Mood Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Steve Richards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No raises especially with the ever increasing workload (CS and Service Delivery especially) (in 24 reviews)

• No one seems to know what's going on there (in 23 reviews)

"The Worst"

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress, some of your peers are great to work with. Cheap snacks. Facade of a good environment. Annual activities are fun.

Cons

This place is a meat grinder. Everyone kowtows to sales, and nearly all of them are prima donnas. If you have to deal with sales on any level, don't work here. They will pay you half of what you should be getting and make you feel you are lucky to even get that pittance. Workloads are terribly stacked, and even if you try and keep up you will be told it isn't enough. Certain people are allowed to skirt the line between abuse and harassment and never get any sort of comeuppance, in fact they will find a way to let you go instead of them.

"Impending Doom"

Current Employee - Customer Care in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dress code... this is about it.

Cons

Parking is terrible, managers are usless, other departments are no help.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

3. "Service Tech"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good pay and that is all

Cons

This company bought Muzak and DMX along with a few other companies. They immediately trashed an 80 yr old company and started ruining client relations . The upper management is a joke especially local and regional managers . They will do anything to keep bad reviews from reaching the CEO or board of directors.

Advice to Management

Clean house . Get rid of the managers who are just riding out their time till retirement.

"Reviews Are Sad But True"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you dont feel like working and doing as little as possible you can get away with it. Come in lane... no problem. Call in stick...no problem. Pretend to be on a special project to avoid taking calls.... no problem.

Cons

I found all the reviews of this place to be dead on. Racism. Sexism , favortism, harrasment ... its all true. If you want to learn what not do to follow this companys lead. Supervisors here are the most useless group around. You forward an e-mail and reply like you took care of it yourself? Not cool taking credit for others work.. Not cool showing favortism because you are related or friends outside of work. Some really good people work here and some really good people have been smart and left the company already. Its sad that the few good people are looking to leave ASAP. The people who pretend to work get away with murder because supervisors are to scared to say anything or because the place and HR as a company is so afraid of a lawsuit they fail to take appropriate action. The few woman in the office are subjected to poor behavior and managers turn a blind eye or participate in the non sense. How hard is it do the right thing? Customers are treated poorly because other departments fail at their jobs. Our services are out dated and our competitors simply do a better job at everything. Our so called management get punked and bullied by other departments on a daily basis. The office smells terrible because they fail to keep it clean and the smokers stink up the place. Its obvious to know who the bad workers are here and you fail at doing anything aboutit. Instead you lean on the few good workers to do more.

Advice to Management

Resign and leave already, You are whats wrong with the failed culture within the company.

"WORST. COMPANY. EVER."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I mean, maybe the dress code. You can wear pretty much anything. That's cool, I guess. Other than that, NOTHING.

Cons

FAVORITISM (If you're white, you're considered favorite)
    RACISM
    SEXUAL HARRASMENT
    NO MORE CARES ABOUT YOU
    MANAGEMENT IS THE WORST
    HR DOES NOTHING ABOUT ALL THESE ISSUES! NOOOTHINNGGG!
    PAY SUCKS. YOU GET NO RAISES. AT ALL! There's people working there 10+ years making the same money as someone working there for 2 days. I'm not kidding.
    SOOOOO MUCH DRAMA! My goodness it's worst than a reality TV show in there. There's groups who only talk to themselves and they all attack each other. It's actually hilarious to see. It's like high school in there. And obviously management has their favorites so they always , ALWAYS pick their sides. When I say there's favorites, believe me it is SO obvious. There's times I had to yell back at the supervisors for being so unfair.
    This is seriously the worst company I've ever dealt with. I felt sooooo free! So good leaving this hell hole. Seriously this place is hell. Even the manager does not want to be there. He always has a mad angry serious face that it's terrifying. No one likes talking to him. Don't work here. Seriously. I rather clean toilets at a McDonalds part time than deal with this company. I'm not even kidding.

Advice to Management

RESIGN!! LEAVE THE COMPANY! Because of you, we are leaving ! Because of management, the numbers suck, the people are miserable, people are leaving ! JUST LEAVE ALREADY!

Mood Response

Sep 7, 2017 – HR Coordinator

First off, I want to thank you for sharing your feedback. We take any report of misconduct or harassment extremely seriously, and are deeply disappointed to hear about your experience. We encourage... More

"Sales position"

Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Mood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is no positves to working with this company. They have succeeded at losing clients and employees in every area. They are more expensive then what their partners offer directly. Their core products are outdated to technology advancements. They lie to employees to fill positions and then the turnover begins.

Cons

Terrible opportunity . Inexperienced leadership and management. Plan designed to not make money and solutions are no longer valuable or relevant in the market place.

Advice to Management

Bankruptcy throughout the history of this company. You have established such a bad reputation with clients and employees

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great products and health benefits from day 1. Worked there for 8 months until I was offered a position as Business Development Manager for a software company through a personal relationship and then client.

Cons

Harvested Territory, Poor Management, Too High Priced even for the Stars, Took Way to long for any large proposal to big opportunities, Horrible Pay, Too much Favoritism to former employees of Muzak. Turn over rate was over 80% turn over rate, Nor Residual Commission for Account Executive. Most new Account Executives last less than a year.

Advice to Management

Have a Professional Ethic Staff for local Directors. Exam why so many Account Executives leave so quickly. Could it be your local Directors be unethical? Do you listen to any of your former employees? Speed up for your proposal time frame. You lost a great deal with The Stars because you took 6 weeks when you were only given 3 weeks. With your 6 month non recoverable draw, your Account Executives last just a bit longer. Very Poor Management

"Do not work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Pros

This is a terrible company.

Cons

Poor and failing manger. He is two faced, inexperienced, non-engaged, sits in the back and helps nobody. Weird-states weird comment, cut-throat....he is very strange and says one thing then does another-hmm there is a word for this-I will do everything in my power to discredit this company and lower their score and dissuade anyone from working here-and the list goes on-great job mood-way to retain talent!

Advice to Management

Get a clue-stop thinking so highly of yourselves-your just not that big of a deal

"Going down"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Mood (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not positive working at this company

Cons

Terrible mgmt does not care about employees and terrible compensation.

"Worst ever, run away!"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Mood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home Maybe? No other pros. Zero support.

Cons

Ask Ferrari money for 1984 Yugo service.

Advice to Management

Your business model is a decade outdated. You cannot confuse cutting back on customer service for saving money and moving the business forward.