Mood Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Richards

Pros
Cons
  • No raises especially with the ever increasing workload (CS and Service Delivery especially) (in 22 reviews)

• There are examples everyday that show no one ever knows what's going on (in 20 reviews)

"Never trust a company hiring you for sales that doesn't even train you on the company's products and services. Horrible."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valuable assets are given to employees (printer, laptop, phone) to help with sales efficiency.

Cons

Horrible business model and next to no training or preparation. Horrendous commission payouts and outdated services leave the client (and the employees) underwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Set your employees up for success, don't rig them for failure.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom and flexibility. They have a pretty good health plan and benefits. Used to have a rich and vibrant company culture with a high percentage of dedicated, tenured employees... Used to.

Cons

They only care about collecting recurring revenue and do not care about anything else like customers, employees, vendors, communication, processes, or interdepartmental harmony. Seems like they just need the recurring revenue so the owners can sell and get out of the business...and spiff a few key directors with some spoils from the sale.

Advice to Management

Take care of your customers, (the good type of care). Bill correctly, ship equipment correctly, stop overloading project managers, show up on time, trust your senior rep's abilities and advice over rookie PM's a thousand miles away from a job, do what you say, and stop making it so hard for reps, support, subcontractors and customers (and you know all the complaints) to do business with you. It used to be a good business. Also, stop trying to enforce illegal automatic roll overs on contracts. Make your customers WANT to renew. The market and technology are not the reasons why you have severe customer churn and a negative net gain.

"I saw it coming"

Former Employee - Client Satisfaction in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Client Satisfaction in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some great people. We all had the same feeling of doom when coming to work. At least there were other people that understood how you were feeling day to day. It is unfortunate you have to layoff so many people, good and bad.

Cons

Having car shows, but not wanting to pay people for their service. Expecting the most out of people while morale was low. Did not care about employee retention. Not caring why people were looking for jobs and leaving. We were not stupid and saw how you were letting people go for any reason and not replacing them. You lied to the employees stating their jobs were secure, yet look at you now. I hope you guys are proud. I don't regret working there as it served it's purpose. I have never seen or met people in management like the ones at mood. The egos and lack of team building, training, compassion, and the know how of how to properly do the job is mind blowing. People are not jumping ship before it hits the bottom of the ocean.

Advice to Management

I see the results of running a company into the ground. You should have learned from the last time.

"I'd give it a ZERO if I could"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some co-workers were awesome to work with & the snack machines were cheap

Cons

Upper Management is THE WORST!, no raises in over 7 years, no reviews so you don't even know how you're doing, management talks down to everyone, doesn't communicate at all and then makes changes and expects you to adapt, NO RAISES...did I mention that? When asked about raises I was laughed at but I'm sure management lined their pockets w/bonuses. Told if you don't like it...there's the door. What good company does that? I worked there for 11 years and when I told my boss I got a new job, he froze me out for 3 days and didn't speak to me. Talk about disrespectful and disheartening. They let go of remote senior sales support and then hired more at their Ft Mill location. They stressed WE LOVE OUR SALES TEAM and then let go of about 20 yesterday (1/26/17). They only care about inside sales rep because they don't have expenses and can sit at a desk and call. Terrible work ethic on senior management. I used to DREAD coming into work for the last 5 years I worked there but now I couldn't be happier w/my new job. I would say run for the hills or really think about where you want to go if you work here. There is no loyalty w/them and they will let you go in a minute. Keep searching because there are better jobs that pay you what you're worth. DON'T SETTLE!!

Advice to Management

Start at the top and FIRE yourselves and start again. Pay your employees what they are worth & give yourself a pay cut. You are old, set in your ways and you wonder why the company is failing? Take a look at yourselves!

"bush league"

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

i held various sales positions across the country and the paycheck cashed. had to fight for expense check though!! cool vibe at first.

Cons

always had to fight for expense checks!! cool vibe at first, that changed over the years. absolute bush league management and leadership. horrible reputation with customers, changed name after merger with largest competitors and couldn't hide behind that. keep walking, a better gig will come along.

"Terrible Company"

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Casual dress code. Decent benefits. Location is awesome in downtown Austin. Parking is far but it's free.

Cons

Horrible culture. No real training. Outdated software and hardware. Very poor leaders, likely due to the lack of training. Outdated organizational model.

Advice to Management

TRAIN MANAGERS TO LEAD AND BUILD TEAM MENTALITY. I

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no pros except getting a check

Cons

Inept management.. poor benefits.. I could go on but it's not worth any more time

Advice to Management

Get real leaders who understand people

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of many pro's. Able to set own schedule, 401k -good if your are making any sales, health benefits are decent

Cons

Countelss cons! Don't even think about working here if you are a serious sales person. There are couple of good local sales managers, who are not appreciated for being "good". Currently the company places all value and support towards inside sales i.e. most all warm/good leads go to this department and decent compensation, resources/support and added employees are being placed here. Outside/Local sales people are not valued nor supported unless you are selling what executive management has placed emphasis on -which is digital signage. No accolades given for selling anything else. Most nes outside local sales people quit within 3 months or hang on until their draw balance reahes the tipping point of no return. But hey if you want to keep your paying job and work this one too Mood is more then happy to give you $25k, a car allowance in benefits. There ust be some write off in this for them as it appears to be a re-occuring formula. If you do make sales good luck tracing your commissions. This system called Oracle has many problems and by design (ha) it makes consistent error that favor Mood's wallet not yours. A local sales persons title at Mood should be Mood Charity benefactor not Account Executive etc., Higher ups are pretty much non existent or hiding behind smoke and mirrors to keep their Teslas, & Porche's. They will find ways to take money out your pocket- no raises, add of support to audit commissions especially if a large one is due -you can be sure they will find a way error or take away that money. Also- don't work here if you have any dream of advancement, want appreciation for hard work and dedication, or desire to provide good customer service- you'll be sorely disappointment. Bottom line ...just don't! Don't work here, don't think you'll be or receive different. It's a good ole boy club steeped in falsehoods, lies, and border line corrupt.

Advice to Management

None to give.....you don't care, never have and never will. My hope- Karma will catch up so you'd better check it.

"Bad."

Current Employee - Administrative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

$.25 vending machines, relaxed dress code, free cookies once a month, office does "fun" events and live music every once in a while

Cons

Working at Mood is all stick and no carrot. The higher ups treat the people that work for them with zero respect. All they care about are numbers, their brand new Ferraris, but definitely not their employees.
    If you've been at the company less than 3 years you have to park in an unlit, dirt lot 1/2 a mile away from the office.
    You get the minimum holidays off (6 federal holidays), and supervisors are stingy with approving time off otherwise.
    Supervisors also write people up for being 2 minutes late (the people that are late are coming from the dirt lot that's a 15 minute walk away).
    The turn over rate is the worst I've ever seen - 12 people left in 4 months. So they are constantly having to train people so everyone else is always overloaded, and because the pay is so low the only people they can hire have zero experience in what the department does.

Mood does not care about its employees.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Care about your employees mental and physical well being. This ship is sinking and everyone knows it.
    Maybe have the execs stop buying flashy sports cars when the company is doing so poorly. Read the room, guys.

"No sense of accomplishment"

I have been working at Mood full-time

Pros

Nice co-workers. I get to listen to music (spotify) at my desk all day. $.25 Soda's in the vending machine

Cons

No raises. First raise was after 6 years of working here. No way to advance my career. Insulting points system offered instead of raises.