Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Leaving review"

Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Working hours
    Work life balance

Cons

Kitchen
    Wider business communication

Aug 23, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. Short and sweet. We wish you all the best in your future career. Our door is always open. As for the kitchen... #dailystruggle Pretty sure most companies experience the same... More

"Professional and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine you find yourself in a job you enjoy, with people you like, doing the work you want to do.

Imagine that you have the feeling that your ideas will be listened to and you have the chance to make a real difference.

If you’re really lucky, imagine a senior management team who are actively trying to improve the business in not only profitability but conditions for staff and like to reward effort and innovation.

I don’t have to use my imagination for that; I just turn up at the office. Good, eh?

Cons

Pros sound too good to be true? OK, no job is perfect and I have my share of frustrations and boring stuff. It's not nirvana and it's not always easy.

I also agree with some other reviewers that the company has gone through some not-so-good times in the year I've been here.

My main issue is location; I have a long commute and that grinds me down (this would be true of any job in London, though).

Advice to Management

The last few months have seen some good initiatives; I think it's really important we don't let the momentum drop.

Aug 3, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your review. Completely take your point on board that there has been a lot of changes in the last year and we're really ecstatic to hear that our hard work to drive positive... More

"Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, Fun and serious when we need to be. Management are supportive and see your vision on where to take the business, full support along the journey.

Cons

More PSL accounts would really drive us to the next level

Jul 28, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback. Very positive to read that our vision and values are clear and our employees can identify their part to play in realising our vision. P.S... More

4. "Morgan Hunt Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career Progression
    - Friendly and professional environment
    - A strong and fair SLT who recognise hard work
    - Employee benefits

Cons

- Lack of communication between divisions

Aug 9, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your feedback. All feedback is welcome and appreciated. It's great to hear that career progression has been clearly defined and that your working environment is a welcome one. We... More

5. "Amazing Company Delivering Success to Clients, Candidates and Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company that genuinely cares about the people it employs. Clear strategies, support and training, powerful vision of growth for the future through understandable and well communicated values. I cant believe that the few negative reviews on this page are written by people who work at the same organisation. Everyone is brilliant here, everyone cares how I'm doing and the staff parties and events are better than any of my friends or family receive where they work.

Cons

Not many, everything is so fair and transparent. I suppose the Public Sector recruitment market is tough to operate in at the moment but with such good people about the organisation there is always someone to support and help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, the office is really buzzy and exciting, keep bringing the really good experienced staff into the business.

Jul 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review. It's fantastic to see that our values and vision are embedded and that our people feel they have clear direction of purpose to achieving our mission. Here's to... More

6. "Recruitment at its worst"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are great and nice offices

Cons

Low Basic , management are unhelpful and your promised way more than you actually get.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your team and not yourself. Don't have favourites

Aug 23, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that as a current Morgan Hunt employee, you have a negative perception of our organisation, particularly when we encourage open and transparent... More

"Senior Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic management
    Good leadership
    Strong team players
    Knowledgeable consultants
    Good working hours
    Set up to succeed

Cons

Not being able to take the team on holiday with me when I am off.

Advice to Management

"The results will come now the right team is in place"

Jun 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review as a current employee. We really appreciate the feedback and are incredibly pleased you are having such a great time as part of the Morgan Hunt family. Long may it... More

"I worked at Morgan Hunt for 4 years"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I joined Morgan Hunt it was brilliant, my first recruitment job. The training on desk was good. The company was exciting, a great culture to work in.
    Over the four years I was there, change happened, like you would expect.
    I enjoyed my first three years at Morgan Hunt. great culture, great team, good incentives and nights out.

Cons

Hires were made to paper over cracks, in all of the offices junior level consultants were being bought in with no experience, and a lot of the time it was left to members of the team to train them, whilst management did nothing.
    In particular a new director was bought in to sort the office out, I don't know what they did on a day to day basis, was a friend of somebody within the company, so it was jobs for the lads when you got into SMT.

Change happened at the top, the Owner is interested in one thing, lining his pockets, the last year I was there massive changes happened, very good long serving employees left, must be a reason in that?

Commission structure was awful, never knew where you stood, was always changing and was a the discretion of manager.

I really enjoyed the team I had for over 3 years, then people started leaving, and the hires that were made weren't the right fit in my opinion for the "culture" but they got away with everything as they were in with the director.

Really disappointed to leave Morgan Hunt, but how it ended up, and also the direction I can see it going in, it was the right decision. All the cut backs and redundancies, I wouldn't be surprised if Morgan Hunt is being stripped back and will be sold.

Advice to Management

Work out your identity and what you want to be known as in the Market.
    Morgan Hunt's reputation is dreadful when you actual ask clients.

Stop trying to grow at a rapid pace, and invest in your current staff.

May 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to review us as a former employer. We take all feedback on board and continue to develop as a result.

As Morgan Hunt moves into a new chapter, the last year has seen... More

"weak business with a big name"

I worked at Morgan Hunt (More than a year)

Pros

Invested in shiny offices
    reduced working hours 8.30-5.00
    Good sales pitch of a great working environment
    sells a good dream

Cons

Management and Senior management team, hand picked by Directors favourites and not from merit.
    Good sales pitch of working environment, not reflective of reality deathly quiet office
    poor comms structure, they say its transparent however works out 6% once you hit the 6k threshold not what I was told
    inappropriate directors and managers, who only listen if it fits their idea's (not an open line of comms)
    Some directors lead by fear still in this day and age
    Recent high turnover of 5-10 years service staff, most leaving with no job says a lot for wanting to leave this place
    offices loosing whole management teams
    unhelpful support services staff
    not the place I thought it would be

Advice to Management

look closely at the leadership team, are they really the best people for the job? This shouldn't be linked to time serviced alone
    treat your staff with some level of mutual respect and you will get it back
    have a company strategy and tell people what this is

May 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage open and transparent communication with our employees, past and present – whether that be positive or unfavourable, we take it all on board.

We believe... More

"Great place to work with great people!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being new into recruitment I have been supported 100% by everyone at the business and this has helped with a smooth transition. The company is pro active and always forward thinking and has a great atmosphere on a daily basis.

Cons

Working Hours- This has now been addressed and changed to 8.30-5pm which is great for me commuting outside of London

Apr 21, 2017 – Marketing Director

Hi and thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate your positive review and are glad to hear you're settling in and enjoying your recruitment experience and that our reduced working hours have... More