Morgan McKinley Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Morgan McKinley CEO Pat Fitzgerald
Pat Fitzgerald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good work-life balance by keeping admin/meetings to a reasonable level (in 11 reviews)

• There is a great working environment and access to further training if you need it (in 15 reviews)

1. "Consultant"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Open culture, diverse employees, good opportunity for young employees.

Cons

Training is not well developed, internal politics.

Advice to Management

Improve training, address problems faster, more transparency.

Jul 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I would welcome the opportunity to learn about your experience in more detail, as I am keen to understand your views on our training programmes, since this is typically... More

2. "Researcher"

Pros

Great working environment, world-class orgnization

Cons

Highly competetive, extremely target driven

Jul 19, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

3. "Great People, Poor Senior Management"

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

great people and culture, knows how to have fun and great experience

Cons

senior management ideas sometimes does not align with employees

Jan 27, 2017 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I would be interested to learn more about your views on senior management - please feel free to contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com

4. "Good boutique recruitment firm"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, good company culture, no emphasis on KPIs, good work-life balance

Cons

slow software, slow promotion (no clear goal), high turnover in researcher team

Advice to Management

Set clear goals for researchers, consultants and senior consultants. Actively recruit fresh grad or interns as researchers or get rid of the researcher level

5. "Associate Consultant"

Former Employee - Associate in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley (More than a year)

Pros

the environment and culture is good

Cons

the working hours can be long

Sep 14, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review!

"Excellent place with a very different style."

Current Employee - Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A genuinely different recruitment company, with a much more mature and professional way of operating. Autonomy and ownership is encouraged rather than micro-managing, and leadership options are available to those who want them, from an early stage in your career.

Great office, excellent incentives (at least half the office goes each year on trip to vietnam, thailand etc and stay in 5 star hotels; plus team lunches; office sports and fun activities in the evenings - lots of social interaction).

Professionally a good brand - genuine leader in financial services recruitment in HK (wins awards year after year) and a strong commerce & industry division growing for 10+ years now which means the company covers a large share of the market.

Impressive CSR: raising 1,000,000 Euro for charity in less than 2 years, and we get charitable days off to help towards this target. Company shows it has a heart.

Strong, friendly, but firm MD who cares for the people, but will not allow idle staff to sit still. As an experienced recruiter she also adds a lot of info and contacts to the team.

Work/Life balance is decent. Some people work late as a choice but it is not expected or encouraged. We also have target-based early closing, including 12noon friday, and we start later than most recruiters in HK.

Cons

Database can be slow and frustrating sometimes

Some privileged consultants expect all the work to be done for them and complain when it is not. This can effect morale.

More responsibility could be given to junior managers earlier.

Quite a few long-term staff had got comfortable and were not as hard-working or cross-selling well. They should step up or move on, as negative energy is not welcome.

Office is really full now and can be too noisy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you have a recipe to grow this happy business. Dont listen to some of the negativity from those low performers who are not prepared to work hard... or be distracted by lazy people's feedback.

Aug 23, 2017 – HR Business Partner

We appreciate your feedback, and ensure that we take all comments (positive and negative) on board. We’re pleased to read your observations on our culture, management team and CSR challenge. It would... More

7. "good company"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

good environment of work . good cafeteria. good food .

Cons

Please change the hr management little.

Advice to Management

Worst hr ever met .

Aug 23, 2017 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with the HR team at Morgan McKinley. I'd really welcome your further feedback, since this is typically rated... More

"MMK - Singapore Office"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MMK is definitely different that the other recruitment firms; they do live up to their values and provide a healthy competitive environment where all the consultants can feel empowered. There will always be some thinking that it is too competitive, too sales target driven, too KPI driven. The reality is, we are in recruitment; if you do not like a bit of competition or to achieve sales targets, it might not be the right job for you.

The senior management is very close to each employees and everything is very transparent; the Director is always open to hear new ideas or concerns that we might have and takes them onboard. Most managers are also good listeners.

It is also a very rewarding environment; every success is celebrated. And when we do not have a good month, well, we are being motivated to do better.

I created very strong friendships in this environment; most of us work very well together and cross-selling happens naturally.

MMK is also very involved in charity and CSR programmes.

I believe most people feel proud to be part of the MMK family, I certainly do. The way we approach recruitment is different than everybody else. We are very candidate focused: we treat all candidates like kings and queens while others would glorify clients only.

It is a modern recruitment firm, listening to the markets and riding the Tech wave. We also focus more on recruiting for SME rather than the big dogs.

Recruitment is a very competitive industry in Singapore. There are 3700 of them here and MMK definitely stands out.

There are also loads of internal opportunities; if you do not feel good on a particular desk, you can definitely move to another.

Cons

- Training programmes to develop: we recently put in place MOT (module orientated trainings) which is great, and we have very well done online trainings (Knowledge Hub) but we lack face to face training. I know this is being addressed and will be implemented soon.

- Hardware: this is also something that the management is aware off. If we are going to be a more Tech focus recruitment firm, we need to have the tools for it.

- APAC politics: it can be very difficult to work well with a few other of our APAC offices; some internal politics are having a negative effect on the business and on the relationships with some stakeholders.

- The office space is not cost efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and do keep your promises.

Aug 4, 2017 – Head of Learning and Development

Thanks for your review! It's really pleasing to hear about your experience of our culture, values and working environment. I'd be keen to learn more about your ideas and thoughts on training, IT... More

9. "Administrator"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, good salary and perks. Great social life and friendships built.

Cons

I didn't have any issues when working there

Sep 1, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for your review. It's great to hear about your positive experience in our Dublin office. We wish you best of luck for the future.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morgan McKinley are a flexible company working with their employees to offer work opportunities that suit their employees.
    Approachable management
    Excellent online up skilling courses
    Great benefits
    Forward thinking

Cons

none to speak of at this time

Aug 23, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you very much for your feedback. Its great to hear how positively you rate the culture and incentives that you’ve experienced whilst working at Morgan McKinley... Long may it continue!