Morgan Management, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert C. Morgan

1. "Great Company to Start or Continue Career in Industry"

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Morgan Management aka Morgan Communities is a great company to work for. I have enjoyed 3 yrs with the company and very excited about our future! I've read through most of the reviews and don't recognize any of the plight the others describe—except the comment about the outdated system. However, in July 2016 our company took the expensive plunge and upgraded the technology platform by rolling out Yardi across the portfolio. Technology can be a curse and a blessing...helpful and disruptive. Quite frankly it also has a short shelf life as far as the investment is involved. In other words, it ain't cheap!

Morgan Management has done wonders for my career, my work-home life balance and provides everything from housing, to income to experience for myself and my family.

Cons

No 401k match currently available for employees.

Advice to Management

Simply, invest in the 401k match.

"Zero Support Where It Matters"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Comparable pay per industry standards, but very dependant on property/investor. Generous PTO.

Cons

Site level employees (the source of income) have no support and no respect. Attention is given only to criticize. New responsibilities and priorities given from every direction but no training or support to get it done. Everyone seemingly stretched so thin that they are not able to effectively and thoughtfully do their job. Training has improved, but is still pitiful at best. No real investment in anyone and it shows. Employees are frustrated, nobody knows, nobody cares, nobody has time. Benefits are out of reach for most employees. No 401k match. Cohesion, consistency, and communication are NON EXISTENT.

Advice to Management

Pick a policy and adhere consistently. Ask for input from strong on-site staff how things work. know the laws of the states you are doing business in. Invest and train!!! Test and understand programs and software before haulting all production on the property with another blind rollout FAIL.

"WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR"

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC full-time

Pros

There are absolutely zero pros for this management company.

Cons

Highly unorganized from all facets of the company, horrible training, upper management is a complete joke, hard work does not pay off with this organization.

"A Good Stepping Stone"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a good place to gain some kind of experience. The company honors employee discounts, which is good if you live on property.

Cons

Lack of communication. Corporate doesn't invest in it's employees. Benefits are very expensive. 3 day training on a phone with no actual hands on info. Training comes weeks after you've picked up most of what is shown to you on the phone. Expect you to sell..sell...sell..when they don't put money into the properties. Behind on payments for vendors, Disorganized and dysfunctional etc....

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter, it goes on deaf ears. Communication, invest in your employees and properties. Provide better training.

"Work somewhere else"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

Pros

The only pro is that you can get hired pretty easily with 0 qualifications.

Cons

No training. No structure. No team work. Bad management. Everyone lies to the superior all the way up to the owners. It has a horrible work environment. They're willing to do unethical things.

Advice to Management

Have better values.

7. "Life Guard"

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC part-time

Pros

They worked with my schedule nicely

Cons

It was a very boring job

"Disfunctional, disloyal and disorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to be considered an asset to your customers and co-workers, where your work is valued, this is not the place for you. If you are considering working here, do your research and start with the Troy Record article about Morgan Management being sued or related contact regarding the Massachusetts Attorney General suing the company that will open the flood gates of how these folks do business:

Cons

Don't put policies in place such as, "we don't refund customer security deposits unless they ask for them." Create a check and balance system of financial reporting and hire original thinkers to brand yourself. I could fill this box, but I shall write only that you have no idea what you are doing and some agency, that is watching you, will catch on to the methodology you use to acquire and 'manage' (I use that term very loosely) business units.

Advice to Management

Don't be governed by your emotions and throw temper tantrums that shape your decision making and don't think that you can operate the storage business the way you operated the R.V. parks. Hire competent employees, who care and are dedicated rather than clowns who look to please you.

"Disorganized, disarray and disloyal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this organization. I can't wait to find a new career path.

Cons

This company is the worst run organization in America. They have no idea what it takes to be successful or manage anything. We are headed by an owner who is over-emotional and an administrative leader whose mission is beyond their grasp. In fact, their business practices are beyond questionable and border on long term tactical suicide Before you choose to work here, you should check out the complaints about York Beach and Peter's Pond R.V. parks and the foreclosures regarding the businesses.

Advice to Management

Hire a competent leader. Don't misrepresent the duties and available resources of an employee when they are hired. Rescind the policy of withholding a customer deposit unless the customer asks for it. And, fix all of the properties' problems like security and lighting.

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsford, NY

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time

Pros

"Some" of the properties have great teams and a fun work environment , they hire from within often times (which can be good or bad).

Cons

The benefits are horrible and expensive, pay is lower than other rental companies, commissions are lower than other companies, only certain properties get bonuses -- no cohesion. Growing too fast with horrible money management, they are behind thousands per vendor. Annual raises barley keep up with inflation, no 401k!

Advice to Management

Invest in the longevity of your employee's future and give us a 401k like all other legitimate companies have. Also, stop giving us small 3% raises only to increase our health insurance so there is essentially no gain.

"Property Managers Need More Love"

Former Employee - Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good about promoting within the company when opportunities become available

Cons

Compensation/bonuses, delayed vendor payments, restricted budges, poor benefits