Moovweb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Ajay Kapur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Job. Most growth in shortest time in my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I would consider myself a driven individual and it really pays off at Moovweb. I have seen other driven individuals have the same success. There is plenty of space to fill and grow into new areas and we are encouraged to grow. CEO has actually said "If you hit a point where you are not growing and Moovweb does not have the space for you to grow then we will applaud as venture to your next endeavor." "Choosing Growth over Comfort" is the first principle we have and it is brought up regularly.
    So if you are looking to make impactful changes and grow in your career then working at Moovweb is a great fit.

The team I work on is very motivated and passionate about their work while maintaining a humble mindset. We work hard to communicate effectively and give each other respect. I love my team and the amount of trust is great and ever increasing.

Management cuts through fluff very well and is very good at keeping a high level view, staying focussed on our goals. I have a lot of respect for every manager I have worked with so far and have learned many things from each one along the way. They have all recognized my efforts and the efforts of others and made them public, sharing encouraging words and thoughtful remarks.

There is a good work/life balance especially for a start up. You are expected to perform your duties and if you are not able to then you are put on a path to make you successful. If you are sacrificing your time outside of expected work hours you are often recognized for caring about your team and your company (another principle). Many of us work remote and this allows for deeper concentration as well as the ability to take care of normal life events with flexibility. We are treated with respect and trust The hours don't really matter as long as you contribute.

The pay is great, the fully stocked kitchen is great, HR is great, Christmas party is great (as well as all the other company events), unlimited PTO is great, transparency is great and continues to improve when simply asked for.

Cons

Regular start up stuff.
    non matching 401k.
    Make it or break it moments.

Advice to Management

Please keep educating and encouraging team members.
    Continue to keep things about the company as transparent as possible.

2. "No Product Market Fit"

I worked at Moovweb full-time

Pros

Met some very smart folks there

Cons

No product market fit, never seemed to transition from a services company to a product company.

"One of the best work environments, challenging, growth oriented, and very little bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Moovweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was planning on taking several months off between jobs and was turning down recruiters left and right. I had set, or so I thought, ridiculously high standards for where I wanted to work next. I figured that would give me some time off and if something did come along that met those criteria I would be willing to go back to work. Unfortunately, that didn't last long; someone told me about Moovweb—it met ALL of my criteria, so I had to at least investigate.

I had an extremely positive impression of the company and the executive team after interviewing—shockingly so. The work seemed interesting and challenging. After working here for some time, I can confidently say, my initial impression has been further confirmed.

What makes Moovweb different? In short, they score high in pretty much every category that matters to me. It's one of those rare planets all aligning once in a thousand years kind of things.

There is tremendous growth opportunity. Both from an organizational perspective, and as an opportunity to learn and grow my skillset.

Moovweb has some of the most talented people I have worked with and there is much to learn from each other. There is a lot of diversity of experience and ideas. This can sometimes lead to passionate debates but everyone has the same goal and approaches things with an open mind. Despite the occasional disagreement I have tremendous respect for my coworkers and feel they have the same respect for me. It is through these debates that the best solutions are found and I often learn something new.

Teamwork and inter-department workflows feel efficient, cohesive, and smooth. I feel valued and appreciated.

The company focuses on getting results and doesn't get in your way with bureaucracy, procedures, excessive meetings, and silly things that prevent you from doing your best work. They are open to suggestions and I feel like my feedback and suggestions are seriously considered.

Being results oriented means they are flexible when it comes to vacation and work hours. As long as you get your work done nobody cares how long you are in the office, if you come into the office, or if you want to take some time off.

Compensation is excellent. Sometimes I feel pressured to choose between somewhere I would rather work and a place that pays more. This wasn't the case at all with Moovweb. The compensation is on the higher end of the market.

The work is challenging and engaging. This is important to be in "Flow" (Csikszentmihalyi). That is actually one of the official company values (flow) and something I find very rewarding at the company. It's rare that a company optimizes for it. They actually do care about this.

The product requires solutions to hard problems. I love working on these kinds of solutions.

It's not perfect, but it's the best I have come across so far at any startup.

Cons

Overall I am very happy but, if I had to choose something, I would say my biggest complaint is not having a good work/life balance. I know this is typical for startups but it seems like Moovweb requires more hours than most. I feel ok making this sacrifice though because of the personal growth that comes out of it, the excellent compensation, and the flexibility to take time off when I need it. I don't mind temporary hardship if it makes me a stronger person.

Part of being growth oriented means always setting high standards. Most of the expectations seem appropriate but I feel some of them are unrealistic or in areas I don't have any desire to grow in (managerial aspects). It can be a source of stress but it is pretty minor.

