Mood Sales Account Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Mood Sales Account Coordinator Reviews

Updated 11 de Apr 2016

Found 5 reviews

2.6
Mood CEO Steve Richards (no image)
Steve Richards

"Tough couple of years. Major improvement in 2015!"

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very interesting products that touch lots of people every day. I've heard about partnerships with Pandora, Shazam, Spotify, but don't really know details. Management does seem to care about employees and moral, just doesn't do a good job communicating it. Kinda funny. Think that there is good career path here as they seem to need new talent. Sales people seem to get all of the attention. That's good if you are... one.

Cons

2014 was tough based on computer system conversion to Oracle. Impacted lots of employees and clients. Still a challenge here and there, but much better now. Tough to merge the cultures of 2 company's that were such long time competitors (DMX and Muzak). Still some us vs. them mentality that runs along former company lines. Lots of senior leadership changes since I've been here that I think were linked to... investors and financial matters. The current group seems to be stable now, but they don't tell people what's going on

Advice to Management

Do a better job communicating with the employees in the various facilities in Austin. Be more transparent, good and bad. I hear good things when I actually poke around, but nobody knows about them. Employees need to know about what things mean to them, not to investors.

Mood2015-02-25

"Mood is an ok company to work for. Get in, get your work done, and head home at the end of the day."

Current Employee - Sales Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

You don't take your work home with you. Cheap snacks. Cool people. Casual dress code. The office location is great. The work isn't hard.

Cons

Mind numbing data entry. Monotony is your biggest enemy at mood. Sometimes you'll have no idea what's going on within the company.

Advice to Management

Employees need a broader picture of their place within the company. It will add purpose and a better understanding to the job at hand.

Mood2016-04-12

"Sales Account Coordinator"

Former Employee - Sales Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cheap vending machine. Generous PTO. Mostly good co-workers. Mood likes to say I'm sorry or keep you motivated with food.

Cons

Poor leadership. Stressful environment. Lack of communication. Issues are never addressed. Upper level employees and executives truly have no idea how their company works. There are examples everyday that show no one ever knows what's going on. Different departments are held up to different standards than everyone else. Chaotic.

Advice to Management

Mood has a lot of really great lower level employees who have good ideas and are good workers. Listen to them once in a while and follow through on what you say you are going to do.

Mood2016-02-17

Mood Response

March 31, 2016Human Resources Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for your poor experience at Mood. The Admin Department recently experienced a change in leadership and with that a Reorganization. Some positions were re-engineered which created 20 promotable positions within the department, and thus ...

"They don't care about the employees"

Current Employee - Sales Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is cool stuff we get, like bands come play once a month for about 10 minutes.

Cons

The management is all over the place. No one cares about you if you're not management. The turnover is so high. Low pay for stressful work.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. Stop making us work overtime and come in on weekends.

Mood2015-04-05

"Working for Mood Media"

Former Employee - Sales Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

I found the people on my team the best, but not much after that.

Cons

The pay was not substantial for the work required. The management or lack there of was not conducive or encouraging to get your work done with a positive attitude. There was a lot of gossip that surrounded the office.

Advice to Management

Be more encouraging and get employees motivated to do a good job.

Mood2014-07-16