Mood "dress code" Reviews | Glassdoor

Mood Employee Reviews about "dress code"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 294 reviews

2.7
Mood CEO Steve Richards (no image)
Steve Richards
Pros
  • "The dress code is business casual and, overall, Mood has a very relaxed culture(in 18 reviews)

• "ample time off, casual dress code, offices for some(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no raises, the only pay increase is by moving departments, making it feel like they don't care about their very high turn over(in 28 reviews)

• "No one seems to know what's going on there(in 24 reviews)

Reviews about "dress code"

Return to all Reviews

"It's not all bad for a dead-end job"

I have been working at Mood full-time

Pros

Lack of strict dress code. They don't pay anyone enough to require business formal. Also, when you're off the clock... you're actually off the clock.

Cons

The sales team and sales training dept is the weakest point of the company. Some of the dumbest people I've ever interacted with are within Mood's sales... on top of this, they provide zero training for our sales teams. They don't know what our services/products consist of or how they work, let alone any basic process concerning their own position. Trying to get any information or clarification from sales is a joke.... This company will fire the an above-average employee for no reason, but will never fire any sales associate because of the horrendous turn-over rate.

Advice to Management

Companies this big are difficult to manage correctly to a fine detail, but the lack of effort and management concerning the sales dept is deplorable. Our cancellation rate has only increased in the past few years, and Mood has done nothing to prevent this. Fix the sales dept and Mood's image won't be a joke as it currently is.

Mood2018-11-29
  2. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, Supervisors are always there when you need them, the company gives incentives, dress code is casual, great people to work with we are more like a family then co workers.

Cons

The only con is that the pay could be better for the job we do. I love my job and I am good at it but I feel as though the pay could be better. This is not a easy job and you truly have to focus, this job is not for the weak minded and with all the changes lately they ask a lot of you for the amount you get paid.

Advice to Management

I am thankful for all that you do and help that you give, I truly enjoy working in a small " family " environment. Keep up the good work!

Mood2017-10-24

"Totally Disorganized"

Former Employee - Premier Service Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual dress code, cheap snacks

Cons

No one seems to know what's going on there. Management does not think proactively. Pay is way under other companies.

Advice to Management

Fire the people that don't do their jobs and promote those that do.

Mood2017-08-08

"WORST. COMPANY. EVER."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing. I mean, maybe the dress code. You can wear pretty much anything. That's cool, I guess. Other than that, NOTHING.

Cons

FAVORITISM (If you're white, you're considered favorite) RACISM SEXUAL HARRASMENT NO MORE CARES ABOUT YOU MANAGEMENT IS THE WORST HR DOES NOTHING ABOUT ALL THESE ISSUES! NOOOTHINNGGG! PAY SUCKS. YOU GET NO RAISES. AT ALL! There's people working there 10+ years making the same money as someone working there for 2 days. I'm not kidding. SOOOOO MUCH DRAMA! My goodness it's worst than a reality TV show in there.... There's groups who only talk to themselves and they all attack each other. It's actually hilarious to see. It's like high school in there. And obviously management has their favorites so they always , ALWAYS pick their sides. When I say there's favorites, believe me it is SO obvious. There's times I had to yell back at the supervisors for being so unfair. This is seriously the worst company I've ever dealt with. I felt sooooo free! So good leaving this hell hole. Seriously this place is hell. Even the manager does not want to be there. He always has a mad angry serious face that it's terrifying. No one likes talking to him. Don't work here. Seriously. I rather clean toilets at a McDonalds part time than deal with this company. I'm not even kidding.

Advice to Management

RESIGN!! LEAVE THE COMPANY! Because of you, we are leaving ! Because of management, the numbers suck, the people are miserable, people are leaving ! JUST LEAVE ALREADY!

Mood2017-08-31

Mood Response

September 7, 2017HR Coordinator

First off, I want to thank you for sharing your feedback. We take any report of misconduct or harassment extremely seriously, and are deeply disappointed to hear about your experience. We encourage individuals to report such allegations to their direct management, HR or to our anonymous ...

"Terrible Company"

I worked at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are great. Casual dress code. Decent benefits. Location is awesome in downtown Austin. Parking is far but it's free.

Cons

Horrible culture. No real training. Outdated software and hardware. Very poor leaders, likely due to the lack of training. Outdated organizational model.

