KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 617 of over 768 reviews

4.3
Moog CEO John Scannell
John Scannell
Pros
  • "Collaborative work environment and fun so much(in 42 reviews)

• "Great place to work with great people(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management is stuck in olden days when it comes to operating models, trying "new" things now that were new 5-10 years ago(in 12 reviews)

• "Senior management is completely non-present except for the occasional all employee e-mail(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Moog and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

There is no place like Moog!

Nov 24, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool technology, great colleagues, compassionate leadership

Cons

Sometimes too mush time taken to reach consensus

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

The place you want to be....

Nov 11, 2021 - Quality Assurance Specialist in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay grade levels exceed area average. Flexibility, PTO time are exceptionally good Benefits, you contribute a portion to the packages offered along with many options to which fits you and your family. Culture is stable with the times, considering what it takes these days to keep it balanced from business level to employees' well being. Stability.... there's plenty reasons why so many have worked here for 20, 30, 40 and 50 years! Pride.... so many co-workers exemplify in what they do and what they put out knowing what it's being applied to.

Cons

A few petty ones but the pros outweigh them. We're all in a (pandemic) time and things will sort out.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of management

Nov 26, 2021 - Assembler Tester in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are really good. 401k has a really nice match. Picnic and the Moog bash are pretty cool.

Cons

There really are excessive amounts of management tiers- to the point that most of us in A&T don’t even know what their roles are, or even who they are.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good pay. Terrible company

Sep 10, 2021 - Assembler/Tester in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was GREAT! AS FAR AS Assembly/Test positions go, pay is well above what you'll get anywhere else. Moved to flexible vacation before I left, eliminating the traditional vacation bank. Can take as much PTO as you want, based on manager approval. This can be good or bad, depending on who your manager is and if they're willing to sign off on your PTO.

Cons

Where to even begin! Too many managers! And a bunch of them have business degrees, meaning they don't know anything about manufacturing! They were absolutely useless. Rather than hire more managers, hire more A&T and machine shop workers! Lots of OT, which can be good or bad depending on who your supervisor is and if they mandate OT. Long, stressful work days. Was hired on into A&T with the expectation that in a year or so I'd move up into an Engineering or Technician role. I was there for 3 years in A&T before I got fed up and found a different job. I took a $15k a year pay cut to leave Moog a year ago and have absolutely 0 regrets about my move. How Moog maintains its reputation as a good place to work is beyond me! Talk to any of the employees who've worked there for a while and they'll tell you Moog isn't what it used to be when Bill Moog was running the place. My advice to people considering a job here would be to reconsider, or follow my lead and spend a few years there before moving on. It pays well and despite being a horrible employer, will look great on your resume when you eventually get fed up and decide to look for a job elsewhere!

Moog Response

Your Friends at Moog

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience with us. While we’re glad that you found the pay to be a bonus, we would like to address what you describe in your Cons field. At Moog, we strive to uphold a positive and inclusive working environment for all of our employees. Our goal is to be a balanced organization where management and technical support work seamlessly in conjunction with one another. As times evolve and our company continues to expand, we are constantly working to be a fluid organization while maintaining the culture and spirit of what makes Moog a great place to work. We recognize that we have wonderful employees and we don’t want anyone to feel discouraged. We work hard to create an environment that helps develop our talent and we are sorry your experience here didn’t deliver on that commitment. We appreciate your candor and wish you nothing but success in your career.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering in WNY

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Design Engineer in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering 1st, "Bean Counters" 2nd Friendly workplace Environment, High Work-Life Balance

Cons

Typical Management/Worker Bee lack of communication

6. 1.0

A Great Multi-Generational Story With an Awful Ending

Oct 20, 2021 - Engineer in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The history, the people, and the once-incredible culture that truly captured the essence of “We’re All In This TOGETHER.”

Cons

Pandering to a corrupt government regime, and interpreting Brandon’s vaccine mandate/dictate as “legislation.” Affording the entire organization no time to prepare. You have certain members of management speaking to employees about vaccination as if they were livestock. I’m not sure this aligns with the culture handbook.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 18, 2021 - Engineer in East Aurora, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and room for career growth

Cons

Deadlines and projects can get stressful, certainly not a unique attribute to Moog though.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company to Work For

Nov 22, 2021 - Subcontracts Manager in Torrance, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, secure employment (very hard to get fired), flexible work from home arrangements post-COVID19

Cons

Outdated systems (i.e. MRP software is from 1978), poor onboarding training (non-existent), culture of accepting mediocrity

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Highly Recommend

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place, you get exposure to many different departments. Walked away with a lot of valuable knowledge.

Cons

Commute was too much from where I live, otherwise I would have stayed.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Behind the averages

Oct 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Currently working from home, but will be forced to back into the office

Cons

Moog doesn't pay fairly for what they should be in the market. They also state they are surprised how productive people are able to work from home, but then are forcing people back into the office in a hybrid format instead of allowing employees to work with managers about what is best. They also came out with a new rule that you can't look at career growth opportunities unless you have been in a position for a year. There are also always hiring freezes so they aren't willing to hire the employees they need

3 people found this review helpful