Morgan McKinley Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

4.8
Morgan McKinley CEO Pat Fitzgerald
Pat Fitzgerald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good work-life balance by keeping admin/meetings to a reasonable level (in 10 reviews)

• Great working environment, world-class orgnization (in 10 reviews)

Cons

1. "It's about the people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Morgan McKinley for 2 years and had a great experience. I learnt so much new skills and there was always a team member to help you. Even being one of the most successful recruitment firms in London, Morgan McKinley still listens to their staff. Keeping their staff happy is their number one priority. They are extremely flexible in giving employees new challenges when asked. For new employees coming in to the business it is an extremely social & friendly work environment.

Cons

Nothing bad to say. They were extremely flexible.

Aug 23, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

2. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to get a good salary early on, good training, nice people

Cons

The job security wasnt great, when you're making money things are wonderful but when the market turns down people get managed out

Advice to Management

I think you're probably running the right model for your business and you know what you're doing.

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work with excellent clients

Cons

Poor culture, unpleasant working environment
    Very little career progression

Jan 19, 2017 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in more detail as I am keen to understand your views on our culture, environment and progression, since... More

"A-Star company!"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training for all levels with career development plans for everyone
    Strong brand name in both FS and C&I markets
    Reward culture based on performance
    Work life balance
    Friendly welcoming environment
    Modern spacious offices in Central London

Cons

Sometime roll multiple initiatives out at once

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in growth strategy, retain good people and continue to help them reach their potential

Dec 1, 2016 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you highly rate our development plans, reward culture, brand presence and office environment. We appreciate your observations on our new... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for 3 big recruitment brands over the last 15 years and by far MMk is the best company i have worked for. Just been voted and won the 'Best FS recruiter to work for 2016' and for good reasons. Its obvious that the talent is a cut above the rest. Strong leadership team that work well together and who are very transparent to the floor. Great incentives that drives success and a culture that anyone would feel welcome in. If you have the right attitude and strong team ethic then MMk is a great vehicle to make you successful

Cons

Based near Covent Garden. Great for shopping but not great if you commute from deep Essex. However there is a degree of flexibility at MMk to accommodate anyone

Advice to Management

Keep the business one step ahead of the competition by being creative and taking risks. We are winning !

Dec 1, 2016 – People Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. It’s great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley so far! Suggestions are always welcome, so feel free to contact me confidentially... More

"Avoid!!"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Position of the office in Central London, decent salary

Cons

High turnover. The working hours can be very long. There is discrimination towards not English native speakers and racism. The Managers pretend they are nice to you, but then talk at your back.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest and do not hide behind nice words.

Nov 30, 2016 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed and concerned to read some of your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in confidence in more detail. Please contact me... More

"Strong values and vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

With forward thinking leaders, a great sense of purpose, and it's people at the heart of the business, I would challenge anyone to find a better place to work within the recruitment industry. With clear career progression, transparent reward structures, numerous incentives that are both financially and non financially related, a market leading training and development function and a desire to push an entrepreneurial spirit amongst staff, the business is able to continually evolve and adapt to the ever changing market conditions.

With a global footprint, internal mobility is welcomed, which is something that enhances the opportunities available to employees. Innovation and technology support the growth of the organisation and assist in executing the companies strategic long term plan. The Irish owners are both visionary in nature and interested in how everyone is performing at every level. They take the time to know who is who and welcome everyone into the organisation.

All in all, providing you take pride in your career, and have the commitment and dedication to succeed, Morgan McKinley will offer you the path to achieving exactly that.

Cons

What comes with forward thinking, innovative and dynamic environments, are a number of initiatives and processes, which can often roll out at similar times.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employees, offering the support network and career progression for all, and driving an open and honest culture, where people are not shy of expressing their thoughts and opinions.

Sep 28, 2016 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its great to hear how positively you rate the culture, incentives, strategy and development platform that you’ve experienced whilst working at Morgan... More

8. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working at Morgan McKinley, great people, great collaborative environment.

Cons

bit quiet on the sales floor occasionally

Aug 22, 2016 – People Director

We appreciate your feedback, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. All insights and suggestions are valuable, and if you wish to discuss anything further please feel... More

9. "Great team culture and good recognition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From joining through to first anniversary, there has been continued support, training and recognition within my role. The company is global and large enough to provide career progression and opportunities, but each office has a sense of community and is very welcoming with many friendly people.
    There are some good team events, especially the annual Christmas Party which brings all UK offices together (great way to meet other colleagues face to face).
    There are a range of benefits on offer which you can tailor to your own preference, alongside a good allowance of annual leave.

Cons

Being a recruitment company, there are many incentives in place for billing consultants. As part of Global Support services I feel there is less on offer to qualify for in terms of quarter end events, although there is recognition twice a year for anyone within the business who demonstrates the company's core values.

Advice to Management

Ensure the personal development process is in place for each individual. This process ensures everyone has time to reflect on achievements and establish targets with their Manager in order to progress their career as they desire. My personal experience of this has been extremely useful and positive.
    It would also be great to see more of an 'us' rather than 'us and them' mindset in regards to billing consultants and support staff within the business.

Aug 22, 2016 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that our management team are always available if you have any concerns or issues within the business. We wish you a successful career in the company.

"Employment"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Very motivational and engaging company

Cons

Stereotypical recruitment environment, top billers favoured

Advice to Management

N/A

Aug 26, 2016 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read some of your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in confidence in more detail. Please contact me directly and... More