MoreDirect Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Thomas

1. "Mostly a good place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is doing well financially, there are a lot of fun events planned all year around. Leadership is conservative, environment is friendly, benefits are relatively good.

Cons

Cubicles are tiny, leadership is conservative and mostly unwilling to take big risks on spending to try to improve process and environment.

Some Managers need to be reviewed just as the employees get reviewed annually.

Advice to Management

We are a Sales and TECHNOLOGY company, start thinking more TECHNOLOGY.

Apr 5, 2016 – Corporate Marketing Operations Manager

Thank you for the comments regarding the positive work environment and benefit offerings that exist at MoreDirect. The cubicles are standard size that one would find in most office environments ... More

"Unprofessional and unfairness"

Former Employee - Manager in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

Well that's a good question, bonuses for doing your job. The weather.

Cons

Favoritism runs rampant from the CFO down. If you are favored you get promotions, less work, less hours. You have upper management that have no degrees or even experience all they have is the fact that a higher up likes them.

Advice to Management

Take a look at management, they are unprofessional, use fowl language, make decions they have no idea what the ramifications are. Example for years orders were put on a no invoice print hold, and there was no record or report to tell you what those orders were. So the customer was never billed and it wasn't caught until it was way past due. This is called not the right person for the job. Wake up before it's too late so many better business practices are being broken and so much discrimination.

Jan 23, 2017 – Marketing Programs Associate

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your work experience at Connection. We strive for an environment that is collaborative and where you are evaluated on your results and not who you are ... More

3. "Love MoreDirect!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team, positive environment-management is open to ideas and can speak/express your thoughts freely, work life balance/ benefits and 401K kicks in after 30 days with company match. Stock options and quarterly bonuses. We really appreciate employees-monthly employee appreciation meetings and we throw fun corporate events. Provides tools to become successful.

Cons

Cold office, can take sometime for feedback on interviews with certain positions.

Advice to Management

Turn up the heat, and after setting up reoccurring meetings with management for feedback, able to move through the on boarding process faster.

Dec 18, 2015 – Marketing Manager Technology Solutions

We are glad to hear that you love working at More Direct. We agree with your comments on the work environment, compensation and benefit programs, and tools to ensure your success. We will look into ... More

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive vendor list to resell from. Flexible home office work schedule. Many nice people to work with

Cons

More of a commodity reseller. Too much focus on selling to Purchasing department and competing with low margin. Lack the depth of technical expertise to be a strong competitor in the data center space.

Advice to Management

Make more of a commitment to local technical resources in the field that have specific expertise in data center technologies (Networking, Storage, Servers, etc)

Dec 18, 2015 – Marketing Manager Technology Solutions

We agree with your comments regarding our work environment. However, we are not a commodity business. We solve business problems using a complex mix of hardware, software, services, and intellectual ... More

"Enterprise Account Executive"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MoreDirect provides plenty of internal resources to assist outside Sales team when in the field. In addition, there are some very smart folks working at this company, they're always ready and willing to help. The entire sales team, both inside and outside, work virtual. Also, the company will give you a draw for the first year while you ramp up.

Cons

Sales management is short sighted, this is the nature of the reseller business. You are not encouraged to pursue larger deals as they take to long to close. Again, this is the nature of this business, close as many smaller deals as possible so you can get "numbers on the board". The pressure is unbelievable. Although you get a draw during the first year, if you are not producing by then be prepared to get written up.

Advice to Management

Recognize the types of salespeople you have, some will pursue smaller deals and some are more strategic...Also, follow up on meetings you attend as opposed to checking a box and help new reps actually close business as opposed to simply talking about it.

Dec 18, 2015 – Marketing Manager Technology Solutions

We are pleased to learn that you have the resources to be successful in your role. More Direct will continue to invest in more resources to enable our sales teams to have success. Some of the ... More

"Struggling company"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

85% of the workforce works out of their homes. This is the greatest benefit.

Cons

MoreDirect is cheap with their money. We are constantly nickle and dime'd. Making money at MoreDirect is extremely hard.

"MoreDirect Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, good work/life balance.

Cons

Poor communication in general, salaries are a little on the low side. Since acquired by parent company getting anything done requires an act of congress.

Advice to Management

Manage!

"Very unorthodox and micro managing behaviors"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

Quarterly bonuses and decent work space.

Cons

Worst management team in history. Lack of respect for good employees. Promotes unethical behavior.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge good employees, stop the popularity contest.Promote within and pay more.

"Decent place to work if you're in sales."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

The corporate office is willing to provide flexibility, and there's a good work/life balance, with a laid back atmosphere. The company gets many accolades in the industry. The Marketing and Website areas are innovative, and the company is growing. The office building is small but nice.

Cons

The corporate office is like high school - if you're not in with the popular crowd, this will not be your place to work. For the most part, promotions are given by popularity, not ability, more so than in other companies. I have seen too many good employees leave while poor employees are rewarded. Poor management decisions are overlooked because of seniority or friendships. The company invests everything in their customer facing systems and nothing in the ones that keep the business running, and the entire culture revolves around the sales reps. The parent company is located up north, so there aren't a lot of options for advancement unless you relocate.

Advice to Management

Make the company friendly for all employees and foster an environment where all employees are treated with respect. Invest in your entire team, and don't overlook poor management for any reason.

10. "A good, aggressive and forward thinking company."

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist/Technical Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Plenty of opportunity for continued training and education.

Cons

Vacation time/Personal Time off are not very good, even after years of being there.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is not great. Expectations of people who support sales do not match the pay.