Mood full-time

Pros

Nothing really. Maybe the fact that you get to wear whatever you want to work.

Cons

This job is horrible. Been looking for a new job for months now. In a nutshell, everyday at work you are putting out fires and dealing with negative, rude, and condescending people. EVERYDAY you have 100+ jobs to work on for very low pay. The sales people constantly throw you under the bus and give clients unrealistic expectations, then it's all on you to deal with the backlash. There are almost no opportunities for growth or promotions, and when new positions open, the pay is still very low and the job selection process seems biased. Everyday is stressful to the point you want to cry or give up. I would not recommend anyone to work at a place like this. Management does not care about their employees, and the company is most likely going to go bankrupt.

Advice to Management

Please hire managers that actually care about the company and employees.

5. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, Supervisors are always there when you need them, the company gives incentives, dress code is casual, great people to work with we are more like a family then co workers.

Cons

The only con is that the pay could be better for the job we do. I love my job and I am good at it but I feel as though the pay could be better. This is not a easy job and you truly have to focus, this job is not for the weak minded and with all the changes lately they ask a lot of you for the amount you get paid.

Advice to Management

I am thankful for all that you do and help that you give, I truly enjoy working in a small " family " environment. Keep up the good work!

6. "Love the sound of the music"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun, smart, people. Great benefits with nice PTO. New training programs. Cool events and opportunity to move up and learn new roles

Cons

Some processes are confusing and change quite a bit so may be challenging to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep adding new training programs and offering opportunities to promote into new roles.

"Project Coordinator"

I worked at Mood full-time

Pros

Great people, you're always busy, great benefits and fun company activities.

Cons

Sales people only want money, you'll get thrown under the bus a lot and for not enough pay. You'll always be putting out "fires" and will get little support from management. Promotions are biased.

Advice to Management

Create more solutions for both the clients and employees. Dumping heavy workloads on people and allowing them to deal with both the client and sales people screaming is not ideal. There has to be a better way to manage this.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Life Balance
    Work from Home

Cons

No offices to report to
    Virtual connection to management
    Draw Balance

9. "Customer Service"

I have been working at Mood full-time

Pros

Seems like a friendly environment

Cons

No commission for customer service reps

"The Worst"

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress, some of your peers are great to work with. Cheap snacks. Facade of a good environment. Annual activities are fun.

Cons

This place is a meat grinder. Everyone kowtows to sales, and nearly all of them are prima donnas. If you have to deal with sales on any level, don't work here. They will pay you half of what you should be getting and make you feel you are lucky to even get that pittance. Workloads are terribly stacked, and even if you try and keep up you will be told it isn't enough. Certain people are allowed to skirt the line between abuse and harassment and never get any sort of comeuppance, in fact they will find a way to let you go instead of them.