Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor
1 Rating

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Morgan Hunt has a real family feel which is really important to me when working in such a competitive, high pressured line of work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 5 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Morgan Hunt just over 6 months and have found it to be a brilliant place to work. From my time with the business I have been given unbelievable support from my Director, I've been given the tools to do the job and have autonomy to run my team as I see fit.

The training is second to none for all new and existing employees, whether you have no recruitment experience or years of experience in the sector!

In my previous job I worked for a direct competitor for 3.5 years and whilst that was a great job with a superb company I can honestly say I am glad I made the move to Morgan Hunt as the company is all about developing and looking after their staff. As a case in point we had our hours reduced a few months ago to 8.30-5 and given I have a long commute I am now home in time to put my little boy to bed!

For anyone thinking of working for Morgan Hunt, I would highly recommend it, you won't regret it.

Cons

There are none so far.

Apr 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review. *blush* We really appreciate your feedback. It's reassuring to hear that we're getting it right in relation to the ongoing activities focusing on employee engagement ... More

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

I've been working here for over a year and it's a great place to work. There's a real buzz in the office backed up by a supportive culture. My boss encourages me to have autonomy but I know there are there if I need them. This has allowed me to really grow and develop as a consultant. It's fun too, everyone gets on well and I look forward to coming into work in the morning.

Cons

I would have said the working hours which were very long on a daily basis but things have changed there and I work work 8.30am to 5pm which allows me to get home in time to see my kids.

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your positive feedback. We're really pleased that our approach to flexible working is having a positive impact on your work-life balance. It's so important that we provide a great place to ... More

"Manager review.."

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am happy to say I have been working at Morgan Hunt for nearly 6 years now and would highly recommend it to anyone! If you are starting out and wanting to learn the ropes or are an experienced manager wanting to manage multiple teams, Morgan Hunt offers both career paths. We are sector specialists in nearly all outr markets and our brand means we have a head start on pretty much all our competitors.
    There is a great family/team spirit within all the divisions with highly motivated, competent and intelligent recruiters all hungry to do well.
    Recognition is given on both an individual and team basis with great incentives and prizes to be won throughout the year.
    New working hours now mean you can leave at 5pm as well
    I wouldn’t want to work for any other agency!

Cons

No cons, all good here

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Fantastic review. Thank you so much for your positive feedback. What can we say. We are thrilled that you're with us and still loving it after almost 6 years!

5. "A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Morgan Hunt is my first job in recruitment and overall it has been an amazing experience. From my initial interview, what stood out for me was the company's buzz and ambition, and also the desire for the company to nurture talent.

It is a career based company where you can really develop professionally. The training for new staff is superb and the Management team are keen for you to progress.

It is a fun company to work for and the culture is great, there is a good social aspect also whereby ones health and wellbeing is a priority. We have sports clubs and we are encouraged to join as many as possible so that we remain active and socialise with different team members.

Morgan Hunt also celebrate success and incentivise everyone to perform well. We have annual trips abroad and monthly rewards such as posh lunches!

Cons

The working hours used to be fairly long, however this has been changed recently and the shorter working day ensures that we are more proactive throughout the day and have a strong work/life balance,.

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

It's so important that we provide a great place to work for our people. From career opportunities and work-life balance to environment and rewards and benefits. It's fantastic to see that it's paying ... More

6. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Lots of support and training when needed
    Great atmosphere and office environment
    Lots of social events

Cons

Lots of resilience and tenacity needed but well worth it and rewarding

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Short and sweet. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us as a company to work for. We really appreciate the positive feedback.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Support Staff
    Current Employee - Support Staff

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time

Pros

I have recently joined Morgan Hunt and have loved working here so far. Everyone is friendly, approachable and have welcomed me into the company. I think the atmosphere in the office is great and the new working hours mean we can finish at 5pm!

Cons

None that I have found so far

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review and welcome to the Morgan Hunt family. We're thrilled to hear such positive feedback.

8. "New Senior Consultant Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working within recruitment for over 3 years now, where I began my experience within a very established high street commercial agency, which I left to join Morgan Hunt in October 2016.
    Although I very much enjoyed my experience with my old organisation, I have realised the opportunities I have been missing by not being with an agency such as Morgan Hunt. As they are still fairly new (in comparison with the major names), and only in 4 locations, it is very easy to be able to make your impact on your own desk, and within the company. It has been impressive the number of times you have opportunities to meet with Senior colleagues, Board members, Directors and Owner of the company who quickly learn about you and care about your opinions.
    They are flexible and open to ideas and/or expansion if you are willing to work for this, they will support you in any way I have seen from my short experience so far!
    There are also many company updates and they are very open about any company changes, incentives etc! No bad surprises here! Highly recommend! (Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays!)

Cons

Nothing to report yet! :)

Advice to Management

Keep listening to everyone!

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review of your time with us so far. It's really important to us to hear that our approach to engaging and nurturing our people is something you feel we do really well. Business casual ... More

9. "Morgan Hunt"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt (More than a year)

Pros

I love the people and culture here at Morgan Hunt. The consultants and support staff are valued and supported. There is recognition for staff at all levels and there is a great team spirit across the business. Feedback from the consultants and support staff is listened to and appreciated for example the recent decision to reduce working hours to 8.30-5 or 9-5.30 which improves the work life balance.

The ability to move within the business is something that also appeals to me. I wouldn't want to work at any other agency!

Cons

No cons to share at this time

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Wow. We're blushing. Thanks so much for your glowing review. It's great to hear we're getting it right. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us.

10. "Company that promotes from within"

Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisional Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at Morgan Hunt for over 6 years, and in that time personally developed and taken on more responsibility.
    The company tries to promote from within, and lots of management have been here over 5 years like myself.
    The company has great perks and benefits and looks after its employees. The recent change in hours to 830-1700 has been great!
    Pay and benefits include bonuses and commissions, pensions, perks, season ticket loans etc. The company puts on an excellent Christmas party/annual awards dinner which is fantastic, and each year top performers go on a "high flyers" trip - last year was Ibiza, this year Monte Carlo!

I look forward to staying in my role for the long-term.

Cons

Very competitive, but I guess that is the nature of the business

Advice to Management

Reward the achievers and ensure the company hires the best people

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Wow. Great review. Thank you so much.

11. "Review"

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time

Pros

Amazing benefits, Great people to work with, Progression opportunities

Cons

I can't think of any

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Love it! Thanks for your positive review.