Mor Furniture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Rick Haux Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Lots of potential to make a lot of money being retail and all but have a hard time when the floor is flooded (in 6 reviews)

• You can make money on the sales floor but the floor is flooded (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours have to hit sales minimums (in 17 reviews)

• Weekends and Holidays are forbidden to take off, flooded sales floor, prideful management doesn't do what it takes to make the sale (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. It is a family owned company, that has a lot of growth potential. They like to promote within the company and will do on job training as long as you are motivated and dedicated.

Cons

It is up to you to push your own growth. Because it is a small company, everyone is stretched pretty thin and is expected to take on a lot of responsibility, You have to be the one to push your manager to take the time to pay attention to you.

Advice to Management

Everyone, in all departments, at all levels of staffing are important to a company's success.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is retail. Working weekends and holidays is what we do. If you don't like that, there are other jobs. This company has a focus on letting their employees have as much time with their family as they can. Weekends off. Family event every year where they shut down the showrooms. Can you imagine what that costs a company? I work in Phoenix. Big competition. But Mor pays you very well if you use the tools that they give you to be successful. I've been here almost eight years and have seen many employees make a lot of money.

Cons

There are no cons. The owner is focused on every one of the showrooms succeeding. If you can follow the program you will succeed.

Advice to Management

If I have to give any advice, it comes from our guests. The call center phone number seems to make a fair amount unhappy. But I don't hear from the happy ones.

3. "Best company ever to work for"

Current Employee - Manager in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time

Pros

Upper management truly cares about employee growth

Cons

career/family balance can be tough

Advice to Management

Solicit the troops in trenches for better product selection and/or procedures

"Sales associate"

I worked at Mor Furniture full-time

Pros

They have decent benefits and in the region I was and stop flooding the sales floor

Cons

Most days you work at 9:30 AM to 9:30 PM the work schedule doesn't leave much room for a personal life and can be very draining . If you build up a lot of vacation time management will force you to schedule a vacation so they don't have to pay it out . And I can only speak for The region I was in where the minimum sales goal was a struggle most times so most people weren't making good money around 38k to 50k yearly .

5. "Great way to learn sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Mor Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a great experience in learning sales, every day is something new.

Cons

Schedule, and no support from management. They frown on having to miss days

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Kent, WV
    Former Employee - Sales in Kent, WV

I worked at Mor Furniture full-time

Pros

Good money to be had but the floor is flooded with sales people

Cons

Long hours Nights every weekend all holidays

"So so"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Salem, OR

I worked at Mor Furniture (More than a year)

Pros

The company seemed itself to be amazing. I thought it to be by new career choice.

Cons

They don't care about associates. And if you don't kiss the right rear ends, they don't protect you from abusive managment.

Advice to Management

Most managers I met, were great. But learn to stand by your employees when there is clear evidence of abuse of power. And don't let managers break policy, and expect others to follow.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay
    Good benefits
    Have the opportunity to make your own salary depending on how hard you work
    Only work 18 days a month

Cons

Up to 12 hour days
    Work most weekends
    Work on holidays

Advice to Management

Do not wait to hire sales people until the last moment. Hire more qualified applicants so they last longer and are responsible

"Great places to work if you know what to expect"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ability to make a lot of money for very little actual work, incredible upper management that really wants to see you do well, lots of fun when it's busy and you're helping guests, product sells itself, mor furniture has the best prices around and every customer knows it. if they don't buy it's either because you didn't do your job and make them comfortable and happy or you just don't have what the customer is looking for. if that's the case, no worries, you'll have a new customer in a few minutes. set schedule that allows a good work/life balance. 2 days off one week and 3 days off the next.

Cons

the hours, long hours on your feet everyday. but when it's busy you don't notice too much. going to have to deal with a lot of customers that don't want to talk to you. pretty normal for a sales job. just be nice, smile, and help them to the best of your ability.

Advice to Management

you guys are great! thank you for taking the time to make me into the best sales rep i can be!

10. "Good Company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Mor Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers actually care and want you to grow. Room for advancement with the company. Working at the corporate office, they cater a lot and give away tickets for different events. They do their best to make us feel valued and the atmosphere in the office is always chill. No dress code, can wear jeans and t shirts. Benefits after 90 days. Different schedules so it's possible to be off weekends. Or at least one day of the weekend off. As long as you come to work on time and don't mess around, you won't get written up.

Cons

The department needs to expand as they add showrooms. More customers means more calls to customer service. Being short staffed causes more stress and pissed off customers. The pay is okay given the fact it's entry level, but living in SoCal, it's still like poverty wages. Listening to customers complain and demand compensation is rather annoying. They close early for holidays but are really only closed for like Christmas Day and Thanksgiving.

Advice to Management

Expand the department and better pay. Other than that, it's a great company to work for.