KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Morgan McKinley

Is this your company?

Morgan McKinley

Add a Review

Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "high turnover"

Updated Apr 1, 2020

Found 18 of over 462 reviews

4.3
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "the people, the atmosphere, work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Really good culture and good working environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "high turnover"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0

Good boutique recruitment firm

May 31, 2015 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly coworkers, good company culture, no emphasis on KPIs, good work-life balance

Cons

slow software, slow promotion (no clear goal), high turnover in researcher team

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure.

Apr 1, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

3. 3.0

Can’t recommend

May 15, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great for graduates, positive environment on some teams. Good exposure to clients, very little business development which gives the opportunity to achieve success quickly. Upbeat social environment and great parties

Cons

Abnormally high turnover from senior management down to the bottom. Growth plans are high yet the core of their business gets lost in the process. Company politics are the biggest problem, promotions are handed out loosely and reactively, often when consultants are not capable and cannot handle the pressure put on them by directors. Consultants and senior management disappear on leave and don’t return with unclear explanations creating a serious lack of transparency and fear of instability. A lot of faith put into new management which has resulted in almost whole teams being wiped out within a year.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Head of HR

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I’m disappointed to learn that your experience has fallen short of the standards we expect. We take your feedback seriously and I’d welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please contact me directly and confidentially at hgallagher@morganmckinley.com.

4. 2.0

It's ok

Feb 3, 2020 - Recruiter in Tokyo
      Business Outlook

Pros

- transparent commission schemes - some small events

Cons

- unclear career progression - micromanagement/political/high turnover depends on team - fear strategies as a motivator tool

People Director

Thank you for your feedback. We take all feedback seriously, and I will be sharing your commentary with our senior team.

5. 1.0
      Former Freelancer, less than 1 year

High turnover, suspicious behaviour

Jan 23, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of events and knowledge that is not shared equally

Cons

In my short time there I witnessed some very strange behaviour both inappropriate and illegal (even overheard someone mentioning they spike drinks). There is high turnover which the reviews would make you think not.

People Director

Thank you for your review. I am deeply concerned to read about your experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback in confidence in more detail. Please contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.co.uk or by phone +44 (0)7917 838059.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall a good experience

Jun 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with excellent colleagues and flexible hours. There is a diverse work load depending on your role and opportunity to change roles internally.

Cons

There can be a high turnover within the company and management is sometimes slow to act.

7. 2.0

Take the good and bad

Apr 2, 2019 - Administrator in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Weekday only, helped to give me the experience for administration

Cons

Monthly pay, bad management, awful working environment, area manager didn't care. I worked in one of their sites near cork city, high turnover of staff due to bad management

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear your experience was not positive. It is unclear from your feedback if you worked in Morgan McKinley or on site with a client. If you could contact me in confidence to provide additional detail I would be grateful. Thank you, hgallagher@morganmckinley.com

8. 2.0

MMK HK review

Jan 9, 2019 - Recruiter in Admiralty
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good reputation in the market Nice colleague - corporate and professional - high quality in the market Strong PSL Good staff benefits Great place to grow by yourself

Cons

Stressful workplace Serious politics issue raised by the top management Top management is led by the MD to play small-group game - very high turnover rate Downsizing due to management issue

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Consultant

Apr 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good location in the city

Cons

Everything. Company has no idea how to execute any growth plans. Since Jan this year has had at least 2 people leaving on a weekly basis. Never seen such high turnover. Horrible culture. Managers have no idea. A good HR team would have a field day if they saw and heard some of the problems on the floor. Avoid at all costs. This company will have you wanting to kill yourself every night.

Global Head of HR

Thank you for your review. I am deeply concerned to read about your experience and would urge you to contact me as soon as possible and in confidence at hgallagher@morganmckinley.com or by phone +353 1 4321555.

10. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Nice People, Excellent Culture, Exceptional Client delivery, Can Lack Creativity and Innovation

Apr 24, 2013 - Marketing in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Morgan McKinley is a great company to work for and with. There are some very very talented people in the organisation. People are not micro-managed they are 'led' in many cases though not all. At Morgan McKinley you get autonomy and if you have an opinion or an idea that you are willing to share you will be listened to. Work here if you want to make a difference and not just be an employee.

Cons

However the sales culture that is recruitment means that sometimes communication can be flawed. I see a very high staff turnover however that is expected in recruitment but it means there are inconsistencies with how we present ourselves. Training and development could be improved I think the general working hours in the London office should be shorter

2 people found this review helpful