KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Morgan McKinley

Is this your company?

Morgan McKinley

Add a Review

Morgan McKinley Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated Jun 5, 2020

Found 28 of over 500 reviews

4.2
Morgan McKinley Chief Executive Officer  Gerald Fitzgerald
Gerald Fitzgerald
Pros
  • "the people, the atmosphere, work/life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Really good culture and good working environment(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable(in 18 reviews)

• "Not fit for someone who is looking for a mild career progression(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Researcher

Jul 17, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment, world-class orgnization

Cons

Highly competetive, extremely target driven

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Honest Review, I really enjoyed my time at MMK and sad it didn't work out. Would recommend them for sure.

Apr 1, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close knit teams, which is good as there really is a good culture feel. Everyone in there was helpful, made suggestions and helps out, candidate sharing not hoarding, engaging and friendly - nights out organised, team games etc. They do have high expectations (and rightly so), passionate - really hard working for the benefit of the client which is so under rated - not a bunch of cow-boys, lovely office and working environment, great training - really intuitive and engaging - management and consultants run them so you know its from people actually doing your job training you, flexibility and ability to work from home was under rated - especially in current times. Experienced leaders and consultants who know the market really well, have some close relationships with clients meaning good access to roles (in my case this was true). Revised commission structure is good. As always focuses on performance = rewards which is good, but allows you to earn from day one.

Cons

Tend to focus only on the positives ("positive news only please"), which can be difficult in hard times - a bit of realism to staff would go along way if people are really struggling with market conditions I think it would help to hear empathy in relation to that. Although I understand that positive news is important for team morale. When someone is struggling although management say the right things I didn't feel they worked properly to help fix them (this could be a clash of personality styles or something else), maybe it was that it didn't sink in until it was too late. Pretty cut throat, feel like you are only good as your last deal. Feel like peoples past achievements are forgotten about or overlooked if things change/take a downturn. Not sure where things can go long term for career progression due to lots of managers, unsure of their structure long term even with the revised pathway to success? Apparently some people aren't happy with the revised plans, could result in them earning less money. Think there is a relatively high turnover in a couple areas of the business, but mainly its stable.

Marketing Assistant

Thank you for your review and sharing your thoughts. We take on board your feedback and are grateful for this insight, in order to help us improve. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Morgan McKinley and wish you every success in your future.

3. 5.0

Company in good transformation

Jun 6, 2019 - Consultant in Admiralty
      Business Outlook

Pros

-New MD is way different than previous Managment, he is nice, approachable and always open for conversation, always positive and brings good energy to workplace -open and democratic working environment now -Great client pool, lots of terms signed -Great resources for candidate sourcing -Good marketing team and tools to drive sales -Good L&D -Flexible working environment, not as robotic as the firms I worked at before -Work life balance, no need to wait for the manager to off duty, can go on time if you want -can earn a lot if you are hard working -peers are nice -Clean pantry with nice view, always have fruits and snacks

Cons

Takes few months time to drive all the changes

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best recruitment company I have worked for

Apr 25, 2019 - Senior Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work environment, work life balance and flexibility to work from home, leave early or start later as needed, focus is on quality of your work and output and not how long you spend in the office. Leadership genuinely cares about your ideas and input and will always encourage you to grow The team is encouraging, no back stabbing and they are all always happy with your success.

Cons

I know that opportunities to work internationally and move to other disciplines is available, but would want to have a clear view of what roles are vacant onshore and offshore and an idea on how to get a conversation started if there is interest to move.

Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and are really pleased to hear about your positive experience working in our Sydney office. Should you wish to find out more about the global opportunities we have on offer, then please reach out in confidence to Steph Newth or anyone from our Talent Acquisition team directly. We wish you a long and successful career in Team MMK.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture and progress

Jun 5, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good culture and good working environment

Cons

Lack of benefits Big focus on targets and KPI's

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you have positively rated your experience at Morgan McKinley and we wish you every success in your future with us.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Very global and progressive working environment, with healthy balance of freedom and support.

Mar 5, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Tokyo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Global Support Network. Experienced managers who believe in mentoring - invest a lot of time and effort when people are starting out. Growing office so opportunities for progression Individuals are encouraged to build their own markets and business. As long as you are working hard and contributing to the business and the brand, managers give a lot of freedom with less focus on KPIs. Good commissions. Open and relaxed working environment. Good team work. Flexible working arrangements.

Cons

Still a lot more room to implement even more flexible working arrangements to improve work/life balance.

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your feedback, which has been great for us to read! It's fantastic to hear all the positive experiences you're having in our Tokyo office, and we appreciate your 'what-outs' for the future. Wishing you a long and happy career at MMK.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Overall a good experience

Jun 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with excellent colleagues and flexible hours. There is a diverse work load depending on your role and opportunity to change roles internally.

Cons

There can be a high turnover within the company and management is sometimes slow to act.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Talent Acquisition

Mar 4, 2019 - Talent Acquisition in Tokyo
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great on boarding program Flexible working environment. Great work life balance (flex time, well being time, work from home,remote access, casual attire) Constant support from the leadership team and peers. transparent company, offering transparent incentive scheme and suitable resources to achieve one's goal. Great synergy between team mates and other teams across the business.

Cons

Nothing that i cant think of.

Global Marketing Executive

We're really happy to hear about your positive experience working in MMK Tokyo! Long may it continue and thank you for sharing your feedback.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 21, 2016 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

All the advantages of a global business with a strong brand within a friendly and supportive boutique environment. The two MDs in the Sydney office promote self-development opportunities and the wider business supports you in your endeavours. The atmosphere in the office is not solely KPI focused with an emphasis on building strong relationships with new and old clients alike. Outside of the office the business arrange quarterly events for high achievers, teams and the whole office alike. The work environment, high performing office and numerous social events lead to a strong camaraderie across the office. Having recently returned from Queenstown on the 'High Flyers' trip I can confirm you'll have a great time!

Cons

At times the global business and the Ireland / UK does have a habit of implementing new processes without trialling for an extended period of time. Or it may be that the new processes don't suit the Australian way of operating, however these are minor points and don't take away considerably from the functionality of the Sydney office.

People Director

We appreciate your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at the Sydney office and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed the recent Queenstown trip! All insights and suggestions are valuable, and if you wish to discuss anything in the future please feel free to speak to our management team, or contact me directly and confidentially at awebb@morganmckinley.com We wish you a successful career in the company.

10. 4.0

Recruitment Consultant

Mar 6, 2019 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, excellent commission and a wonderful development.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your review with us. It's great to hear your positive views on working in our Sydney office. Long may it continue!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews