Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Review"

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Support for all staff
    Open door policy for staff
    The business makes each individual feel important

Cons

None to report so far!

2. "Poor service"

Current Employee - Functional Skills Tutor in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Functional Skills Tutor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt part-time

Pros

Timesheet online system. Friendly attitude of staff.

Cons

Lack of follow up calls.
    Ineffective calls asking for information you hold.
    No visible service to demonstrate the efforts made to match candidates with clients.

Advice to Management

Candidates working through this agency not treated as clients.
    Ensure agents check background on candidates before phoning.
    Your database should tell you what my current situation is.
    Ensure follow ups.

3. "My Reasons To Work For Morgan Hunt"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family Atmosphere, Very Diverse, Very Supportive helped grow my desk now in top 5 fee earner in the company less than 2 years. Open door policy with Senior Management and with our CEO.

Cons

Don't join if you don't want to work hard
    If you don't follow our company values

4. "Strange Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have met lots of good people. Get to leave at 5!

Cons

Clueless MD, feels like a sinking ship, lots of mediocre performers getting away with it.

Advice to Management

Don’t tolerate mediocrity. Be honest with staff and on here. Most reviews on here written by Marketing Department.

Dec 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that as a current Morgan Hunt employee, you have a negative perception of our organisation, particularly when we encourage open and transparent... More

5. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Respected name in the market with great progression. Understanding board of directors that provide you with support to be successful (special mentions to Chris & Frazier).

Great teamwork always putting a team first, ahead of personal success. A professional and respectful organisation from front to back office that values and encourages its employees.

There are always company wide events, MD addresses, seasonal parties, weekly in house competitions and a real feel for teamwork and fun!

Cons

Honestly there are none, this could change but all good at the moment.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and working towards Morgan Hunts Vision and values.

Nov 14, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and are very happy to hear you are loving your first year in Morgan Hunt. We are very proud of our employees and how engaged they are with... More

6. "People are not numbers."

Former Employee - ESOL Tutor in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - ESOL Tutor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy placement. Large agency. There are many departments to suit the needs f applicants.

Cons

Account Managers rarely return calls. Workers are severely underpaid. Your concerns will go unheeded. Account Managers are only solicitous when it benefits them.

Nov 14, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that you have a negative perception of our organisation.

When reviews are unsubstantiated, it’s incredibly challenging to identify any... More

7. "Great to work for"

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time

Pros

Morgan Hunt are a very good company to work for.

They have supported me with development within the company and furthered my skills. Senior members of staff have been approachable and easy to talk to should I have had any problems, there is a very welcoming environment within the office.

Cons

Keeping managers well informed of the training of new employees and what it entails, to allow them to guide and offer support should the employee need it.

Advice to Management

Promote staff within the company, giving them opportunities they may be unaware of. maintaining a general catch up with employees to manage work load and expectations.

Sep 20, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review of life at Morgan Hunt. We appreciate the feedback and are really pleased that you are enjoying your time here and feel engaged with your environment and the good rapport with... More

8. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have benefited from the fantastic opportunities the company has given me over the years. I am one of several staff who has done 10 years plus service and I have truly loved the journey the company has taken me on. They have shown belief in me, supported me with a training/development programme and they have rewarded my performance whether that be remuneration, bonus or promotion. They recognise potential and they like to promote within, the management team, senior management team and leadership team are testament to this. It is a fun place to work, quarterly team nights out, company social events, awards ceremonies and lavish Christmas parties to note. Work life balance is great the hours are good, the company has done a lot to address this to ensure they are not burning out their staff with unsociable hours. In summary, it’s a unique place that has something special. If you are dedicated and have the ability, you will prosper at Morgan Hunt.

Cons

Top biller's do not always make the best managers, not all cases but in some cases, they can leave something to be desired when it comes leadership and management. More support on desk for their staff is required to better support company wide training and development programme delivered by the talent team.

Advice to Management

Promoting within is great but I also think some of the best senior recruits in recent years have come with external experience. So, it is about having a better balance between external experience that gives a different perspective and the long serving staff that have climbed the ladder.

Sep 15, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your review. Really appreciate the feedback. We are incredibly proud of our award winning training and development programme and that our employees feel engaged in their working... More

9. "Leaving review"

Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Working hours
    Work life balance

Cons

Kitchen
    Wider business communication

Aug 23, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. Short and sweet. We wish you all the best in your future career. Our door is always open. As for the kitchen... #dailystruggle Pretty sure most companies experience the same... More

"Professional and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine you find yourself in a job you enjoy, with people you like, doing the work you want to do.

Imagine that you have the feeling that your ideas will be listened to and you have the chance to make a real difference.

If you’re really lucky, imagine a senior management team who are actively trying to improve the business in not only profitability but conditions for staff and like to reward effort and innovation.

I don’t have to use my imagination for that; I just turn up at the office. Good, eh?

Cons

Pros sound too good to be true? OK, no job is perfect and I have my share of frustrations and boring stuff. It's not nirvana and it's not always easy.

I also agree with some other reviewers that the company has gone through some not-so-good times in the year I've been here.

My main issue is location; I have a long commute and that grinds me down (this would be true of any job in London, though).

Advice to Management

The last few months have seen some good initiatives; I think it's really important we don't let the momentum drop.

Aug 3, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your review. Completely take your point on board that there has been a lot of changes in the last year and we're really ecstatic to hear that our hard work to drive positive... More