Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "30 which improves the work life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "I think the atmosphere in the office is great and the new working hours mean we can finish at 5pm" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office" (in 7 reviews)

• "Lack of respect from senior management" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Wouldn't leave for a competitor - work life balance and autonomy"

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

plenty of small perks such as free wifi, fruit, tea and coffee, excellent hours, nights out when budget is hit, nights out even when you dont. Company wide nights out, fun incentives, generous commission structure for new starters. Fantastic training for newbies. Structure around progression and 1:1s, expectations are high but achievable - some areas of the business have very high standards and help you raise your game. Management want the best out of people, and for people

Individuals are accountable for their work, and if you are self motivated or hungry, no-one is going to do the job for you, and you will not be successful- this is sales, if you arnt up for it this isnt the place for you - Expectations were set at interview, and I knew exactly how to meet them. Not the right environment for everyone, certainly not the uninspired or lazy

Cons

recent high turnover, but no significant losses come to mind. No different to any other recruitment firm, but listening to why people leave and having a plan to tackle would be beneficial.

Advice to Management

reward and recognition is very important on both sides, dont forget about your loyal staff - small things matter more than you may realise

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great support from managers
    Great colleagues
    Ability to learn a lot in your first job

Cons

Not great with handling progression
    Terrible pay
    Tendency to "brush things under the carpet"

Advice to Management

Take responsibility

3. "Cut-throat"

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time

Pros

Money motivated environment and drinks on fridays.

Cons

Way too money motivated at times where the job becomes overly stressful and tedious. More care for clients than candidates. Unrealistic expectations for people with no experience within sales and recruitment and the lack of support for them to grow.

Advice to Management

Recruit people into the correct job roles and provide actual on the job training and support in order to avoid having unrealistic expectations of their performance.

4. "Open door policy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having joined the business within the last 6 months I am pleased to share only positive first impressions…

Morgan Hunt has a very strong culture, driven by their 6 company values which, from my observations, every employee really does bring to life;
    Determination, Teamwork, Respect, Understanding, Integrity & Fun.... the latter being a huge part of our EVP and a positive factor towards our high (for the industry) retention rates.

Our MD personally hosts a company address 4 times a year to communicate the quarters success stories and gives everyone an update on upcoming projects. Communication for an organisation of this size is always going to be a challenge and while we strive to better our communication channels daily, this ritual for our MD to bring the whole business together, so regularly, is a breath of fresh air and evidence that this is a family-business at its roots.

Our leaders are ever so present and with all the shareholders having an active role in the business there is none of the red tape and prohibiting process that you might expect from a fast-growing business with a turnover of £77.7 million. Our Chairman and MD actively encourage communication - their office doors are literally open for every employee to pop their head in, weather that’s to say a quick hello or to share an idea on a sales activity drive.

Consultants are rewarded fruitfully for their determination- Morgan Hunt’s commission structure is designed specifically to motivate recruiters. Unlike most corporate agencies, we offer an UNCAPPED bonus and the best bit for a new recruiter is there is no minimum billing figure before you earn bonus. You get a cut of every pound you bring in the door! The training new recruiters receive is specifically designed to support early billings – getting numbers on your board as early as possible boosts self-esteem and motivates you in the early months of your career.

Cons

I am really struggling to offer a balance in my review as at this time, I do not have any concerns nor can I pin-point a con.

5. "8 years and counting!"

Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Over the course of my 8 years at Morgan Hunt I've been given outstanding new starter training, been given the opportunity to work with a strong brand in my sector, worked towards 4 promotions and gained a huge amount of experience. Throw in the High Flyers trips and commission earned, starting my recruitment career at Morgan Hunt was the best decision I could have made all those years ago as a fresh-faced grad. During my time the company has upgraded its offices, opened new regional offices and dealt with challenging moments as well as enjoyed numerous successes. Today, we're on the up! And it's great to be part of a Company that is doing things the right way in the often murky world of recruitment.

Cons

Communication has always been a challenge, and is the case for any company of the size and ambition of Morgan Hunt.

6. "Managing Consultant"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work/ Great people

Cons

No major cons, keep it up.

"Mixed bag"

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* In the public sector, MH is well regarded on all the PSL's etc.

* Commission scheme changed to pay in the month you bill rather than at end of Q which is good. Also, it's a simple to understand commission scheme.
    *Work/life balance better than other places. Not sure if it changed though in 2017 it was 9am-5.30pm or 8.30am-5pm which meant that you had time to go to gym etc or get home and see family. Might have changed though.

Cons

* In the private sector, promises made and never kept.
    * Not great commission scheme. Top billers are not rewarded at all. Became a KPI culture - was a shame as it never used to be like that.
    * Senior management / directors use KPIs as a stick with which to beat people. The KPIs are nonsensical too.

Advice to Management

* Treat employees like people, not number generators. Figures only present one part of the picture; there's much more to it than that.
    * Would have recommended to a friend for sure though that all changed when you started firing an entire HR department, an entire back office staff, sales staff who didn't make enough placements, and basically looking for cost savings. Business first and the desire to really grow people as people was lost once the place grew too big... When I started off there was much smaller and friendlier. Victim of own success maybe? Then overspent on renting a lovely building and everyone else has to pay for it while Directors are coining it.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Digital Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Digital Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had yearly awards which are nice, as its good to reward hard work.

Cons

Very poor management and senior management was appalling. People were being pushed out for no reason, and targets were always unrealistic.

Advice to Management

NA

9. "Working at Morgan Hunt"

Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The support and training provided by Morgan Hunt is second to none! They invest everything into ensuring each and every one of us are the best we can be.
    When working for Morgan Hunt you aren't just another Pigeon at a desk your a highly valued family member.

Cons

The hours were quite long however this has since been addressed and changed.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing because I love working at Morgan Hunt!

10. "Senior Manager"

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, experienced Management team, good training for people starting their recruitment careeer

Cons

nothing that springs to mind at the moment