Moore & Scarry Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Moore & Scarry Advertising Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.5
Moore & Scarry Advertising CEO Paul Caldwell and Tom Kerr  (no image)
Paul Caldwell and Tom Kerr
Pros
  • "MSA is always celebrating their employees, they are always seeking new ways for their employees to have fun(in 8 reviews)

• "This business takes hard work and if you're willing to put in the effort you'll have a rewarding experience(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Know that if you join MSA you will work long hours(in 9 reviews)

• "At MSA it is noticed, appreciated and rewarded(in 8 reviews)

"Hard work does not go unnoticed."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Moore and Scarry for almost 9 months and couldn't have better things to say about this company. If you are a self starter that doesn't do micro-managing, then this company is for you. There are a ton of opportunities to climb the ladder as long as you are willing to work for it. It is a fast growing company so there are ample opportunities for you to carve out your perfect position. The atmosphere... is fast paced where no two days are the same, but hard work doesn't go unnoticed. I started as an AC with little experience and have since risen through the ranks thanks to the help of all of my teammates.

Cons

The job is difficult, but if you are a self starter that wants to start a career in advertising, this is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-06-27

"Please Read This!"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Experience with fast paced industry but you sacrifice your life and free time for it. Owner is rarely in the office. They will provide you dinner if you stay past 8pm (Staying past 8 happens a lot but getting dinner most times doesn't happen) Overtime Pay (If you are offered a salary position here don't take it)

Cons

Owner holds no value on any of the employees...literally you are just a warm body that he thinks you pay too much already. Account People are not trained well. Some don't deserve to be there but are "favorites" of the owner so will never get reprimanded for treating other co-workers horribly. There is one person that handles all the problems in the office and when I say handles she basically promises you she... will fix them and then never does a single thing to. HR is not located in this office so all conversations have to be done over the phone or by email. Way too many jobs to complete daily without any appreciation of the team staying until 10-12 at night. Not enough pay for the work we put in (unlimited revisions) also they don't promote within very often if at all. Raises only happen after a year and if you have no previous write ups and they tell you what its gonna be annually so it sounds like a lot but in the end is pretty much penny's. I was there for 3 years and saw 3 full art department's (HIGH TURNAROUND) In my time there I became the 2nd employee to stay the longest. *Also just a little cautionary tale. The happiest, nicest person I have ever met in my life and who found the positive in everything; Walked out of this job without any kind of notice, what does that really say about the company? ...EVERYTHING!

Advice to Management

Treat the Art Department like they matter. Promote/ Give Raises to the people who stay longer than 6 months. Have the HR person actually visit the office so she can help those that are beyond miserable. Find a way everyone can have work~life balance. If you aren't gonna change any of these things I have mentioned at least bring back unlimited PTO so those employees can get just a little time away from... you before they lose their sanity.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2018-06-19

"Run."

Former Employee - Creative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was treated with respect because I had skills the ownership/management wanted.

Cons

Far and away the most morale-destroying, backbreaking, brutally dull advertising job I ever had. Midlevel managers were given trifling advantages over boiler room staff and guarded their perquisites jealously. Upper management cynically exploited the workforce—anchored by art school newbies—with low pay, unrelenting deadlines, mercurial creative reviews, and a pecking order right out of the prom in "Carrie". Why?... Far as I can tell, the brains behind management were clever-but-amoral salesmen who played cowboy when pitching auto dealership clients, promising them the moon, and then horsewhipping the staff to deliver on what any other advertising agency would call unrealistic expectations. The only reason this place exists is because it's southwest Florida where the creative opportunities are nil. Also, the creative sucks. GET OUT.

Advice to Management

Maybe instead close shop and run one of those factories overseas where they install netting on the roof to keep workers from jumping off.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2018-03-02

"Toxic workplace"

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO. Drink beer while you work on Fridays.

Cons

LONG hours. Over worked and WAY under paid. Workload is far too much for one person to handle without wanting to drive off a bridge at the end of the day. Human resources and department managers keep nothing private and are extremely unprofessional. Work environment feels like a frat/sorority house - if you aren't best friends with a manager, coworkers will team up on you and make your work 10x harder than it needs... to be. Company has extremely high turnover, constantly people coming and going. Favoritism is VERY apparent in all departments. Work produced is recycled ideas from other jobs. Teams take 2+ hour lunches and leave underdogs to do all the work. Never positive reinforcement, they only tell you constantly what you could do better.

Advice to Management

Try to remember that you are a business professional and not a high schooler.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2018-01-18

"Pucker Up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual Dress Beer Fridays Overall the people you will actually interact with will be decent human beings just trying to do a job. You'll learn a lot from your co-workers and it's a great resume builder.

Cons

Management is awful, rude, disrespectful, and pretty unintelligent. If you don't pucker up and brown nose to management you'll be publicly disrespected. It's basically high school. (Jocks and mean girls = management and their minions) Save your sanity, the minimal pay is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat people with respect, pay people adequately, and GET OVER YOURSELF.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-08-04
  6. "Fun and Rewarding"

I have been working at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management treats their staff with respect. Fast paced environment keeps you always on your toes and you're never bored. Great commission structure for the Account Service team. All members of the staff get along and work well together to get things done. The monthly team building days in the office are highlights each month.

Cons

Some of the client demands and feedback are tough to not take personally. The company as a whole helps walk you through how to work through these demands which is helpful.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the fun team building days. We all enjoy them!

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-06-27

"let go without probation"

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time

Pros

casual young staff little office space

Cons

long hours bad training rude bosses

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-07-11
  8. "Account Coordinator"

I have been working at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time

Pros

High paced, casual, and intelligent environment. Great employee benefits.

Cons

Occasionally communication problems occur from the chaos of the job.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-06-07

"I can't wait to get out of here"

Current Employee - Representative in Cape Coral, FL

Pros

Fridays. The boss isn't here most of the time. Casual dress code.

Cons

Where to begin? The pay is subpar. The management is awful. The environment is toxic. And your fed to believe that beer Fridays are what make the culture great! You made to feel that working after hours is normal when it shouldn't be. Advice to management is treat your employees with dignity and respect.

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-07-04

"Mildly Interesting Work, Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Moore & Scarry Advertising full-time for more than a year

Pros

Could be a stepping stone into the marketing world if you lack experience

Cons

Awful pay Upper management is egotistical and disrespectful High turnover Over-promised clients

Moore & Scarry Advertising2017-04-17