More of a nit, but the code linting is overly aggressive and pointless for many of the rules. It's the exception. It's an annoying child that whines incessantly when everything doesn't go its way and prevents you from getting your job done. Seriously, who would put a comma there if they weren't forced to, and why are you wasting my time with it? Linting to catch potential errors is great, but I wish it would just shut up about things that don't matter.

Advice to Management

Most of my gripes are fairly minor and common to just having a job. I don't think I would change anything.

"Great employer with fantastic coworkers"

Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Front End Engineer

I have been working at Moovweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Moovweb for about two years, and I can't say enough good things about how impressive the whole experience has been. The work is exciting and engaging, the team is very talented and full of top-notch people, and there are lots of opportunities for growth at many different levels. The company seems to be on an upward trajectory, and there is a lot to be excited about as far as long-term prospects go.

Perhaps most importantly, I've been very impressed at how management treats their employees like adults. There is a high level of respect for everybody's opinions and personal lives, and work-life balance is very good. Management is also very transparent, which breeds trust among the team.

Cons

Some of the benefits (health care plan, no 401k match) are lacking a bit, but that's to be expected from a smaller startup. There are still other solid benefits, including the uncapped PTO and the fully-stocked kitchen.

"Incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time

Pros

Moovweb's one of the few startups that's been around a while, that still has an incredible market opportunity in front of it. As a salesperson, I've been blown away by the number of prospects I've talked with that have big, intractable problems that Moovweb can solve. After years of working with top-tier eCommerce companies, Moovweb's built a suite of powerful enabling technologies and services expertise. It's been a joy to help position and sell products that can address so many client problems.

Moovweb has lots of the quintessential startup perks. Flexible work hours, office snacks and the ability to bite off as much responsibility as you can handle. There are big time growth opportunities available for anyone looking to take the next step in their career.

Cons

Any growing company will have growing pains. There isn't a lot of structure and process at the company. If you need specific direction in order to get your job done, Moovweb probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

The executives have a wealth of domain knowledge and a great vision for the company. They should take more opportunities to communicate that vision and rally the troops.

"I love Moovweb"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been able to learn, grow and choose my own path at Moovweb. They encourage you to explore and expand your role and when you do they recognize it. I've been promoted and received raises - all unsolicited and based on performance. Do well and you WILL be rewarded.

It's a small-ish and growing company, which I personally like better than working at a larger company. There is always a new challenge to tackle and the work never feels monotonous to me.

I've had a great many jobs and my time at Moovweb has been the best experience I've had at any company, hands down.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of the open office environment, it doesn't match my work style well. Others do like it so this is a pretty subjective con, and not really that big of a one.

Advice to Management

Everything starts at the top and I'm a big fan of the CEO at Moovweb. He's a sincere and real person and as you move down the executive staff you will find that he surrounds himself with similarly smart and genuine people.

7. "Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Moovweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Moovweb is incredibly empowering as a company. They have a ton of amazing client relationships (300+ brands) and the founders give employees free reign to deliver value to those clients as they see fit. As a product leader this is one of the most exciting opportunities I've ever had. The market has clear needs, the company has relationships with all the folks I need to talk to - and I'm left to discover and build what will deliver the most value to them.

I also very much enjoy the founder's level of expertise and vision in the ecommerce space. We have a very strong tiered strategy with current industry leading products, emerging products, and over the horizon bets. This is very rare for a mid-size company to be able to executive effectively on.

Last, but certainly not least, the team is strong - folks push hard to get to the right answer on issues that no one else in our industry has solved. The founders have done a great job in attracting people who like solving universally unsolved problems. The people are also fun - I regularly enjoy having co-workers over to my house or going to events together. I genuinely look forward to seeing my team every day.

Cons

There is a distinct lack of structure and process at Moovweb. The company is in a constant state of growth where our systems are a step behind the reality of our size. It can be good in that there is basically no bureaucracy/politics, but you're definitely on your own to navigate all the prices of the organization.

"A Place for Growth"

I have been working at Moovweb full-time

Pros

* great tech stack
    * at the cutting edge of mobile web
    * brand name customers
    * rewarding of those who strive
    * opportunity definitely exists for those who demonstrate ability and

Cons

* hardware requests can take too long to fulfill
    * may take some time before working on a project of your interest
    * some days can definitely be stressful due to the nature of software

Advice to Management

Listen carefully to employee feedback and reward those who consistently go above and beyond more often.

"Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Moovweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, perks, location and some good leadership.

Cons

Lack of direction from upper management leaves no one stirring the ship.

Advice to Management

Sell it.

"Great culture / atmosphere - work with passionate people"

Pros

Boundless opportunities for self-starters to prove themselves; opportunity to work with respected brands; short project length means there's a ton of variety in the work

Cons

Lack of personell organization/structure , projects often open-ended, skillset/tools used is shallow and easily mastered in 6mos-1year

Advice to Management

Attempting to focus on your core-business while doing exploratory product development is a tricky balance to maintain.