Morega Systems Reviews in Canada | Glassdoor

Canada

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
BUDDY SNOW

1. "Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company had its ups and downs over the past as management changed. That's why you might see some mixed reviews in past. But it has become a great company to work for since the "new" CEO took over. It's a small company that feels like a big family. You are also encouraged to do more than what's assigned to you. The fact that I stayed in the company for over 6 years as a full time employee proves the point.

The company has a great culture of being "flat". There are very few fancy titles around, and almost everyone (even the team leads and managers) act as a regular employee whom you feel you can associate with. You would feel the same even with the CEO.

The engineers here are very talented and experienced. Therefore it's a great place to learn as well. Morega has been focused on hiring smart and well rounded people rather than people with just a lot of experience. They want to make sure you add value to the company culture and teamwork spirit.

I left the company because I've been there for a very long time, and felt I needed to explore elsewhere in the tech industry. Whoever it was very sad when I left the company.

Cons

Being a small company the benefits might not be as crazy as some of the big names, but if you want a rewarding experience and a cozy environment then you should look beyond that.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire new blood to help the company to bring in people with the right attitude and culture

2. "Morega Systems"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Start Up Driven with friendly people

Cons

Too much work but get to learn a lot

Advice to Management

NA

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

So far Morega has been the BEST company I ever worked for. I've been there for 4 years and I worked as a C++ developer. The work environment and the people working there were just great.

At the time when I left the company, the CEO was someone named Ash and I think he was doing a great job. He sets the correct work culture within the company and that promotes an atmosphere of team work. There is very little office politics. Whenever a problem arises, the managers and team leads do not focus on finger pointing or making you feel bad. They just want to resolve the problems as quick as possible and then find ways so the same issue does not happen again.

I was mainly working on the C++ side of things. I learned a lot about proper software development and software design. The code base and framework were very well written and properly unit tested with most cases 90+ percent code coverage.

The initial C++ framework and library were designed by a team of very smart developers. Over the course of years many of them later on left for big name software companies such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Bloomberg ...

Why did I leave ? The software industry is a very dynamic one and no one stays at the same place forever. I still feel fairly young in my career as a software developer. After 4 years working there I felt it was my time to leave to explore some new projects and technologies elsewhere. I was very sad the day I left and I wish the best for the company and the folks working there.

I personally derived a lot of work satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment during my years working there.

Cons

For people who are trying to get in, be warned that the written exam and interview are harder than what you may expect. It may be a small company, but the software developers working there are better then the average you will find in the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work.

4. "Feels like a big family"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

- No politics, just down-to-earth creative and maintenance work.
    - Friendly environment, gym, comprehensive benefits, nice area (Sheppard and Leslie with Don river at walking distance!)
    - Flexible business hours with occasional "Work-from-home" option.
    - Very approachable, reasonable and technically competent top management.

Cons

- For those who want to work (or pretend to) in a huge corporation, Morega is not for you!
    - Interview process is tighter than many may assume for a company of this size. This however guarantees professional environment.
    - Due to nature of business, a steep learning curve may be needed in first months of employment.

5. "what is the disadvantage of test automation"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Be positive, everything comes with a price. test automation can do something very useful for sure, but it can not get everything done. And to get test cases automated itself needs lots of work, and need QA with a deeper knowledge and program skill.

Cons

if the app changes frequently due to requirements change, or test result need to be checked visually, it is hard to automate.

Advice to Management

Be practical, do something which is necessary. don't have to try out everything new or cutting edge, remove the barriers between teams. thanks

6. "Good at the time"

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Engineering Intern in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work culture
    Good management
    Good projects
    Rewarding work

Cons

Some developers not collaborative and team players

"Good experience but"

Former Intern - QA Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - QA Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience with mobile devices testing.

Cons

Some persons were not friendly. They might think anyone came for replacing their jobs.

Advice to Management

Big space to be improved.

"a mess and almost bankrupt company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Morega Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

enviroment is ok, it is hard to say any more pros

Cons

bad and mess management, not friendly, everyone is panic, scarry to be laid off

Advice to Management

learn more about technology

"Good Place to work, good coworkers with few exceptions"

Former Intern - QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Intern - QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Really good opportunities to learn and develop new skills
    -Good working environment
    -Start-up company with a good future
    -Co-workers are friendly and helpful

Cons

- There are a couple of employees who treat interns badly
    - Same employees also do not have good work ethic

Advice to Management

Management should be more aware of what is going on inside the company

"It has been very rewarding working for a startup company"

Current Employee - Software and Systems QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software and Systems QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

-your work actually makes an impact
    -There is the chance to build tools and automation tools from the ground up
    -Plenty of challenges to expand outside of "job description" and take on some new responsibilities

Cons

-Communication not all that it could be
    -Little documentation. But that goes with a small company
    -benefits not that great

Advice to Management

-increase communication with the employees regarding, finances, hiring and plans for bonuses and promotions when you know that these things can be done