Morgan Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Morgan Hunt Managing Director Dan Taylor
Dan Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 30 which improves the work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Also the new working hours are a dream within the recruitment work - so nice to have flexibility - early finishes and casual Fridays (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The commission structure changed for the worse - obviously to compensate the high rent costs for such an amazing office (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of respect from senior management (in 6 reviews)

1. "An enjoyable place to work, your colleagues and management really made the difference. Supportive and collabrative."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great training provided, solid opportunities to everyone even if new to recruitment.
    Good working environment based in lovely offices in Central London.

Cons

Subject to long hours but this is true in any recruitment environment; however you are not expected to take work home in the evenings or weekends.

Advice to Management

Its important to listen and know your employees; be aware of their motivations and what makes them tick - will allow you to bring the best potential out of them.

2. "Would highly recommend"

Current Employee - Brand & Advertising Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Brand & Advertising Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Since joining Morgan Hunt the feeling of belonging here was instant, I've joined an incredible team, the atmosphere in the office is always on a good vibe, it is always buzzing and feel great. Everyone is friendly here. I have progressed in my role in such a short space of time, you always praised for your achievements.

Cons

I wouldn't say there is a downside but we do need more offices space to fit more Morgan Hunters in as the headcount is grown each and every single day.

3. "Recruitment Consultant"

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team comradery was a brilliant part of the job, we all got on well, and the manager created a real buzz within the office.
    I learnt a lot about myself and grew in confidence enormously over the time at Morgan Hunt.
    The money was great and I was heavily incentivised which showed through in the figures.
    I found the job was relatively straight forward if you kept it simple and I could built a strong sustainable income going forward. The education division as a whole had a great atmosphere unlike other sales floors I've worked for. Also found the initial training and supervision from managers and colleagues was very good and they showed genuine concern that their staff progressed and were enjoying the job.
    The company shows great faith in its employers and you feel you are given time to bed in and thus feel secure in your job, which makes it a fantastic place to start your career. A very young workforce full of ambition, which makes for an enthusiastic environment and also a great nightlife of course.
    The pay was brilliant and although being new I was quickly able to bill far more than I expected (you often take OTE's with a pinch of salt) and so could save up enough to fulfil my career choice.
     I also love the new offices, spacious and brings the company into a new level of professionalism.
    Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and will miss everyone and know I have made some real friends for life, in such a short space of time. Also learnt a lot about business and communication skills.

Cons

Not many con's would say that Recruitment consulting in whole requires long hours, but if you are hungry enough this will pay off. You are required to work hard, but the environment keeps it entertaining. Many of the negative reviews on this website will be from young members who haven't had exposure to many different sales/recruitment floors, also people only come on to vent negativity. I would say that this company has been the best I have worked for in 8 years in sales and I am only leaving to pursue a career in teaching.

Advice to Management

Slight changes in the structure of the working day, seemed restrictive towards the end of my time there. I would say that moving to focus on KPI's makes members of the team feel restricted and removes a level of autonomy that is needed in a sales role, however not sure that this had been fully implemented. outbound calls do not always equal sales as many of my clients have told me, the reason they continue to use me was because I didn't call them unnecessarily.
    I did think that some of the more outspoken, but as proven not as successful consultants got praise and credit because they were loud. From my experience this doesn't often mean a good consultant, and some of the more reserved and industrious hard working consultants often come out trump and so should also be highlighted.
    Otherwise a great company and keep doing what you are doing, creating that winning team mentality.

Jul 27, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your review and positive feedback from your time at Morgan Hunt. We're thrilled that we're getting it right and providing a supportive working environment for our people. We appreciate... More

4. "Credit Controller"

Former Employee - Credit Controller in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Credit Controller in London, England (UK)

Pros

Personally for me Morgan Hunt is probably the best company I've worked for. I love my team and we got on so well sometimes i didn't even feel like i was in work. My manager gave me a lot of confidence to develop well within my role so much so that I've surprised myself at how good i am. I was given the opportunity to join Morgan Hunt not having any experience within Credit Control and now its not just a job its a career.

The incentives were one of my favourite parts of Morgan Hunt, Fruit Tuesdays, team nights out, summer parties and Christmas ones too. Even little things like the George Miller awards and being offered a couple of glasses of Prosecco to celebrate how well we had done as a company were just nice little touches.

Overall working for Morgan Hunt was exciting and working in the City of London was just an added bonus.

Cons

I don't think people would have many negative comments to say about Morgan Hunt. I really don't. Why am i leaving you ask? To pursue a career in Credit Control and climb the ladder to a managers position. Its not something i can do at Morgan Hunt but i wouldn't hold that against them.

Advice to Management

In support we aren't always included in as many competitions as the people in sales. I know we don't make the money like sales do but we do just a good a job collecting it. 2 people in Credit Control were in the top 3 in the company for outbound calls so that says something.

Sep 12, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave Morgan Hunt such glowing feedback. Employee wellbeing and engagement is critical to us and we’re really chuffed we’re getting it right. It’s also fantastic to... More

5. "Consultant -> Manager in 4 years"

Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Manager in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros for working at Morgan Hunt are endless. In no particular order here the benefits of working for this organisation: You are able to work towards promotions when you are ready, not when someone leaves or there is an exact business need which is refreshing in recruitment. The commission structure is very transparent. The social side of the company is great, everyone gets on well and people are of a very similar mould especially when you first start as the average age for new consultants is 22-25. The support given on desk from day one is exceptional, the team work together and you have a Manager who decided to hire you themselves so want you to do well. We have a mentor scheme that works really well, you can speak with them about anything work related and they can offer guidance and support away from your own team.
    For myself, I started as a Consultant in Oct 2011, was then promoted to Senior in early 2013 and by April 2014 was a Business Manager on track to become a Manager but given responsibility to manager a budget close to £1M and constantly given support and help from my peers which meant that I never had any doubts about my own ability! For someone starting a career in recruitment I would be very surprised if many companies of this size can match the earning potential, support and career path that Morgan Hunt offer.

