Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Respected name in the market with great progression. Understanding board of directors that provide you with support to be successful (special mentions to Chris & Frazier).

Great teamwork always putting a team first, ahead of personal success. A professional and respectful organisation from front to back office that values and encourages its employees.

There are always company wide events, MD addresses, seasonal parties, weekly in house competitions and a real feel for teamwork and fun!

Cons

Honestly there are none, this could change but all good at the moment.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and working towards Morgan Hunts Vision and values.

Nov 14, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it and are very happy to hear you are loving your first year in Morgan Hunt. We are very proud of our employees and how engaged they are with... More

2. "Great to work for"

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time

Pros

Morgan Hunt are a very good company to work for.

They have supported me with development within the company and furthered my skills. Senior members of staff have been approachable and easy to talk to should I have had any problems, there is a very welcoming environment within the office.

Cons

Keeping managers well informed of the training of new employees and what it entails, to allow them to guide and offer support should the employee need it.

Advice to Management

Promote staff within the company, giving them opportunities they may be unaware of. maintaining a general catch up with employees to manage work load and expectations.

Sep 20, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review of life at Morgan Hunt. We appreciate the feedback and are really pleased that you are enjoying your time here and feel engaged with your environment and the good rapport with... More

3. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have benefited from the fantastic opportunities the company has given me over the years. I am one of several staff who has done 10 years plus service and I have truly loved the journey the company has taken me on. They have shown belief in me, supported me with a training/development programme and they have rewarded my performance whether that be remuneration, bonus or promotion. They recognise potential and they like to promote within, the management team, senior management team and leadership team are testament to this. It is a fun place to work, quarterly team nights out, company social events, awards ceremonies and lavish Christmas parties to note. Work life balance is great the hours are good, the company has done a lot to address this to ensure they are not burning out their staff with unsociable hours. In summary, it’s a unique place that has something special. If you are dedicated and have the ability, you will prosper at Morgan Hunt.

Cons

Top biller's do not always make the best managers, not all cases but in some cases, they can leave something to be desired when it comes leadership and management. More support on desk for their staff is required to better support company wide training and development programme delivered by the talent team.

Advice to Management

Promoting within is great but I also think some of the best senior recruits in recent years have come with external experience. So, it is about having a better balance between external experience that gives a different perspective and the long serving staff that have climbed the ladder.

Sep 15, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your review. Really appreciate the feedback. We are incredibly proud of our award winning training and development programme and that our employees feel engaged in their working... More

4. "Leaving review"

Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture
    Working hours
    Work life balance

Cons

Kitchen
    Wider business communication

Aug 23, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review. Short and sweet. We wish you all the best in your future career. Our door is always open. As for the kitchen... #dailystruggle Pretty sure most companies experience the same... More

"Professional and fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine you find yourself in a job you enjoy, with people you like, doing the work you want to do.

Imagine that you have the feeling that your ideas will be listened to and you have the chance to make a real difference.

If you’re really lucky, imagine a senior management team who are actively trying to improve the business in not only profitability but conditions for staff and like to reward effort and innovation.

I don’t have to use my imagination for that; I just turn up at the office. Good, eh?

Cons

Pros sound too good to be true? OK, no job is perfect and I have my share of frustrations and boring stuff. It's not nirvana and it's not always easy.

I also agree with some other reviewers that the company has gone through some not-so-good times in the year I've been here.

My main issue is location; I have a long commute and that grinds me down (this would be true of any job in London, though).

Advice to Management

The last few months have seen some good initiatives; I think it's really important we don't let the momentum drop.

Aug 3, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your review. Completely take your point on board that there has been a lot of changes in the last year and we're really ecstatic to hear that our hard work to drive positive... More

"Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team environment, Fun and serious when we need to be. Management are supportive and see your vision on where to take the business, full support along the journey.

Cons

More PSL accounts would really drive us to the next level

Jul 28, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback. Very positive to read that our vision and values are clear and our employees can identify their part to play in realising our vision. P.S... More

7. "Morgan Hunt Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career Progression
    - Friendly and professional environment
    - A strong and fair SLT who recognise hard work
    - Employee benefits

Cons

- Lack of communication between divisions

Aug 9, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your feedback. All feedback is welcome and appreciated. It's great to hear that career progression has been clearly defined and that your working environment is a welcome one. We... More

8. "Amazing Company Delivering Success to Clients, Candidates and Staff"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company that genuinely cares about the people it employs. Clear strategies, support and training, powerful vision of growth for the future through understandable and well communicated values. I cant believe that the few negative reviews on this page are written by people who work at the same organisation. Everyone is brilliant here, everyone cares how I'm doing and the staff parties and events are better than any of my friends or family receive where they work.

Cons

Not many, everything is so fair and transparent. I suppose the Public Sector recruitment market is tough to operate in at the moment but with such good people about the organisation there is always someone to support and help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, the office is really buzzy and exciting, keep bringing the really good experienced staff into the business.

Jul 26, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review. It's fantastic to see that our values and vision are embedded and that our people feel they have clear direction of purpose to achieving our mission. Here's to... More

"Senior Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic management
    Good leadership
    Strong team players
    Knowledgeable consultants
    Good working hours
    Set up to succeed

Cons

Not being able to take the team on holiday with me when I am off.

Advice to Management

"The results will come now the right team is in place"

Jun 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your review as a current employee. We really appreciate the feedback and are incredibly pleased you are having such a great time as part of the Morgan Hunt family. Long may it... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

I've been working here for over a year and it's a great place to work. There's a real buzz in the office backed up by a supportive culture. My boss encourages me to have autonomy but I know there are there if I need them. This has allowed me to really grow and develop as a consultant. It's fun too, everyone gets on well and I look forward to coming into work in the morning.

Cons

I would have said the working hours which were very long on a daily basis but things have changed there and I work work 8.30am to 5pm which allows me to get home in time to see my kids.

Apr 6, 2017 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your positive feedback. We're really pleased that our approach to flexible working is having a positive impact on your work-life balance. It's so important that we provide a great place to... More