Morgan Hunt Reviews in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

4.5
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Lots of support and training when needed
    Great atmosphere and office environment
    Lots of social events

Cons

Lots of resilience and tenacity needed but well worth it and rewarding

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Short and sweet. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us as a company to work for. We really appreciate the positive feedback.

2. "Fantastic family feel!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Morgan Hunt has a real family feel which is really important to me when working in such a competitive, high pressured line of work. Staff are invested in and promoted from within with constant conversations about the next step and goals in your career are happening.

Hard work is rewarded through excellent incentives such as our annual high flyers trip, high flyer lunches, and summer and Christmas parties. As an employee this gives me the motivation to continue to work hard and be the best at what I do!

We have a fantastic reputation within the public sector, and pride ourselves on being specialists within our market. We are given autonomy over our desks and able to build our individual business with support from senior management within the business.

Cons

Hours of work are quite long compared to other agencies however this is currently being reviewed which is great!

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for taking the time to review us .We really appreciate your positive feedback and completely take your points re: working hours on board. Which is why we have reduced our working hours across... More

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team and employees are a great bunch, feel welcomed from the moment you step in the door and the guidance from mangers is fantastic, they take you under your wing and really push for you to get to the next level.
    additionally, we work in teams and help each other out and there is a real sense of family, and we like to work hard, but play harder, but you still have your own personal targets and commission to make, but if you put the effort in, you can be rewarded very well and there is great scope for career progression and as a company we are always looking to grow

Cons

we have to work from 8.30 till 6 minimum, but in a way that isn't bad for a recruitment company, apart from that I couldn't tell you.

Advice to Management

They are hard but fair

May 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us as an employee. We really appreciate it. We have made real inroads into work life balance and have reduced our working hours significantly which has... More

"Honest Review"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morgan Hunt actually used to be a great company to work for! There was a buzz about the office, people were supportive and encouraging, the opportunity to succeed was achievable. However, things started to change...see below;

Cons

The company started to miss budget, the ridiculous KPI's were introduced, the incentives started to disappear, morale was poor and amazing consultants left the business. Big characters started to leave and instead of dealing with this in a professional manner, the company had the 'We don't need them' sort of attitude. This is obviously not the case if you look at the facts i.e year on year company billings and staff retention. Instead of looking into the real reasons as to why the company was losing (and still is) good staff, they continue to live in the delusional world of the Morgan Hunt way is the best and on this journey brain wash their staff. I miss the old Morgan Hunt, not the 'You're not allowed to voice your opinion' Morgan Hunt.

Advice to Management

Don't bury your head in the sand and maybe issue a survey to your current staff as this wave of resignations won't stop here - go back to basics as it was a great place to work once upon a time!

5. "Consultant -> Manager in 4 years"

Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros for working at Morgan Hunt are endless. In no particular order here the benefits of working for this organisation: You are able to work towards promotions when you are ready, not when someone leaves or there is an exact business need which is refreshing in recruitment. The commission structure is very transparent. The social side of the company is great, everyone gets on well and people are of a very similar mould especially when you first start as the average age for new consultants is 22-25. The support given on desk from day one is exceptional, the team work together and you have a Manager who decided to hire you themselves so want you to do well. We have a mentor scheme that works really well, you can speak with them about anything work related and they can offer guidance and support away from your own team.
    For myself, I started as a Consultant in Oct 2011, was then promoted to Senior in early 2013 and by April 2014 was a Business Manager on track to become a Manager but given responsibility to manager a budget close to £1M and constantly given support and help from my peers which meant that I never had any doubts about my own ability! For someone starting a career in recruitment I would be very surprised if many companies of this size can match the earning potential, support and career path that Morgan Hunt offer.

Cons

There are of course teething problems with a company that has grown from less than 100 to nearly 400 in staff within 4/5 years and this environment isn't for everyone. At interview stage, we encourage everyone to do a desk trial, ask as many questions as possible and even come for drinks with the teams to fully understand what they are 'signing' up for!

Advice to Management

Support from day 1 is great but most people who leave are generally people that don't fully understand the job and what it will take to become a success. I would suggest that as a company we should be scared to show newbies the struggles that it takes to not just enjoy working for Morgan Hunt but to become one of its next stars.

Sep 12, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review and such positive feedback from your time at Morgan Hunt. It’s really important that to us that our staff are supported throughout their career and our mentor programme is just... More