Advice to Management

TRAIN MANAGERS TO LEAD AND BUILD TEAM MENTALITY. I

Mood2016-12-31

"Bad."

Current Employee - Administrative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

$.25 vending machines, relaxed dress code, free cookies once a month, office does "fun" events and live music every once in a while

Cons

Working at Mood is all stick and no carrot. The higher ups treat the people that work for them with zero respect. All they care about are numbers, their brand new Ferraris, but definitely not their employees. If you've been at the company less than 3 years you have to park in an unlit, dirt lot 1/2 a mile away from the office. You get the minimum holidays off (6 federal holidays), and supervisors are stingy with... approving time off otherwise. Supervisors also write people up for being 2 minutes late (the people that are late are coming from the dirt lot that's a 15 minute walk away). The turn over rate is the worst I've ever seen - 12 people left in 4 months. So they are constantly having to train people so everyone else is always overloaded, and because the pay is so low the only people they can hire have zero experience in what the department does. Mood does not care about its employees.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Care about your employees mental and physical well being. This ship is sinking and everyone knows it. Maybe have the execs stop buying flashy sports cars when the company is doing so poorly. Read the room, guys.

Mood2016-12-07

"Great Culture and Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Mood full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the work environment, the people I work with and work for, and the job that I have. The company is continually growing. The dress code is business casual and, overall, Mood has a very relaxed culture.

Cons

I know people who have worked there for many years and have not received a raise in a very long time. Multiple people say that Mood "just doesn't give raises". That can be discouraging.

Advice to Management

In order to keep good people around, you need to give them an incentive to stay! Raises that are either yearly, based on performance, or inflation might be something good to implement. It isn't enough that a promotion might lead to more pay. There should be raises or bonuses within the postions people already have. Especially if they are reliable and hard-working!

Mood2016-07-23

"Steady Income but large workload"

CS & Service Delivery in Austin, TX

I worked at Mood

Pros

- Schedules can be fair - Cheap vending machines - Friendly coworkers create a supportive learning environment - Lots of new technical skills gained - Lots of opportunities for overtime - Innovative ideas always floating about - Casual dress code - If you show up and do what's asked it's okay money for a single person - Commission based sales can be helpful if you want it - YouEearnedIt points system can be... helpful for little treats on the side Service Delivery structural revamp providing to be the most efficient department there honestly.

Cons

- No raises especially with the ever increasing workload (CS and Service Delivery especially) - Hard/efficient workers may not get promotions even after being there for 5+ yrs mostly due to favoritism or few desirable spots - No consistency with protocols since things are constantly changing

Advice to Management

I understand the constantly evolving nature of this business but there needs to be better communication between departments and upper management. There are a few golden people in supervisory roles that make things worthwhile but upper management needs to make more of a constructive effort to reach out to employee needs and create fair review methods (including raises per review is also SUPER helpful, otherwise,... what's the point?) There are lots of employees that work hard and sometimes paying them a little more with some recognition is helpful.

Mood2016-07-09

"Mood is an ok company to work for. Get in, get your work done, and head home at the end of the day."

Current Employee - Sales Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood full-time for less than a year

Pros

You don't take your work home with you. Cheap snacks. Cool people. Casual dress code. The office location is great. The work isn't hard.

Cons

Mind numbing data entry. Monotony is your biggest enemy at mood. Sometimes you'll have no idea what's going on within the company.

Advice to Management

Employees need a broader picture of their place within the company. It will add purpose and a better understanding to the job at hand.

Mood2016-04-12

"Cookie cutter organization that doesn't care about employees"

Technical Support Engineer - Tier III in Seattle, WA

I worked at Mood

Pros

Lots of PTO, casual dress code

Cons

No raises, no reviews, management doesn't care in the least about staff, you can come to work and kill yourself working hard or sleep in the closet and no one cares, absolutely no reason or motivation to try. Company hires untalented, unskilled people because they can pay them less, while the talented and skilled people take on extra work and responsibility with no extra pay. Top level management lies to everyone... below them in order to keep them around until they decide to lay them off. The list goes on, but I will let the many other bad reviews speak to this. DMX was the only good company in the merger, but was spoiled by Muzak and Mood. RIP DMX.

Advice to Management

Invest in talent, stop laying people off and moving them to Fort Mill, make employees feel like you actually care by giving reviews and raises. You will do none of this, and I assume you will continue to lay people off and move positions to Fort Mill.

Mood2015-09-09