Moogsoft Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Moogsoft CEO Phil Tee
Phil Tee
  1. Featured Review

"Recent reviews don't paint the bigger picture at Moogsoft"

I worked at Moogsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great technology (lot's of granted and filed patents) - A lot of great, talented people remain at Moogsoft - The new incoming executive leadership hasn't had a chance to deliver results - A very large addressable market and ripe for disruption - Changes are happening for the long term success of Moogsoft

Cons

- Lot's of change happening all at once - Lot's of emotion associated with the layoff (apparent in reviews) - Poor communication from CEO to company on significant changes and leadership changes - Product complexity

Advice to Management

- Don't write off the reviews by current and former employees. Listen, learn and improve - Don't lose the great culture that Moogsoft built over many years - Communicate often and be transparent on both positive and negative events - Product complexity and delivery should be a top priority

Moogsoft2018-12-11

"It's been a great 3+ years!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-I love the people - very familial vibe -Awesome office in Kingston, Denver and San Francisco -Great work life balance -Perks and benefits are great

Cons

-Some turnover in executive leadership recently

Moogsoft2019-05-29

"Good people wrestling with many unaddressed problems"

Former Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I worked at Moogsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

valuable core product; a lot of industry experience across the company; a lot of friendly, approachable people

Cons

a lot of ego, various people putting pressure on individual contributors for what they want, often in conflict with other goals; very poor dissemination of knowledge between and within departments; constant firefighting, minor issues prioritised and addressed post-haste, no overarching strategy or commitment for product maintenance or quality assurance; some really counter-productive or sometimes even toxic people...

Advice to Management

Sort out the situation in UK office - there's virtually no real, meaningful leadership and the morale is low. If a strategy or process is put forward - be ready to commit to it, rather than dismissing it almost immediately due to firefights - emergencies can be managed in a different way.

Moogsoft2019-05-01

"Not recommended"

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant

I worked at Moogsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few fun and nice work colleagues Solid AI technology

Cons

Unqualified people promoted to leadership positions, including executive level, who have no idea how to lead nor how to run their part of the organization. Poor deployment process due to overly complicated solution combined with extremely inadequate consultant onboarding.

Advice to Management

Positive messages to the team are great, but you need to focus on running the business with higher quality and knowledgeable leadership.

Moogsoft2019-04-24

"Fantastic Technology, Better Teamwork"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable, experienced management. Focused team, helpful people.

Cons

Global team in many timezones.

Advice to Management

Invest some time in building culture.

Moogsoft2019-04-23

"Should Have Jumped Ship Sooner"

I worked at Moogsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lazy work culture in that it's a very non-committal job. This definitely isn't a place you need to devote more time than you have to. Low stress. I.e. not a high bar to meet for performance reviews. Due to incompetent management, not a lot is expected from their employees. Some solid people still riding out the storm (why haven't you left yet!)

Cons

- Management is stocked full of incompetency in most departments (Exec, Marketing, Engineering, sales.) and their hiring/promoting make it clear they are not doing anything to change this. - Product is quickly becoming obsolete in the market and Moogsoft doesn't have the technical know-how to change. - Moog can't attract good talent because of 1) the competitive job market and 2) all the negative press they've...

Advice to Management

1) Stop writing fake reviews. It's self-evident who in management is doing this and these are the people who are the root cause of the problem. 2) Leave. Seriously. You (the management) have done tremendous damage to the company and you'd do everyone a favor if you stopped making it worse.

Moogsoft2019-04-18

"Redefining the economics of IT Operations with AIOps"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Marketing & Field Enablement in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

AIOps (Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations) is an industry game changer, and Moogsoft is leading the market with innovation (~47 patents), customer adoption and expanding partner ecosystem.

Cons

Life in a tornado market ;-)

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on customer success. Keep making the journey fun.

Moogsoft2019-04-11

"Poised w/ Endless Potential & A Plan To Execute"

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Approachable and knowledgable executive, leadership and management staff A Vision, a Strategy and a Plan, that's well communicated and committed to Support from staff in all walks of the business, especially the executive and leadership Driven and talented individuals Very customer focused Excellent work life balance & flexibility Great people to work with, hang out with and fun events to attend

Cons

The IP is there and continues to grow, now we're maturing and focused, yet continuing to have fun, I don't see any cons.

Advice to Management

Stay approachable, stay open minded, continue to support and encourage staff growth, continue to communicate, stay focused.

Moogsoft2019-04-11

"Great experience so far"

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people, laid back culture, great work/life balance, very little in the way of politics or ego, strong new management team. I'd have to say this is the best corporate culture I've worked at, so I don't understand the negative reviews.

Cons

Could use more communication across departments. No other downsides in my experience so far. Whether it'll continue to be great and offer career opportunities in the long run is too early for me to tell.

Advice to Management

Like I said, it's a very strong corporate culture, and management seems to actually care about the employees as well as building a strong business. I recommend they not lose that focus as they grow.

Moogsoft2019-04-02

"Fake Review and Sinking ship"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Moogsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nothing I can think of.

Cons

there are tons of fake reviews, like the other person said, there are barely 200 employees and you see 190 some reviews, there is no way there are this many reviews, for contrast, tinder a company with 540 employees, only has 51 reviews. The management are really bad and have unrealistic expectations. We recently just hired a COO who was charged with fraud by the SCC. There was also a big recent layoff.

Advice to Management

keep the right people and stop promoting people based on politics.

Moogsoft2019-03-28

Moogsoft Response

April 1, 2019

We appreciate your feedback. We aren't aware of any SE's based out of New York. However, your perseverance is commendable...there is absolutely nothing positive at Moogsoft and yet you have been working here 3+ years? Our COO is doing a fantastic job and if you have concerns as an ...

Found 157 reviews