Cons

There are of course teething problems with a company that has grown from less than 100 to nearly 400 in staff within 4/5 years and this environment isn't for everyone. At interview stage, we encourage everyone to do a desk trial, ask as many questions as possible and even come for drinks with the teams to fully understand what they are 'signing' up for!

Advice to Management

Support from day 1 is great but most people who leave are generally people that don't fully understand the job and what it will take to become a success. I would suggest that as a company we should be scared to show newbies the struggles that it takes to not just enjoy working for Morgan Hunt but to become one of its next stars.

Sep 12, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review and such positive feedback from your time at Morgan Hunt. It’s really important that to us that our staff are supported throughout their career and our mentor programme is just... More

6. "Forward thinking and diverse"

Current Employee - Part Time Repceponist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Part Time Repceponist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Morgan Hunt   as a part time Repceponist 3 years ago, as I  needed a better work life balance.  I wanted a  postion that would allow me to draw on my skills and experience gained as an Ops Manager prior to  having children . MH as given me this and I am proud to be part of a company that is diverse and forward thinking  in their approach to recruitment.
    As an older women and a mother the job market can prove difficult. This was not the case with MH they reconised I had a wealth of knowledge and experience  to bring to the buisness which was refreshing. Working for MH has allowed me to continue to do a job i am paasionate about, whilst meeting the changing needs of my family and more importantly without comprising  on either role.
    I now have a perfect work life balance and  I am able to give 100 percent effort every day in trying to deliver an exceptional customer experience.for our clients.

Cons

The growth of the buisness and recent office move has proved challenging at times.

Sep 22, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thanks so much for your positive feedback! It’s great to hear we’re getting it right and that your flexible working environment enables you to work efficiently and lead your life without compromise... More

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working at Morgan Hunt for nearly 8 years now and have stayed for 2 simple reasons, the people and the culture. Morgan Hunt looks after its staff, they are their biggest asset and they are continually looking for ways to make life better for them. It is a tough job but the salary, commission structures and work-life balance as well as the wider culture of the organisation make it very good place to work.

Cons

It is recruitment, it can be long hours and some tough days but the more you put in the more you get out. Morgan Hunt is fully aware of this and is continues to improve the work environment to offset this.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the staff experience, incentives, new areas (new offices) and the consultants will stay with you!

Sep 30, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your review of your time with us so far. It's really important to us to hear that our approach to engaging and nurturing our people is something you feel we do really well. We appreciate... More

"Chris' Review"

Former Employee - Senior Manager - Corporate Services in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager - Corporate Services in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Culture - Quite simply, a fantastic place to work. There is a real emphasis on values, culture and teamwork. Great people and an excellent environment to work in.
    2) Offices - Great location, even better offices!
    3) Senior members of staff. I was privileged enough to work under the best boss I've had - Natalie. There us very little turnover at senior level which means you get a real rapport with your boss and there is stability within the company.
    4) Support staff. I have never worked in a place where the 'support' function play such a pivotal role in the running of the sales floor. From marketing to HR to Reception, everyone has a key place to drive the business.
    5) Friendships made - this speaks for itself, but MH have a great work hard / play hard attitude
    6) Training. They really invest in their staff. The amount of training and opportunities to learn is second to none!
    7) Rupert! The fact its still privately owned make you feel like a person not a number. You can always have face time with the guy that owns the company!
    I'm sure there are many more but for now - nothing but positive things to say about this place and I am sad to be leaving the MH family.

Cons

1) the selection in the vending machine - woeful!
    2) The lifts!

On a serious note - there are no major cons in this company. I've had an amazing three and a half years here and I am sad to leave. Thanks for everything MH!

Advice to Management

1) Don't be afraid to share your problems with your peers. The likelihood is they have been through the same and their advice will help.
    2) Directors - when times get tough, put an arm round your managers. I still believe they have the hardest job in recruitment. Billing and running a team is tough!

Feb 3, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thanks for your glowing review Chris. Think this is kinda meant to be anonymous but love that you have put your name to it. Thrilled that you enjoyed your time here and wishing you all the best in... More

9. "Amazing place to work, great support & great benefits"

Former Employee - Consultanty in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultanty in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vibrant office
    Amazing support
    They hire the most amazing bunch of people!
    Great benefits and socials
    They make you feel valued

Cons

I cant think of any - The only con for me personally is when I decided to leave!

Sep 13, 2016 – Marketing Director

Short and sweet. Thanks so much for taking the time to review us as a company to work for. We really appreciate the positive feedback. Good luck!

"Great support, training and opportunities to build a career"

I worked at Morgan Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Morgan Hunt for a little under two years within the Private Sector division of Morgan Hunt. From the day I joined, I have received great training which was extremely helpful given that I had no previous experience. My manager, the team and the director were extremely supportive and helped me develop professionally. Although there were opportunities for me to progress within Morgan Hunt, I choose to pursue a slightly different career within HR. Overall, a great company, excellent back-office support and nice people to work with.

Cons

The London office is modern, spacious and very impressive, however, it lacks a breakdown area where people can relax during lunch. e.g. a play room, a ping-pong table a sofa. Other than that there isn't really a lot of negatives, work hard and you will be rewarded.

Sep 13, 2016 – Marketing Director

Thanks very much for your glowing review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time here and experienced the benefit of the career development opportunities. Very best of luck in your new career... More